Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? You can't predict who will have the 25th pick in 2015 yet.

Even if I could, I wouldn't. This is a deep draft class, and the 30th pick this season is worth about what the 25th pick is next year, and that doesn't even account for having to wait a whole year. Then you factor in two seconds which may yield some value eventually. I wouldn't. I can't say if I'd trade the 2015 25th and 26th picks for the 2015 15th pick yet, because I have no idea how the draft board for next year will break down.
    The reasoning behind my scenario, is that next year draft is key for the Spurs, otherwise they end up being mediocre until they tank for a lottery pick...or...trade up in the draft starting NOW. Maybe TD and MG get injured next year and the Spurs get the #15 pick regardless.
    Also, the talent increases exponentially in the draft, the difference between a #30 and a #20 is not equal to the difference between #10 and #1 pick.
    Just a thought...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #25 pick is not going to help the spurs much more than #30 pick. Now moving a player Like green (ala george hill) to move up to 15-20 may be an option since next season will be the last yr in his contract but moving picks for other picks just dont seem like a good option to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an headache to try to find the best way to handle the end of the Duncan era... The answer will probably be a mix of draft and FA... Maybe the FA will be someone gettable/somewhat under the radar like a Stephenson while the draft is the best way to get the next big (Capela?)...

Wouldn't rule out a big trade with the Suns who need both a wing and a center (Green and Splitter)... The Spurs draft Capela and free some cap space to sign Stephenson...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway the closer we get to the end of the Duncan era, the more likely they are to take a chance and make a significant move...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an headache to try to find the best way to handle the end of the Duncan era... The answer will probably be a mix of draft and FA... Maybe the FA will be someone gettable/somewhat under the radar like a Stephenson while the draft is the best way to get the next big (Capela?)...

Wouldn't rule out a big trade with the Suns who need both a wing and a center (Green and Splitter)... The Spurs draft Capela and free some cap space to sign Stephenson...
    We aren't signing Stephenson under any cir stances. Even if we had the cap space, the spurs don't need another wing in the post Duncan era, we need a defensive big man.

Spurs need to go all out for Marc Gasol, I think he's attainable, perfect fit and we'll have cap space to sign him while keeping our important role players next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway the closer we get to the end of the Duncan era, the more likely they are to take a chance and make a significant move...
    I think the opposite. We have Kawhi for likely 6 more years and Parker should retire a Spur. Rushing in to a bad contract (like $65m/5yr for Stephenson) would hamstring us horribly. RC and Pop won't rush in to a bad contract just because Timmy is retiring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about rushing, it's about seizing the best opportunities... Everyone seems to have tunnel vision on Gasol (when we have zero Spanish player on the team), Aldridge who said he'd like to play in a big market when he almost forced an exit with Portland and Love who already pledged loyalty to the Lakers...

The point is getting a young guard may turn out to be the best plan of action... Instead of chasing impossible signings and setting ourselves up for failure...

Why would Aldridge leave a great young guard like Lillard to play in another small market with a tosb like TP... Maybe you have to take it one step at a time and get the young guard of the future first...
    Last edited by Baam; 04-21-2014 at 02:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wouldn't trade Splitter for Capela straight-up. No way I add Green to that mix. Adding Stephenson probably seals the Spurs as the worst team in the division for 2015 on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's finishing the season strong so he's probably right to do that... And if he does stay in the draft then that'll mean he got a great promise in the meantime...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the advantage of a big PG like Micic is that he can play multiple positions. So if the team were to sign a vet backup PG, then Micic could be depth at both guard spots. I don't think the Spurs will sign a vet backup, though, even if Mills leaves. I think they would have tried to do so this season if they were going to, as they had no idea Mills was going to be as good as he has been. With Ginobili and Beli in the fold for the next season, I think the team will be fine with defender like Joseph. I wouldn't be surprised to see a PG depth chart of Parker, Joseph, Micic and Denmon next season, or maybe I would just prefer it.
    Would definitely rather see them draft a guard that can play either position than another PG only. That's why I liked the idea of De Colo (his actual play was another story).

It doesn't surprise me after how well he measured out at the Hoops Summit.
    DX has his Hoop Summit weight at 240

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephenson is incredible, 5 triple doubles this season, he's just starting to get it together, make him work with Chip on his shot and you have a monster in the making... Lol at Stephenson making any team worse than they are, on the other hand that's what Splitter did in the Finals...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about rushing, it's about seizing the best opportunities... Everyone seems to have tunnel vision on Gasol (when we have zero Spanish player on the team), Aldridge who said he'd like to play in a big market when he almost forced an exit with Portland and Love who already pledged loyalty to the Lakers...

