Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' 2014 draft picks :
    Spurs First round pick
    Spurs second round pick
    Clippers second round pick (top 55 protected)

Players available for the 2014 draft :
    International players born in 1992 and college senior are automatically eligible.
    College underclassmen and international players born in 93, 94 or 95 can enter in the draft.

Key dates :
    April 12 : Nike Hoop Summit in Portland.
    April 15? : Early entry withdrawal deadline to keep NCAA eligibility.
    April 16 - April 19 : Portsmouth invitational tournament.
    April 28 : Early entry eligibility deadline, teams can start workouts with them.
    May 20 : Draft Lottery.
    June 4? - June 6? : Draft combine in Chicago.
    June 7? - June 9? : Adidas Eurocamp in Treviso.
    June 16 : Early entry withdrawal deadline.
    June 26 : NBA Draft in NY.

Links :
    Draftexpress
    Nbadraft
    A blog on European prospects
    Espn draft page
    Wiki on the lottery
    Future draft picks
    NCAA players stats
    Euroleague players stats
    Last edited by Bruno; 11-16-2013 at 03:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "Future Draft Picks" link is dead. Here's a working one:

http://www1.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

Thanks for doing this. Go Clippers!

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Tuesday Chicago sessions officially opened the tanking season.
    impressive shows by Wiggins, Parker and Randle.
    little doubt, the 2014 will very likely offer 3 players who would either go #1 in most other years.
    and Aaron Gordon already made some noise as well. might join this group soon.
    usually tanking still only gives you a small chance for the big ticket. but if there are 3 or 4 waiting, chance is pretty nice to get one, if you finish bottom 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In case anyone is curious, the Spurs got the potential second round pick by trading Curtis Jerrells to the Hornets in 2010. I'd forgotten.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, if you still want a profile on a specific player, just let me know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, any interesting French players in that draft ? Have been a while I didn't follow what's going on with our youngs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, any interesting French players in that draft ? Have been a while I didn't follow what's going on with our youngs.
    Westermann, Jaiteh and Inglis are likely the 3 most interesting french draft prospects.

Edit: Westermann just tore his ACL.
    Last edited by Bruno; 11-17-2013 at 12:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westermann, Jaiteh and Inglis are likely the 3 most interesting french draft prospects.

Edit: Westermann just tore his ACL.
    Thanks Bruno, wow sucks for wsetermann

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well looking at first round probably go with SG or SF which I like .....
    Rasheed Sulaimon - SG
    Sam Dekker - SF
    Alex Poythress - SF

Second round pick was watching some vids of Ilimane Diop seems to be interesting second round material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really like brandon dawson from Michigan state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway we can find a hidden gem of a bigman?? We need Timmys replacement ASAP. Or at least someone who can play well Kawhi in 2 years or 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really like brandon dawson from Michigan state.
    dawson no but payne ya

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dunno man. i think payne has shaqtin the fool written all over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs need to draft a point-guard. Right now, they only have Cory signed for next year behind Parker. While signing one is certainly a possibility, it might make more sense to save cap space by locking in one for a few years cheaply. What do people think of Vasiljie Micic? He's slated as the 31st-overall prospect on nbadraft.net.

They may also go center to replace Baynes. I'd think small-forward would be least likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs need to draft a point-guard. Right now, they only have Cory signed for next year behind Parker. While signing one is certainly a possibility, it might make more sense to save cap space by locking in one for a few years cheaply. What do people think of Vasiljie Micic? He's slated as the 31st-overall prospect on nbadraft.net.

They may also go center to replace Baynes. I'd think small-forward would be least likely.
    Yeah small forward since extremely unlikely with Bertans and Livio about to make the jump in the next two years, especially Livio, drafting a SF in the first round two years in a row would seem weird...

About drafting a point guard, it doesn't seems like a bad idea, my first reaction was against it but it's true that the logjam is about to end... Why not.

I don't really like the value of that pick bar none, I'd trade it (to move up or in a deal for a player).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they could get a decent center. Jaiteh seems too raw, will probably reminds Pop too much of Mahimi...

Interesting guy : http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jusuf-Nurkic-7118/

The problem is that bigs can rise quickly like Steven Adams and last year they could have easily moved up to get Gobert and didn't so I don't really know what their strategy is...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a lot of bigs in this draft not like last year as far as Jaiteh he is a long term project at best. As far as PG CoJo has sucked so bad that he reminds me of his first year when he couldn't dribble the ball without looking like a hunchback from ND. Mills has stolen the second string position from the start of camp and would not mind having him back.

