Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast
    Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Pop getting another team to waste their pick?
    I don't think Spurs(or any team) liking Capela should be a shock. Both the scouting on attributes(athleticism, length etc) and stats based predictions (Pelton WARP, WoW) love him. I'd take him before basically anyone ranked 10th or below. Wanting him to be at 30 isn't a shock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spencer Dinwiddie is one to keep an eye on. Probably should be a 1st round pick, has good height for his position, is a smart guy, seems to be a smart player, and could be a super-efficient scorer off the bench.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Spurs(or any team) liking Capela should be a shock. Both the scouting on attributes(athleticism, length etc) and stats based predictions (Pelton WARP, WoW) love him. I'd take him before basically anyone ranked 10th or below. Wanting him to be at 30 isn't a shock.
    For stats consensus model at Basketball Insiders, Capela is #1.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...YxA/edit#gid=0

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For stats consensus model at Basketball Insiders, Capela is #1.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...YxA/edit#gid=0
    Hmm, interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the idea of spending 2 1st round picks in a row to get forward tweeners. He played most of his time in college as a PF, a 6'7 PF.

He is not quick laterally and he is bellow average as a perimeter defender. He couldn't defend wings well in college and I definitely don't see him doing it in the NBA. Lacks ball-handling skills and struggles to create in the perimeter.

What do you like about him ?
    Honestly I know nohing about him, haven't been following draft prospects much this season. That's why I asked, just to hear an opinion. My pick was a plain guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs worked out Joe Harris, look for him at 58 or 60 to go to Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know if Early will last to 30, but I like him. Glenn Robinson, III is a favorite of mine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know if Early will last to 30, but I like him. Glenn Robinson, III is a favorite of mine.
    We will have one of the two now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joining the bandwagon on the description (I saw on twitter) of Kyle Anderson out of UCLA being similar to Boris Diaw. Seems to have good passing/handles for his size.

+1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will have one of the two now.
    and yet, they didn't. Kyle Anderson lasted longer than I thought, though. I can live with this pick. The kid is pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was wrong on Bogdan, too. Anderson slide is just as good of news. Go spurs go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: Anderson

I think draftexpress is crazy to have him at 55. I think he'll go well above that.
    Unless he has some sort of break out, he likely IS a late second rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jay Bilas had Anderson rated as the 24th best talent on his pre-draft board. He had Cleanthony Early rated at 22. Spurs did well and Knicks likely got a steal. I'm sad about the Heat getting Shabazz, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overall I am happy with the draft

SA got a talented guy that they didn't expect would fall to them and I can't complain much about the 54th pick as it was the typical stashed Euro pick (I would be happier if it was Micic instead of Nemanja).

I would give SA a B+.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Capela said in a French interview that he had a promise from the Spurs at 30 (don't really see the point of giving him one in this case).
    Full interview : http://www.basketusa.com/news/229767...keem-olajuwon/

Wonder is they would have traded up to 27 if he fell past the Rockets... Also gotta wonder if they made an offer to Charlotte... Was hard to beat Miami's 26th pick without adding any significant asset tho since Charlotte was targeting PJ Hairston...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm happy. Had hope we might of got Bogdan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just realized out crazy it would have been had the Spurs drafted Glenn Robinson III. I was looking at the Spurs' page on Sham Sports, and I saw the team still has Robinson II's cap hold on the books. How trippy is that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Capela said in a French interview that he had a promise from the Spurs at 30 (don't really see the point of giving him one in this case).
    Full interview : http://www.basketusa.com/news/229767...keem-olajuwon/

Wonder is they would have traded up to 27 if he fell past the Rockets... Also gotta wonder if they made an offer to Charlotte... Was hard to beat Miami's 26th pick without adding any significant asset tho since Charlotte was targeting PJ Hairston...
    NOOOOOO. That makes me even more upset about Houston stealing him from us.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NOOOOOO. That makes me even more upset about Houston stealing him from us.
    If it makes you feel any better, moving up would likely have cost the Spurs Kyle Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it makes you feel any better, moving up would likely have cost the Spurs Kyle Anderson.
    If R.C. had to choose between Capela and Anderson, he probably would've chosen the former; hence, the promise. Even Woj tweeted before the draft that the Spurs were hoping Capela would fall to them at #30.

That tells me that Capela was someone that our front office really liked--even more than Anderson.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fate intervened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mam Jaiteh was on the latest TP show after a 18pts in 23min game, he said that he'd like to enter the next draft, definitely on the Spurs shortlist imo. It's still super early but I cant help being very interested in Aaron Harrison, I know that he benefited from extra hype and everything but he's still a baller.

Edit : meant to post that in the Draft thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mam Jaiteh was on the latest TP show after a 18pts in 23min game, he said that he'd like to enter the next draft, definitely on the Spurs shortlist imo. It's still super early but I cant help being very interested in Aaron Harrison, I know that he benefited from extra hype and everything but he's still a baller.

Edit : meant to post that in the Draft thread.
    There you go.

And I agree that Jaiteh and Harrison are good targets for the team. I'd probably want Harrison more, since two-guard is a need and there aren't many free-agent SGs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There you go.

And I agree that Jaiteh and Harrison are good targets for the team. I'd probably want Harrison more, since two-guard is a need and there aren't many free-agent SGs.
    Honestly? I'd rather have Jamaal Franklin than both Harrison twins. With Bonner, Ayres, and Baynes all FAs, I'd also dispute that SG is our position of need. Jaiteh is an interesting option, but you also need to take a look at Shawn Long. He was at LA Lafayette with Elfrid Payton last year. He's 6'10" 255 with a 7'0" wingspan. He both shot 40% on 2.4 attempted 3s per game, and blocked 2.7 shots per game. DX has him at 36 right now, but expect that to change upwards unless he stiffs this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly? I'd rather have Jamaal Franklin than both Harrison twins. With Bonner, Ayres, and Baynes all FAs, I'd also dispute that SG is our position of need. Jaiteh is an interesting option, but you also need to take a look at Shawn Long. He was at LA Lafayette with Elfrid Payton last year. He's 6'10" 255 with a 7'0" wingspan. He both shot 40% on 2.4 attempted 3s per game, and blocked 2.7 shots per game. DX has him at 36 right now, but expect that to change upwards unless he stiffs this year.
    The way I see it, the Spurs are going to sign at least one big in free agency. There's just too many good ones out there. That's not true for guards, though. The Spurs also shouldn't spend a lot of money on a guard, since they'll be paying Green and Leonard next summer. It makes sense to draft one, or to sign and develop one like Franklin. I think the idea of getting a combo-guard (in a good way) makes a ton of sense for the 2015 Spurs' bench. They'll have two PFs coming over, so that position's covered. Anderson can play the two if he has to, but no one should want that. They'll need a center, but that'll be taken care of with cap space, or by re-signing Baynes with the room exception.

I'm okay with drafting a big, though, especially if they can get Franklin on the team in March. Jaiteh just has one of the coolest-sounding names out there.

Thread Information