Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding foreign bigs, another name to put on the radar: Walter Tavares

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/walter-tavares

Gigantic, mobile, but raw as ... Could be a big time draft and stash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might well be available at 58. I guaranteed no one picks him in the first round, including us.

Having had a look at that photo of Mam and that guy referred to as a giant on this site, Mam looks to have put on some serious upper body muscle. Plus he is very young still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might well be available at 58. I guaranteed no one picks him in the first round, including us.
    What'd you do to him? Spread bad rumors about him?

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More players are starting to declare...good news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What'd you do to him? Spread bad rumors about him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC Buford mentioned in a podcast with Zach Lowe that Dusan Ivkovic, coach of the Serbian national team until last year, is coming over for the Spurs' game against the Lakers. I wonder if that's a sign that the Spurs consider drafting Bogdanovic or Micic. They both played for him at last year's EuroBasket tournament, so he should be able to provide some valuable insight on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson and LaVine from UCLA declared today; Anderson is a fringe lottery pick, while LaVine might be available in the Spurs' range. He's young and hyper-athletic. He started off the year on a tear before crashing back down to earth as the season wore on, but he's got some tantalizing potential...could be a steal at the end of the first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Parker declared today. He's really the total package and has a very no-nonsense approach to the game. If I had the #1 pick, this would be the guy I'd choose. Hopefully he doesn't end up in career purgatory locations...could see a place like Orlando working out very well for him tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Josh Huestis could be a possibility for our #57 or #60. 6'8 with a 7'1 wingspan, 34% 3 point shooter over the last 2 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX updated their mock on Friday including team records, yet they have the clips at 57 WITH their pick. Ugh. They also miss that Dallas being 21st woulf make their pick property of OKC, but right now the Mavs have the 14th pick, so the point is moot.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha indeed. Finally. Other interesting things of note are that Early is listed as a SF as opposed to a PF like he was earlier, that McAdoo is finally back in the top 60 and that several of my choices for Spurs picks have moved up. Jaiteh seems to be in no-man's land, Antetokounmpo is slated just above the Clipper's pick and that Micic would no longer be considered a reach at 30.

The draft will be interesting to say the least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan Adams chose to return to school... Of the players below our pick I somewhat like Robinson for his upside... Yeah a SF I know but really not many compelling choices around our pick in the latest mock, hopefully the Harrison twins enter the draft... Or we could really end up trading up or down...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated recently came out with their Mock Draft 1.0. They have us picking Glenn Robinson III at #30.

30. San Antonio Spurs -- Glenn Robinson III, F, Michigan
    Robinson didn't develop into the lottery pick many projected he would this season. But he's a good athlete who had enough breakout games -- including a 20-point performance against Arizona -- for someone to take a chance on him. Robinson will need to improve his perimeter shooting significantly (he regressed to 30.6 percent from three-point range this season) to make it in the NBA.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...#ixzz2zRNFjTyQ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft sites are all over the place with players but realistic these are who I would go with:

Semaj Christon - PG - 6'3 - A slasher scorer who plays great defense..
    Vasilje Micic - PG - 6'5 - A true PG who knows how to play the pick and roll.

Glen Robison - SF - 6'6 - A good inside scorer, very athletic someone who can take it to the basket. Will need to work with Chip on his outside shooting

Mitch McGary - C - 6'10 (266pds) A strong guy who has a big heart and will leave it all on the court. Great rebounder but will have to spend a year with Chip on outside shooting

Isiah Austin - C - 7'1 (218pds) A decent shot blocker though more upside on altering opponents shots with his height and wingspan- Plays smart but is rail thin

As far as trades I wonder what we could work out with Phil...They have pick 2 and 10 in the fist and pick 32,39,48, and 55 in the second.
    Last edited by BackHome; 04-20-2014 at 03:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft sites are all over the place with players but realistic these are who I would go with:

Semaj Christon - PG - 6'3 - A slasher scorer who plays great defense..
    Vasilje Micic - PG - 6'5 - A true PG who knows how to play the pick and roll.

Glen Robison - SF - 6'6 - A good inside scorer, very athletic someone who can take it to the basket. Will need to work with Chip on his outside shooting

Mitch McGary - C - 6'10 (266pds) A strong guy who has a big heart and will leave it all on the court. Great rebounder but will have to spend a year with Chip on outside shooting

Isiah Austin - C - 7'1 (218pds) A decent shot blocker though more upside on altering opponents shots with his height and wingspan- Plays smart but is rail thin

As far as trades I wonder what we could work out with Phil...They have pick 2 and 10 in the fist and pick 32,39,48, and 55 in the second.
    Love both, but prefer Micic personally. He'll fit in very well and looks great on film from what I've seen. I like the idea of Austin, Dinwiddie, Patric Young, McAdoo, Poythress, Darkari Johnson, in the second round. Then you're obvious Spur like guys in Jaiteh, Nurkic, and some others. I've also seen Andrew Harrison fall all the way to the end of the first round. I would love that!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Very interesting news. He should be another candidate for the 1st round pick. Great length/size (6'8/9 + 7'3 wingspan) for the SF position, French and just turns 19 this year.
    Although he seems to be a bit too similar to LJC.
    Last edited by jyra; 04-21-2014 at 11:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he should be considered for anything above the 58th pick. He'd be the worst wing prospect in the team's pipeline. I mean, if the team drafted him in the second, I'd be fine with them bringing him in for a couple of seasons to see if they could develop him, but by no means do I think he'll be the best option at 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've reverted the pick back to the Clippers.

