Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I see it, the Spurs are going to sign at least one big in free agency. There's just too many good ones out there. That's not true for guards, though. The Spurs also shouldn't spend a lot of money on a guard, since they'll be paying Green and Leonard next summer. It makes sense to draft one, or to sign and develop one like Franklin. I think the idea of getting a combo-guard (in a good way) makes a ton of sense for the 2015 Spurs' bench. They'll have two PFs coming over, so that position's covered. Anderson can play the two if he has to, but no one should want that. They'll need a center, but that'll be taken care of with cap space, or by re-signing Baynes with the room exception.

I'm okay with drafting a big, though, especially if they can get Franklin on the team in March. Jaiteh just has one of the coolest-sounding names out there.
    I'd love a drafted big(Jaiteh or Long), Franklin, and Mal Thomas, who apparently only signed for one year in Philly, to replace the players who will roll off. I'm not bullish on Baynes, and I'm not sure the Spurs are, either. They paid him more to only play one year, and if they really wanted the leanest cap sheet for next summer, that's not the way to do it, unless they plan to renounce. His figure would have been lower if they did a multi year deal at the QO than paying him more for one year. I think all of the 'AY' boys (Baynes, Ayres, Daye) are on the bubble, and Bonner is almost for sure gone. It's my position that this will also be the last year for Tim and Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love a drafted big(Jaiteh or Long), Franklin, and Mal Thomas, who apparently only signed for one year in Philly, to replace the players who will roll off. I'm not bullish on Baynes, and I'm not sure the Spurs are, either. They paid him more to only play one year, and if they really wanted the leanest cap sheet for next summer, that's not the way to do it, unless they plan to renounce. His figure would have been lower if they did a multi year deal at the QO than paying him more for one year. I think all of the 'AY' boys (Baynes, Ayres, Daye) are on the bubble, and Bonner is almost for sure gone. It's my position that this will also be the last year for Tim and Manu.
    All those departures signal to me that the Spurs will go hard for a starting-caliber big in free agency. I'd think PF would be their prime target, but even another center would be good if it's a good enough player to lock down the bench. After that, there are a few rMLE options like Baynes and Seraphin to play that third-center/fifth-big spot. If the Spurs want a strong vet guard to replace Manu, they'll have to trade for one, I think. And that's just wasting assets, in my opinion.

It's possible that a Mills/Anderson/Bertans/LJC/Baynes bench would be pretty good, but I'd feel much better if a young play-making guard was available to shift everyone besides Mills up a position. It doesn't have to be Harrison, and it can be Franklin, but that's something the team absolutely has to target.

Baynes probably won't get tendered next season, but I think there are great odds that he's back if he plays decently. He shouldn't command more than the room exception, so the Spurs don't need to factor in his cap hold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My top 5 bigs in FA in 2015: (in order)
    1. Aldridge
    2. M. Gasol
    3 Monroe
    4. Millsap
    5. Hibbert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a big fan of bleacher report but article includes the spurs and monroe..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...refully/page/7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My top 5 bigs in FA in 2015: (in order)
    1. Aldridge
    2. M. Gasol
    3 Monroe
    4. Millsap
    5. Hibbert
    Monroe doesn't have a mid range game so would be a horrible fit next to Splitter going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really hope the spurs skip all the free agency losers. there's enough bench depth that stash cashin and good draftin can fill a good enough chunk of the void. if there is anything the free agency market can help with, i'd say it's some of the finals tested vet leadership that Timmy and Manu would take with them. , forget free agency, trade for KG right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K.J. McDaniels defensive play has been excellent this season. It's surprising he wasn't drafted until pick 32.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K.J. McDaniels defensive play has been excellent this season. It's surprising he wasn't drafted until pick 32.
    Defense always seems to be underdrafted. If he hit higher than 31% from 3 in college he likely would have been a first rounder though, lets see how his shooting holds up over 82 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    add Patrick young and jokic to the list. Florida Sr. seem to do well in the nba . could be a late round steal. also like kane .
    Young could still be a cheap young option for depth at big.

http://clipperholics.com/2015/06/25/...r-league-team/

Thread Information