We have two Livio and Bertrans at SF/PF so probably the best fit and player would be a SG.a player who has Spurs written all over him is.Rasheed Sulaimon

Nice Find "Baam" I watched the vid and like this kid he is a combination of Splitter and Baynes in that he has that gay hook shot but he makes them and he looks like he likes to play physical like Baynes. I like the fact that he is a good rebounder and that he has quick feet things that will translate into a good NBA player.
    Last edited by BackHome; 11-20-2013 at 08:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have needs at every position, in the near future (one or two years) and in the long run, so they can draft whatever position offers the most talent. (what they would have done anyway). so I wouldn't be surprised if they pick a position that is already covered well, say SG. but if there is a player, who has Spurs material written all over hin, say for example Sulaimon or Dinwiddie (if they leave school in 2014, they might be in the Spurs drafting reach) I see the Spurs draft this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw. what do you guys think about that San Antonio kid Jordan Clarkson?
    quite promising start of the season for Missouri after he sat out the last season. with DeColo likely gone 2014, a player like him could take this spot and might provide what DeColo couldn't.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Im missing something, but assuming I dont.

Scenario 1:
    Philadelphia goes to the POs. (Miami gets their 1st round pick)
    New Orleans gets lucky with a Top 5 pick.
    PHI has no picks in the 1st round.

Scenario 2:
    Philadelphia doenst go the POs.
    New Orleans doesnt get a top 5 pick.
    PHI has 2 lottery picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players that I like (and somewhat realistic targets) :

Around 15 - Saric (if they move up)
    Bottom of the first round - Hairston/Nurkic
    Early second round - Jaiteh
    Bottom of the second - dont really care tbh even tho the Spurs could have two picks there

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well any player we pick will probably have to want to play in Europe as they won't be able to make the team right away. So looking at some centers that are probably OK not coming over right away would be.

Center:
    Rasmus Larsen - 7'0 - 235pds "Could play PF with Splitter at Center - think of a taller more athletic Bonner.."
    Jusuf nurkic - 6"11 - 280pds "Think of combination of Baynes and Splitter"
    Last edited by BackHome; 11-26-2013 at 08:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft class has so many possibilities. It really could depend on who stays in school. Players that would normally go 10-15 could be available in the 20's. The athletism is off the charts this season. I really love the odds of at least adding a really nice complimentary piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have needs at every position, in the near future (one or two years) and in the long run, so they can draft whatever position offers the most talent. (what they would have done anyway). so I wouldn't be surprised if they pick a position that is already covered well, say SG. but if there is a player, who has Spurs material written all over hin, say for example Sulaimon or Dinwiddie (if they leave school in 2014, they might be in the Spurs drafting reach) I see the Spurs draft this guy.
    I agree with this premise, but I think you can reach some conclusions on more likely targets based on their current roster and long-term needs.

First, and most obvious, is the fact that the Spurs can and should lock up Kawhi for the next half-dozen years. That would seem to preclude SF from the list of needs in the short and long term. Then you have Parker, which is a bit more tricky. I personally think he's going to get an extension before he ever hits free agency that gives him a couple more years beyond his current contract in a Spurs uni. That doesn't mean they'll shy away from taking a PG, but I just think it'll be a lesser need in the short and immediate term. Finally, there's Splitter. He's signed for three more years after this one and seems to have the "Center" position locked up in the short and immediate term. Whether the Spurs FO deems him worthy of that contract after Duncan and Ginobili retire remains to be seen. That doesn't preclude the Spurs from targeting a frontcourt player, but they might not duplicate the skillset Splitter brings.

So, with that I think you can surmise they'll go best player available with a lean to off-guard and stretch 4. At this point it's too early to say who fits that profile and ends up in the Spurs' likely draft range, but my guess is that's who they target. But who knows, I'm probably wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disagree. the point that the SF spot is covered still leaves a slot for the back up SF (and a point can be made that at #26-30 it's more likley to find a solid back up player than a starter). and the other point is: never ever draft position over talent. if the best talent left on the board fit a need: perfect. if not, you still take the talent. (or who you think offers more talent). I can remember discussions around the Pacers fans and commentators, when they picked Paul George in 2010, because he played the one position the Pacers thought is best covered for years to come with Danny Granger. (and the Pacers had needs at PG and for front court and the 2010 draft offered promising players for both departments). well, this pick might turn out as the best move in the Pacers history. talent over need. always. ever.

Thread Information