By the way, the new mock has the Spurs taking Mitch McGary at 30. Seems like a fine Baynes replacement who could hopefully develop into a solid backup center for the post-Duncan era. I don't know much about him, but I feel that's a fine plan. I'd still prefer drafting a PG and looking for international front-court players (or McAdoo) in the second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

By the way, the new mock has the Spurs taking Mitch McGary at 30. Seems like a fine Baynes replacement who could hopefully develop into a solid backup center for the post-Duncan era. I don't know much about him, but I feel that's a fine plan. I'd still prefer drafting a PG and looking for international front-court players (or McAdoo) in the second.
    McGary seems too risky because of his injury history. He had a great tourney run a couple years ago, but he hasn't really shown the consistency to be a reliable pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McGary seems too risky because of his injury history. He had a great tourney run a couple years ago, but he hasn't really shown the consistency to be a reliable pick.
    at #30 I would gladly take mcgary, however I think he ends up back at school instead of draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm assuming he used an old template for the mock or something similarly accidental. Or he's trying to torment you.

If they can find a decent center at 30, that would be great, NCAA or international. That's definitely my hope. It's such a low pick though, just finding any player good enough to play in the NBA would be a win.

I think I remember Bruno saying that teams use a tier system when they approach the draft. If a player is in a higher tier than other available players, they go with that player regardless of need. It's only when players are in the same tier that position is taken into account. I'm sure it's not a hard and fast rule, even when teams do use that method.

I think I'd only want a draft and stash PG at 30. I don't think they've given up on Joseph and he's only 22. Even if they aren't able to re-sign Mills, I think a vet PG makes more sense for next year in case Joseph flames out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm assuming he used an old template for the mock or something similarly accidental. Or he's trying to torment you.

If they can find a decent center at 30, that would be great, NCAA or international. That's definitely my hope. It's such a low pick though, just finding any player good enough to play in the NBA would be a win.

I think I remember Bruno saying that teams use a tier system when they approach the draft. If a player is in a higher tier than other available players, they go with that player regardless of need. It's only when players are in the same tier that position is taken into account. I'm sure it's not a hard and fast rule, even when teams do use that method.

I think I'd only want a draft and stash PG at 30. I don't think they've given up on Joseph and he's only 22. Even if they aren't able to re-sign Mills, I think a vet PG makes more sense for next year in case Joseph flames out.
    Well the advantage of a big PG like Micic is that he can play multiple positions. So if the team were to sign a vet backup PG, then Micic could be depth at both guard spots. I don't think the Spurs will sign a vet backup, though, even if Mills leaves. I think they would have tried to do so this season if they were going to, as they had no idea Mills was going to be as good as he has been. With Ginobili and Beli in the fold for the next season, I think the team will be fine with defender like Joseph. I wouldn't be surprised to see a PG depth chart of Parker, Joseph, Micic and Denmon next season, or maybe I would just prefer it.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you trade all 3 picks for a #25 pick next year?
    Assuming the Spurs are not the best team next year...maybe they package those 2 picks (idk...#25 and #26) and get the #15 next year.
    Would you do that if possible?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Very interesting news. He should be another candidate for the 1st round pick. Great length/size (6'8/9 + 7'3 wingspan) for the SF position, French and just turns 19 this year.
    Although he seems to be a bit too similar to LJC.
    It doesn't surprise me after how well he measured out at the Hoops Summit. He didn't have the performance LJC did, but his measurables, youth and defensive potential make him a definite possibility.

I'd put the early odds on him being the first round pick for the Spurs...foreign, young developmental project and teammate of LJC.

I also think LJC is a PF long-term, while Inglis' future is at SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you trade all 3 picks for a #25 pick next year?
    Assuming the Spurs are not the best team next year...maybe they package those 2 picks (idk...#25 and #26) and get the #15 next year.
    Would you do that if possible?
    Huh? You can't predict who will have the 25th pick in 2015 yet.

Even if I could, I wouldn't. This is a deep draft class, and the 30th pick this season is worth about what the 25th pick is next year, and that doesn't even account for having to wait a whole year. Then you factor in two seconds which may yield some value eventually. I wouldn't. I can't say if I'd trade the 2015 25th and 26th picks for the 2015 15th pick yet, because I have no idea how the draft board for next year will break down.

Thread Information