My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    That's the report from CNNSi...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He'll do a waaaaay better job than Kiffin, but I think I'd want someone from outside of the family if I'm a USC fan.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dude is a BYU Alum and a protege of Norm Chow. He needs to put serious thought into who his DC will be because he knows nothing about that side of the ball.

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Ed Orgeron is unhappy with decision. I don't blame him. Take a team that was thoroughly thrashed by ASU and turn them into a 9-4 team with that ND loss that should've been a win and give him a chance to recruit and do a full year to see what he was able to do. Meh. As with the Lane Kiffin hire, I'm not too impressed with this Carroll era re-tread.

Post Count
    James Franklin from Vandy would have been better.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Not an impressive hire

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    LOL............ Petterson even turned this down. He saw it as a no win situation.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LOL............ Petterson even turned this down. He saw it as a no win situation.
    Peterson has turned down a lot of great coaching jobs, the guy has other reasons he stays a BSU that have nothing to do with football.

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    This here is Haden's one Lane Kiffin Card--if this fails, I would wish to see him jettisoned for alienating Coach O and again uprooting the players that stay' loyalties.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    I just don't get it. Sarkisian is (a more likable) Lane Kiffin 2.0

Yeah, Washington was awful when he got there, but all SS has done is raise them to the heights of mediocrity

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    I just don't get it. Sarkisian is (a more likable) Lane Kiffin 2.0

Yeah, Washington was awful when he got there, but all SS has done is raise them to the heights of mediocrity
    This. I don't know what's going on @ my alma mater as I haven't been around the campus in a while...not that I'd be privy to any inside information but I hope this works out for us to be compe ive and take our rightful place back in the PAC-12 discussion.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    This. I don't know what's going on @ my alma mater as I haven't been around the campus in a while...not that I'd be privy to any inside information but I hope this works out for us to be compe ive and take our rightful place back in the PAC-12 discussion.
    He'll recruit well, no question, but I don't know if he can coach them back to where they were, particularly defensively.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    stupid in hire. just stupid.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I know several SC fans, and every one of them is pretty pissed at this hire.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Missed this thread...

Effectively was Symple said. Lane 2.0. Not even sure he's more likeable. He's definitely a .

He'll be great as a recruiter and screw up as a coach.

Definitely a re-tread that's failed to establish his own brand, despite talent.

I understand not hiring Orgeron, but this has five year fail written all over it.

If they were going to hire away any PAC-12 coach it should have been Todd Graham, who is a of a coach, schemes very well, is a top-notch motivator, and gets the most out of talent. Give him recruiting like USC, and he'd own.

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    -Pissed. Only because it was done with haste as if there weren't time to analyze the situation and make a decision AFTER the bowl game. I don't have bad things to say very often about Mr. Haden. However, this decision was not a good one and it'll be an issue down the line.

Thread Information