Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well because the GPU is a function of the motherboard, so could the mobo that ElNono posted take the challenge head-on?
    Once I saw him talking about a motherboard that fits 4 processors I stopped reading. All you need is a motherboard with the features you want, that is capable of tri or quad even SLI. You're gonna need graphics cards that have a ton of VRAM, and the an Black's have 6 GB's of it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Once I saw him talking about a motherboard that fits 4 processors I stopped reading. All you need is a motherboard with the features you want, that is capable of tri or quad even SLI. You're gonna need graphics cards that have a ton of VRAM, and the an Black's have 6 GB's of it.
    But it's not enough to load antoniobanderasmeme.gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it's not enough to load antoniobanderasmeme.gif
    Bull , it will run antoniobanderasmeme.gif at 12K, 60FPS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only mentioned multi-CPUs because he wanted 128GB of RAM and Ivy/Sandy processors only take 32GB Max per physical processor...

I didn't ask why he wanted that much memory... I figured Venti knew what he was doing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only mentioned multi-CPUs because he wanted 128GB of RAM and Ivy/Sandy processors only take 32GB Max per physical processor...

I didn't ask why he wanted that much memory... I figured Venti knew what he was doing...
    Lol, I figured you were trolling him into selling his home for a PC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, I figured you were trolling him into selling his home for a PC
    I thought Venti was in love with MacPros? I might be confusing him with somebody else...

If you have that kind of dough to throw around, then a $500 mobo isn't going to break the bank...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Venti was in love with MacPros? I might be confusing him with somebody else...

If you have that kind of dough to throw around, then a $500 mobo isn't going to break the bank...
    Yeah, he had that 12K Mac thread a while back, but he ain't getting that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone have a recommendation for best looking PC game. I hear some people say a modded crysis 3 is as good as any le currently looks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone have a recommendation for best looking PC game. I hear some people say a modded crysis 3 is as good as any le currently looks.
    Not sure there are any Crysis 3 mods.. it looks ing amazing as is though.. here are my recommendations top to bottom

1. Skyrim with a TON of mods - a year later I am still modding this . Check the video below, this is the ENB I use, it's the . If you add me on Steam, I can help you get your mods started.
    2. Crysis 3
    3. Arma 3
    4. BF4
    5. Metro Last Light
    6. Tomb Raider
    7. The Witcher 2 (should be able to run with ubersampling on)
    8. Far Cry 3
    9. Splinter Cell Blacklist

I actually had a friend pick the parts and build it for me, since I know all about computers. I just gave him a budget to work with. I wanted him to future proof it, but, I can't say with absolute certainty that the money was allocated correctly.
    No such thing as future proofing, but your rig is god damn near it. You will be good for at least 5 years before games start pushing it, IMO. Are those 780's 3GB versions? That might be your only issue if you start pushing higher resolutions.

Last edited by DJR210; 04-21-2014 at 05:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If these screen shots are accurate, it looks pretty incredible. http://imgur.com/gallery/CT8ZX

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure there are any Crysis 3 mods.. it looks ing amazing as is though.. here are my recommendations top to bottom

1. Skyrim with a TON of mods - a year later I am still modding this . Check the video below, this is the ENB I use, it's the . If you add me on Steam, I can help you get your mods started.
    2. Crysis 3
    3. Arma 3
    4. BF4
    5. Metro Last Light
    6. Tomb Raider
    7. The Witcher 2 (should be able to run with ubersampling on)
    8. Far Cry 3
    9. Splinter Cell Blacklist

No such thing as future proofing, but your rig is god damn near it. You will be good for at least 5 years before games start pushing it, IMO. Are those 780's 3GB versions? That might be your only issue if you start pushing higher resolutions.

lists the specs of a machine to play all out max settings or a machine to play on 4k tv

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lists the specs of a machine to play all out max settings or a machine to play on 4k tv
    It depends on your definition of max settings, and the framerate you prefer to play at. I personally am spoiled at 60 FPS or better, and can't stand the choppiness of anything less than 60 FPS. Also, anti-aliasing is a huge performance hit, and sometimes isn't worth it. So assuming max settings means AA in it's highest setting..

Max settings at 1080p locked in at 60 FPS or better can be achieved currently on like 98% of current games with a current quad core i5 or better, or the AMD equivalent and a 780/780Ti or AMD equivalent.

I have a 2GB GTX 680 (overclocked) and 3570k (overclocked to 4.5 Ghz) and I run all games at 60 FPS / 1080p, and the only setting I may ever have to turn down to ahcieve that is AA. I am unable to completely max out games like Assassin's Creed 4 (unoptimzed POS though), Tomb Raider (TressFX is a ing huge resource hog for realistic hair physics), Far Cry to name a few. On a 23" monitor, AA is not as important so I just adjust to get 60 FPS.

Here are some 4K benchmarks for you to take a look at. One thing to keep in mind is the tester used anti-aliasing, which is pointless considering 4K resolution is so damn high to begin with.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/un...arks-idnum175/

Also.. you get Reaper of Shadows?
    Last edited by DJR210; 04-22-2014 at 04:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If these screen shots are accurate, it looks pretty incredible. http://imgur.com/gallery/CT8ZX
    Yeah, those pics are ing unbelievable. For the record the FPS that guy was getting was in the low teens or less, that lush grass and trees mod combined with an ENB mod is a killer to the framerates. They are beautiful to look at though. At this age I don't have the attention span to play for very long, but when a game is that good to look at, it really keeps me engaged. I have some sick screenshots I've taken too (minus lush grash and trees)..

