Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I've been reluctant to yield this season to the notion that Duncan has regressed. Based on the look of his game it appears he has. Perhaps it's just a rough start to the season or maybe he really is showing his age. That missed layup in the first quarter tonight at Memphis really made me smh. He used to be automatic within 15 feet. Not sure what's up with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I've been reluctant to yield this season to the notion that Duncan has regressed. Based on the look of his game it appears he has. Perhaps it's just a rough start to the season or maybe he really is showing his age. That missed layup in the first quarter tonight at Memphis really made me smh. He used to be automatic within 15 feet. Not sure what's up with him.
    He looks horrible so far to say the least. He looks as bad or worse than late 011 right now. I hope he can regain it back to near what he was last year.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all in his head. The drawback to a cerebral, nice, unselfish player is that he is likely to be neurotic. The only thing wrong with Tim Duncan is his god damned weenie at ude.

He's sulking and pouting out there. It's pissing me off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I've been saying.. His mobility is still there and positioning on defense. Rebounding #'s are down, but frankly Pop made it an emphasis for other guys to rebound better and I think that's been evident. His shot will come. It's definitely mental at this point, and I'd much rather him be in a slump now then later in the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree on the last part but that so called boring offense netted them 4 les so I will take so called BORING anyday over a more exciting offense that has netted them? Defense wins, period. The Spurs were not boring either to me, during those runs they had some classic playoff series and some where they even could put up 120 points or so to match the opponent.
    Sorry, I suppose I should clarify. I was merely suggesting that the Spurs emphasis on spreading the floor has kept them relevant; the Spurs can't get away with the "dump it down low to Timmy" strategy because he's not prime, best-PF-of-all-time Timmy anymore. I love the new-and-improved defense this season (3rd or 2nd in the league in ppg allowed and opponent shooting percentage), but I have no qualms with an improved offense (with improved shooting) that keeps the pressure off the defense. I mean, the offensive droughts from 2001-2007 that lasted entire quarters... THAT was just awful to sit through. Fortunately we had a young Duncan to anchor our defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all need to take some Xanax and ride this season out. Tim will be there when it counts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I suppose I should clarify. I was merely suggesting that the Spurs emphasis on spreading the floor has kept them relevant; the Spurs can't get away with the "dump it down low to Timmy" strategy because he's not prime, best-PF-of-all-time Timmy anymore. I love the new-and-improved defense this season (3rd or 2nd in the league in ppg allowed and opponent shooting percentage), but I have no qualms with an improved offense (with improved shooting) that keeps the pressure off the defense. I mean, the offensive droughts from 2001-2007 that lasted entire quarters... THAT was just awful to sit through. Fortunately we had a young Duncan to anchor our defense.
    I hear what you are saying. Those droughts used to make me pull my hair out too! They would really GO COLD for a whole Q or so. Good post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody who dares disrespect Tim Duncan is not a true Spurs fan. Just wait for the playoffs, he isn't playing with a sense of urgency right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my thread reached three pages including Thegreatyacht threatening to call the cops..
    LMAO, link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody who dares disrespect Tim Duncan is not a true Spurs fan. Just wait for the playoffs, he isn't playing with a sense of urgency right now.
    I would hope he turns it on a little before that time but yeah I hope he seriously can play near what he was last year late. I hope he turns it on soon because we will need ALL HANDS on Deck if we are to get another le.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams are focusing on Timmeh a lot more this year. I saw him get triple teamed last night and the light bulb came on. Nobody wants to let him go off like last season. People are taking him seriously. Dude has a bruised chest and a black eye to prove it, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In not worried at all, he played well in the Season opener, and he's been recovering from injury ever since. He may have lost some confidence, but as long as they keep feeding him, he'll find his groove again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call it what you will, but if his true fans are not allowed to call him out who is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I don't get wet over players. I am a fan of the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree on the last part but that so called boring offense netted them 4 les so I will take so called BORING anyday over a more exciting offense that has netted them? Defense wins, period. The Spurs were not boring either to me, during those runs they had some classic playoff series and some where they even could put up 120 points or so to match the opponent.
    I'm going to go ahead and say, that even though the 2013 Spurs didn't win the Championship, I still consider them a Championship level team and one of the best Spurs teams I've seen. It still sucks that we let go of the Championship and gave it away (I still don't think Miami were the better overall team), but I won't discount how good last season's team was. They were a great team in my book, even if we didn't win it, they were a championship level worthy team.

I'll give Miami props for doing what they had to do and leave it at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to go ahead and say, that even though the 2013 Spurs didn't win the Championship, I still consider them a Championship level team and one of the best Spurs teams I've seen. It still sucks that we let go of the Championship and gave it away (I still don't think Miami were the better overall team), but I won't discount how good last season's team was. They were a great team in my book, even if we didn't win it, they were a championship level worthy team.

I'll give Miami props for doing what they had to do and leave it at that.
    I agree on everything you just said. That 013 team made me proud as a fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another emo-spurfan thread . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coasting, his D is still legit so i know hes still got something left in the tank.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, jumpshot is actually one of the last things to go on a player. His last year with the Lakers, Karl Malone had one of his best jump shooting season.

Tim's just in a shooting slump. If he were showing no movement on defense, but hitting his jumper - that would be a bigger concern that the vice versa that is currently taking place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another emo-spurfan thread . . .
    Your observations are so astute.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your observations are so astute.
    Yes. They are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. In reality you're a colossal .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. In reality you're a colossal .
    Why is that? Because I think you're thread is stupid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is that? Because I think you're thread is stupid?
    Because you don't know the difference between a possessive and a contraction.
    Last edited by DMC; 11-25-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Thread Information