The point is getting a young guard may turn out to be the best plan of action... Instead of chasing impossible signings and setting ourselves up for failure...

Why would Aldridge leave a great young guard like Lillard to play in another small market with a tosb like TP... Maybe you have to take it one step at a time and get the young guard of the future first...
    Aldridge will be 30. He won't be looking for a young guard to growth with. He'll be looking for the best supporting cast he can get. If Portland doesn't make tangible progress soon, the Spurs will look be the more attractive location. Proven role-players, a former fMVP sidekick and the best third wheel this side of Miami. Not to mention a HoF head coach. Not saying LA would be guaranteed to choose the Spurs over Portland, but I am saying it wouldn't be hard to figure out his reasoning if he did.

What does the Spurs lack of Spanish players have to do with anything? There aren't many Spaniards in the league. If anything, Gasol would feel more comfortable with his front-court mate also speaking Spanish in Splitter. I'm not a huge Gasol fan anyway, but I don't think that's an impossible signing. What I do think is an impossible signing is Stephenson. I'd rather the team try to pry Hayward from Utah for the max than even throw the MLE at Lance, and I don't want Hayward at all.
    Last edited by Chinook; 04-21-2014 at 03:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephenson is incredible, 5 triple doubles this season, he's just starting to get it together, make him work with Chip on his shot and you have a monster in the making... Lol at Stephenson making any team worse than they are, on the other hand that's what Splitter did in the Finals...
    Lance was terrible in the playoffs last year outside of two games where he shot a freakishly high FG% (for him). He's barely a plus player when you look at advanced stats. He was pretty much Green's equal after the All-Star break this season. I don't know where you're getting this idea that he's great or even worth the baggage he brings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's arguably the best Pacers at this point... And he completely took Wade out of the series in the ECF...

He can pass, defend, rebound and dribble... Pretty much everything... That's what I like...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX has his Hoop Summit weight at 240
    From the article on player measurements...

-Inglis looks like a grown man at first glance, and the 18 year old Frenchman lives up to that impression on paper. No small forward in our database that weighs 240 pounds or more has a wingspan on par with Inglis's. His closest match physically may beLeBron James, who stood 6'8 in shoes and weighed 245 pounds with a 7'0.25" wingspan before the 2003 draft. Inglis's wingspan is the same as that ofRudy GayandKawhi Leonard. The young small forward is a unique physical specimen.
    From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2zYUPm5qS
    http://www.draftexpress.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's arguably the best Pacers at this point... And he completely took Wade out of the series in the ECF...

He can pass, defend, rebound and dribble... That's what I like...
    Yeah, he's arguably the best player on a team that has a 16-15 record since the All-Star break. He's the best player on a team that was drubbed by the Hawks two games in a row. You don't see anything wrong with that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure it's a concern but Hibbert's meltdown is so brutal it's hard to draw any conclusion...

Interesting stuff on Inglis...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, back on topic. Inglis is interesting. If the Spurs think he has real potential, they shouldn't worry that they have so many wings in the pipeline already. But I just don't see him making sense unless the draft breaks down in the worst way for the Spurs. I can totally see Philly taking him at the top of the second, though. They have plenty of picks to burn on players like this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks good but they have him playing PF which he won't make it in the NBA....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Inglis looks like a grown man at first glance, and the 18 year old Frenchman lives up to that impression on paper. No small forward in our database that weighs 240 pounds or more has a wingspan on par with Inglis's. His closest match physically may beLeBron James, who stood 6'8 in shoes and weighed 245 pounds with a 7'0.25" wingspan before the 2003 draft. Inglis's wingspan is the same as that of Rudy Gay and Kawhi Leonard. The young small forward is a unique physical specimen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Inglis even draft eligible this year? He's still only 18.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks good but they have him playing PF which he won't make it in the NBA....
    You think? He's 6'9" 240.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Inglis even draft eligible this year? He's still only 18.
    Draft picks have to turn 19 during the calendar year of the draft to be eligible. He'll be 19 in May.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has inglis declared?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has inglis declared?
    [QUOTE=jyra;7258177]

Thread Information