Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Post Count
    LSU's going to the Cotton Bowl.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    No Missouri would get in over Bama. Bama needs Florida St and Ohio State to lose. They needed Missouri to lose tonight.
    Right, that would make sense.

There's still silly scenarios that could happen like OU in 03 getting in the NC game after losing conference le game to K State

Thank the Lord! I hate Bama.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    What a ing game. Easily one of the craziest things I've ever seen in a game (same I said about the Georgia game). Truly a team of destiny...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    rofl I love the fatty OSU player who got ejected and then threw a tantrum. That was gold

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    well im happy...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Talking about OSU this year, I agree they aren't deserving of a BCS le shot, but if a SEC winner jumps them, the the system truly sucks.

Historically speaking 2002 OSU beat a very salty Miami team, so we can give them props. Also I'd rank 2005 Ohio state as one of the best and in most years would have won the MNC but they just happen to peak at the same time Texas have Vince and USC had Bush and Leinart.

FSU is the truth, I don't care who you put in front of them, they are going to curb stop them.

Post Count
    Talking about OSU this year, I agree they aren't deserving of a BCS le shot, but if a SEC winner jumps them, the the system truly sucks.

Historically speaking 2002 OSU beat a very salty Miami team, so we can give them props. Also I'd rank 2005 Ohio state as one of the best and in most years would have won the MNC but they just happen to peak at the same time Texas have Vince and USC had Bush and Leinart.

FSU is the truth, I don't care who you put in front of them, they are going to curb stop them.
    That 2005 OSU team also lost at Penn State which was an 11 win team but lost to a weak FSU squad.

The problem with this OSU team is the lack of quality wins and also close wins against average opponents. Beating Michigan State will be a quality win, but right now Auburn has a more impressive resume.

I felt the 2011 Okie State squad had a more impressive resume than Alabama.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    i hate y comments like these. like anybody knows for certain what will happen in one game. pretty sure people were saying the same TING about 2005 USC amirite?

gy opinion + certainty =

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Cal Bears
    Post Count
    if ohio st makes the ncg, fsu deserves an asterisk

they are never a threat. I would never be concerned to play Ohio State ever.

Son, Damn I'm completely right there with you. I love to hate Ohio St pussies. You are correct in that they are NEVER a threat. I have no qualms admitting I love the SEC and believe our second rate teams in the SEC would beast on Ohio St. I was pissed that Michigan couldn't finish the job yesterday. What a Damn shame. It's a travesty that OSU won the le in 02 over the far superior Hurricanes. They had the help of the refs and luck of some key injuries. Son at this point I'm sure teams like USF, UCF and even FIU would curb stomp the out of OSU.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    It's a travesty that OSU won the le in 02 over the far superior Hurricanes.
    Something a pussy would say. That game had the most people go on to play in the NFL and Miami only had one more player than Ohio State did. Your just a typical SEC blowhard with Mark May's down your throat.

They had the help of the refs and luck of some key injuries.
    Look at all the non-calls Miami benefited from Link

Son at this point I'm sure teams like USF, UCF and even FIU would curb stomp the out of OSU.
    Sounds like you enjoy getting double teamed with ESPiN blowhards like Mark May and Finebaum. What ever floats your boat I guess.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count

FWIW Penn State did beat FSU in the Orange Bowl- barely. IIRC it was a triple-overtime game.

IMO the '05 Buckeyes were a better team than the '06 version. The '05 team had A.J. Hawk, Bobby Carpenter and Donte Whitner on defense and Santonio Holmes, Nick Mangold and Rob Sims on offense in addition to Troy Smith, Teddy Ginn, Anthony Gonzales etc. The '06 team was very young defensively and wasn't as good on the OL as the '05 team.

I think the 2002 team is actually a little underrated. That team got less than a half-dozen healthy starts out of Maurice Clarett. Had Clarett been healthy all season they would have been more dominant. Most of their close calls came with Clarett either out altogether or severely limited.

Ohio State doesn't have to apologize to anyone for their record in the BCS era. They've got a National Championship and an overall winning record (6-3) in BCS bowls, counting the vacated Sugar Bowl win over Arkansas. The only really bad loss was the game against Florida. The LSU game, they just got beat by a better team. The team that lost to LSU was not one of Tressel's better teams, imo.

My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    i hate y comments like these. like anybody knows for certain what will happen in one game. pretty sure people were saying the same TING about 2005 USC amirite?

gy opinion + certainty =

Rofl rememba when a certain st krew photoshopped certain things inside certain orfices of a certain st admin efter det game

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    Anyone rooting for an Iron Bowl rematch for the National Championship?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Anyone rooting for an Iron Bowl rematch for the National Championship?
    no.... Bama has already received too many second chances, them backing their way into another le game rematch without playing for their conference le would be nauseating, tbh....

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    What an end...nice win for symple's team!

rofl I love the fatty OSU player who got ejected and then threw a tantrum. That was gold
    And yet listen to Urbals spinning how the hard core rule of
    "fight and you will miss a game"
    has already been metted out since they were ejected in the 2nd quarter.
    Urbal math: Missing 2+ quarters of the same game you fought in = missing a game.

Urban Meyer won't suspend players
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...e-wilson-fight

"I've already met with the players involved, and the rule is very clear that if you get in a fight, you lose a game," Meyer said. "They lost a game, they didn't play from that point forward, they were ejected from the game. It's a tough penalty in a rivalry game, but it's one that I agree with."

I forgot to record. Q of imo a play just as key as others in the Alabama Choking Tides loss.
    28-21

Bout 3:30 left in game.
    3rd and 2 at AUB 17
    Chip shot field goal range even if they don't get the 1st down.
    They do a play that gets to about the 2 yard line. After the play an Auburn player shoves a Bama player in clear view of the ref. Dumbass Bama player retaliates in front of the ref so it's offsetting penalties. Meanwhile Bama gets rung up for holding.
    Q. If dumbass Bama player does not shove, what happens when its holding on Bama and unsportsmanlike conduct on Auburn?

On the missed field goal return, as the ball is in the air and also as the Auburn return man catches it, you have Bama players standing around scratching their crotches.
    Should have been spreading out and heading upfield to stop the would-be return.
    That's football 101.
    National Champs my ass.

Ditto the touchdown they gave up to tie the game.
    35 seconds left. You cannot lose by a field goal. How do you let the receiver get behind you for a touchdown?
    Sabans legacy take hit imo.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Saban's legacy is just fine.

he'll never not be up there with the all time great coaches

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Saban's legacy is just fine.

he'll never not be up there with the all time great coaches
    Put it this way.
    Would his legacy have been better if Saban had beaten Auburn, won the next two for 4 out of 5 Championships?
    So he did indeed take a "hit".
    The media hype discussing whether or not he was the best at 4 of 5 would have been beyond saturation.

As to his always being up there with the all timers, yes he has already established that i concur.
    Nonetheless, to choke off 4 separate 4th qtr plays with a 98+ percent chance of closing the win, wow.

Thread Information