Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    We are dead.

Germany: They have the most talented players that are athletes as well.
    Portugal: Ronaldo... And better at every other position
    Ghana: They already took us out. Better athletes.

Ahhh, at least I can take concentrate on all the good games as we won't be present after the group stage.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Chile could be very dangerous

South American teams are a tough matchup for Spain; they stole their win vs Paraguay in 2010, and got obliterated by Brazil in the last Confed Cup

So Spain - Chile should be interesting
    South American teams like to play with flair and flamboyance while Spain likes to put teams to sleep with their efficiency in possession. Contrasting styles, and the team that imposes their style on the game (duh) will surely win.

Banned
    My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    USA

USA going to get prison raped by the Jerrys.

USA going to get punked by Portugal

USA might lose to Ghana!

I knew USA would get ed on the draw.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Team USA has some chances.... don't forget Portugal got cucked repeatedly in the qualifiers and ended up going in at the last minute...

Veteran
    Post Count
    Chile has played spain pretty well in their last few matchups, but Chile has a tendency to crumble under the pressure of a WC with mistakes (in 2010 WC the chile keeper gifted spain a re ed goal for a recent example; IIRC if chile had tied that game they would have finished the group 1st and spain would have played brazil in the R16). Im kind of surprised everyone is announcing spain and holland as automatic favorites to advance, mainly because I think both holland and spain are not quite what they were 4 years ago, but until the WC is closer its difficult to say. But I think those three right now are not very far apart, an injury or a mistake could easily determine who advances. The problem with that group is that whoever is 2nd faces brazil in the R16; in the case of Chile that is almost an automatic loss, brazil just owns them.

i think the groups are pretty lopsided but at least argentina got a really good draw this time, especially looking ahead to quarter finals

also, I think ecuador and ghana have better chances than most here are giving them, in fact I can even see ecuador winning their group if france and switzerland split points between them.

Man... Brazil and Argentine were the biggest winners of this draw tbh...

USA, Portugal and England on the other end....

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Coaches corner

Croatia's national football team, coach Niko Kovac (L) speaks with France's national football team coach Didir deschamps (R) and Algeria's nationalń football team coach Vahid Halilhodzic (C) after the final draw of the Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup, in Costa do Sauipe, Bahia state, Brazil, on December 6, 2013.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Some interesting groups, Brasil and Argentina got lucky (at least in group stage), groups B and D are though, as is group G, groups E and H are the least interesting, group C will be interesting as it's pretty even, if not high quality.

It's way to early for any doom and gloom or celebration, a lot can still change, players get injured or suddenly get in form... i mean Portugal without Ronaldo doesn't look so though...

My predictions:
    Brazil, Cameroon
    Spain, Chile
    Colombia, Japan
    Italy, Uruguay
    Switzerland, France
    Argentina, Bosnia
    Germany, Portugal
    Belgium, Russia

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Do you get it?...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Looking a step further. If german comentators are right(and looking at 2010s system they probably are wrong), Germany is playing group H in the first elimination round and A+B+C+D not before the finals.

Thats said, avoiding Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Netherlands and Bosnien for so long doesn't sound bad and when you look at group E+F+G+H Germany and possibly Belgium are the only two powerhouses.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Looking a step further. If german comentators are right(and looking at 2010s system they probably are wrong), Germany is playing group H in the first elimination round and A+B+C+D not before the finals.

Thats said, avoiding Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Netherlands and Bosnien for so long doesn't sound bad and when you look at group E+F+G+H Germany and possibly Belgium are the only two powerhouses.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FI...Knockout_stage

It looks like they do not meet before the semis

Post Count
    USA

About to get thoroughly embarrassed; prolly gonna end up with 0 points. The nail in the coffin for soccer in the US tbh.

My Team
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Post Count
    England's group

Of course we get to play Suarez

Lets wait until we don't get past the group stages and here the typical excuses "But it was too humid and Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica are difficult teams"

Make a trade steal
    Post Count
    I would be srsly pissed if I were you

Is it a coincidence that the best African team gets groups of death?

Cote d'Ivoire in 2006 and 2010, now Ghana
    England is saying they are in the group of death and Australia is saying they are in the group of death.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Bosnia's coach missed his flight to Brazil for the WC draw and was apparently the only manager of the 32 to not be there

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Team USA has some chances.... don't forget Portugal got cucked repeatedly in the qualifiers and ended up going in at the last minute...
    This...

USA has a shot against both Portugal and Ghana...

Portugal barely beat Mexico in 2006 and they had arguably a better team than today... The current US NT squad is also more balanced than that 2006 Mexican team...

Their best bet is to ensure that Germany doesn't run the tally on them because goal difference will be key in this group...

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Bosnia's coach missed his flight to Brazil for the WC draw and was apparently the only manager of the 32 to not be there
    The Mexican NT Coach was not there either (given that he's also currently coaching Club América in the Liga MX semi-final)...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The Mexican NT Coach was not there either (given that he's also currently coaching Club América in the Liga MX semi-final)...
    ah ok

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    French journal L'Equipe posted a Switzerland, Ecuador, France and Iran group the day before the draw as a possibility.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Translation please, this is too be@nerish

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    Translation please, this is too be@nerish
    زنجي الرمال الإرهابية

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    زنجي الرمال الإرهابية
    Not surprised you know Arabic

In fact, a lot of Spanish words come from the Arab language

you are a terrorist be@ner

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Man... Brazil and Argentine were the biggest winners of this draw tbh...

USA, Portugal and England on the other end....
    Don't forget France. From the shady change of rules before the draw started to the easy group they got without being seeded and the relative easy games they could have in the round of 16 if they qualify as first.

Thread Information