Last edited by DJR210; 04-22-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to have 30 tabs of Spurstalk open at a time, all with page upon page of loltikas and cryikas with each version of Hitler, 10 hours playing simltaneuously

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on your definition of max settings, and the framerate you prefer to play at. I personally am spoiled at 60 FPS or better, and can't stand the choppiness of anything less than 60 FPS. Also, anti-aliasing is a huge performance hit, and sometimes isn't worth it. So assuming max settings means AA in it's highest setting..

Max settings at 1080p locked in at 60 FPS or better can be achieved currently on like 98% of current games with a current quad core i5 or better, or the AMD equivalent and a 780/780Ti or AMD equivalent.

I have a 2GB GTX 680 (overclocked) and 3570k (overclocked to 4.5 Ghz) and I run all games at 60 FPS / 1080p, and the only setting I may ever have to turn down to ahcieve that is AA. I am unable to completely max out games like Assassin's Creed 4 (unoptimzed POS though), Tomb Raider (TressFX is a ing huge resource hog for realistic hair physics), Far Cry to name a few. On a 23" monitor, AA is not as important so I just adjust to get 60 FPS.

Here are some 4K benchmarks for you to take a look at. One thing to keep in mind is the tester used anti-aliasing, which is pointless considering 4K resolution is so damn high to begin with.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/un...arks-idnum175/

Also.. you get Reaper of Shadows?
    yeh i did, whats ur battlenet tag, i add you clown....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeh i did, whats ur battlenet tag, i add you clown....
    @ clown

There you go, peasant - Fuhktup#1143. Looking forward to your crappy Australian internet lagging up my games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ clown

There you go, peasant - Fuhktup#1143. Looking forward to your crappy Australian internet lagging up my games.
    blizz has aussie servers now, problem is the fkn chinese/asian monkeys dont wanan play on their asian servers, so they jump onto the aussie servers, nothing beats playin in public game with these free loaders who dont know what they are doing but carrying elite gear due to coatriding to bounties and , fkn piss me off...

looking at ur d3 characters names...u chinese kent hahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blizz has aussie servers now, problem is the fkn chinese/asian monkeys dont wanan play on their asian servers, so they jump onto the aussie servers, nothing beats playin in public game with these free loaders who dont know what they are doing but carrying elite gear due to coatriding to bounties and , fkn piss me off...

looking at ur d3 characters names...u chinese kent hahaha

Yeah, I tried to give em the stupidest names I could think of at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Build:

CPU: i5 2500k
    RAM: 16GB RAM
    HDD: 128 GB Crucial M4, 2x 1TB HDD
    GPU: 2x SLI GTX 670
    Monitor: Viewsonic 1080p Monitor
    Case: HAF 932 Advanced
    Mobo: P8P67 Pro
    PSU: Seasonic 750 Gold Cert.

Peripherals:
    Mouse: G400s
    Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Pro

Will probably get the Phantek Ethnoo Pro Mid Tower when it comes out:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Build:

CPU: i5 2500k
    RAM: 16GB RAM
    HDD: 128 GB Crucial M4, 2x 1TB HDD
    GPU: 2x SLI GTX 670
    Monitor: Viewsonic 1080p Monitor
    Case: HAF 932 Advanced
    Mobo: P8P67 Pro
    PSU: Seasonic 750 Gold Cert.

Peripherals:
    Mouse: G400s
    Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Pro

Will probably get the Phantek Ethnoo Pro Mid Tower when it comes out:
    Nice build. I have the HAF 932 as well, but with blue LED's. Keeps temps cool as .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Here's my studio rig. Dell Inspiron 23" all in one touchscreen. Quad core i5 @ 2.75....16 gigs ram, 1 tb 7200 drive. 23" control surface ftw.

Absolutely flies thru a mix. A 24 track mix with various plugins used to take 3+minutes to render. This will knock it out in 30-45 seconds.
    Last edited by TeyshaBlue; 06-02-2014 at 11:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My current setup until I upgrade my main box to get ready for Star Citizen. Probably will happen in about 6-8 months. Unfortunately the turtle prevents my monitor from being flush, but new place, so I don't have a table for him to rest on yet.

CoolerMaster Elite 120 Case
    Ivy bridge 3.4 dual core
    8 gb ripjaws 1666mhz ram
    128gb SSD
    1.5 TB Portable HDD USB 3.0
    2 TB internal 7200rpm 64mb cache HDD
    AMD 2GB 7850 GPU

The entire case loaded down weighs just over 15 pounds. Crazy portable.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 06-03-2014 at 12:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My current setup until I upgrade my main box to get ready for Star Citizen. Probably will happen in about 6-8 months. Unfortunately the turtle prevents my monitor from being flush, but new place, so I don't have a table for him to rest on yet.

CoolerMaster Elite 120 Case
    Ivy bridge 3.4 dual core
    8 gb ripjaws 1666mhz ram
    128gb SSD
    1.5 TB Portable HDD USB 3.0
    2 TB internal 7200rpm 64mb cache HDD
    AMD 2GB 7850 GPU

The entire case loaded down weighs just over 15 pounds. Crazy portable.
    I got that keyboard too. Don't think I can go back to a non-mechanical keyboard again. Just so nice :p

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks dude yeah I love the HAF 932. The industrial look and the functionality of the case was one of the best at the time. Can't wait to get Phantek Enthoo Pro though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got a second 6950 for free from a friend who was upgrading his rig.

Running metro 2033 on max on my mid-atx now. Insanity. That game looks and plays amazing... Need to buy Last Light.

Thread Information