Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both sides are having to spin this so the intransigent party's that want a continual conflict are drowned out.

Israel was just fine with Iran's path before Hassan Rouhani; Iran was suffering and giving Israel reasons to strike.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patriot John Cornyn says what all the other patriots were thinking:
    @ JohnCornyn
    Amazing what WH will do to distract attention from O-care
    9:15 PM - 23 Nov 2013 from Austin, TX, United States
    We can't have peace breaking out while Obama's record is tainted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

IRAN’S SUPREME LEADER HOPES NUKE DEAL DISTRACTS ATTENTION FROM OBAMACARE

The Supreme Leader of Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, told reporters today his nation agreed to a deal on its nuclear program in the hopes that it would distract attention from the trouble-plagued rollout of Obamacare.

“It’s true, we’ve resisted any deal on nukes for over three decades,” the Ayatollah said. “But when we saw how much trouble Obama was having with his Web site, we realized it would be uncaring of us not to try to help him out.”

The Ayatollah said he was not “overly optimistic” that signing a nuclear treaty with the West would be sufficient to distract attention from the President’s Obamacare woes, but, he added, “You never know. Every little bit helps.”

He said that he and Iran’s leaders will be putting their heads together in the days and weeks ahead to see “if there’s anything else we can do to help Obama out of this health-care mess.”

“One idea we’re tossing around is to get the Iranian people to stop chanting, ‘Death to America,’ the way they have for the past thirty-four years,” he said. “At the very least, maybe dial it back until he gets that Web site straightened out.”

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...Borowitz%20(3)

Borowitz Report: still only funny to people too stupid to understand The Onion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol World Leaders toying with people

US and Iran have been best fwiendz 4 life for a long time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    something like $100B of Iranian funds frozen outside of Iran.

And what gives any country, even Corporate Imperial America, the right to bully, dictate another countries internal actions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And what gives any country, even Corporate Imperial America, the right to bully, dictate another countries internal actions?
    manifest destiny or imminent domain or WalMart or something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When a country threatens to eventually wipe another country off the map.

So you think a deliverable nuclear weapon in the hands of the Iranians is safer than a nuke in France, England, India? How about Israel , you think they would use a nuke BEFORE one is used on them? So every country should have the right to have Nukes? Because after all, there really is no difference in the stability of different countries? We don't need monitors, mutually assured destruction has already worked with the Soviets?

And that bullying just resulted in one step forward. You think Iran would let an international organization come on site and inspect without sanctions? What brings Iran to this sit down? Why now?

Boutons... Corporate America likes open markets. You think businesses told to stop with exports to Iran really want to lose that market? Really?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Iran never threatened to wipe anyone off the map. They challenged the legitimacy of the Jewish state by saying it should not even be listed on the map. People misquoting that gets old tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...IKML_blog.html

Decide for yourself. Seems like extreme hatred and threats.
    It's hard to fathom a Nazi nitpicking about extermination and genocide of vermin.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...IKML_blog.html

Decide for yourself. Seems like extreme hatred and threats.
    It's hard to fathom a Nazi nitpicking about extermination and genocide of vermin.
    i'd stand up for israel if they were actually wrongfully under attack or threat, we must all be civilized. talk about exterminating all jews and all that are just that, nonsense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd stand up for israel if they were actually wrongfully under attack or threat, we must all be civilized. talk about exterminating all jews and all that are just that, nonsense
    He's right...Can't believe I just typed that to a m>s post.....

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a country threatens to eventually wipe another country off the map.

So you think a deliverable nuclear weapon in the hands of the Iranians is safer than a nuke in France, England, India? How about Israel , you think they would use a nuke BEFORE one is used on them? So every country should have the right to have Nukes? Because after all, there really is no difference in the stability of different countries? We don't need monitors, mutually assured destruction has already worked with the Soviets?

And that bullying just resulted in one step forward. You think Iran would let an international organization come on site and inspect without sanctions? What brings Iran to this sit down? Why now?

Boutons... Corporate America likes open markets. You think businesses told to stop with exports to Iran really want to lose that market? Really?
    Iran knows, ever their religion-crazed mullahs (similar to America's religion-crazed Christians), that a nuke on Israel would destroy Muslim shrines in Israel with the counter-attack destroying Iran.

iow, it's all mullah bull to inflame their bubbas, much like Repugs and Fox inflames their bubbas with bull and lies.

The only interest USA has in Iran is its oil and markets, NOT protecting Israel. But you're welcome to your self-deception, being inflamed by the mullah's bull just like a Irannian bubba.

Where is the equivalent, huge, urgent USA/world pressure to disarm OIL-less NK?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans Back Obama On Iran Deal

A Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Tuesday finds that Americans favor the U.S.-brokered nuclear deal with Iran — an issue on which Congress and world powers are split.

According to the poll, 44 percent of Americans support the deal reached between six world powers and Iran reached over the weekend; just 22 percent oppose the deal.

Reuters
    notes that although there is “little trust among Americans toward Iranian intentions,” Americans still hope to avoid any U.S. “military entanglements.” Even if Iran fails to honor the deal, only 20 percent of Americans surveyed in the poll want the United States to use military force against the Islamic republic; 49 percent say they would want the nation to increase sanctions, and another 31 percent believe the U.S. should continue to push for diplomacy.

An overwhelming majority of Americans — 65 percent — say that unless the country is “directly threatened,” it “should not become involved in any military action in the Middle East.” Only 21 percent disagreed.

The poll’s findings are good news for President Barack Obama, who has seen his popularity decline over the past several weeks among Americans. Though he still faces harsh criticism from both Democrats and Republicans wary of Iran, the public support for the nuclear deal — which places restrictions on Tehran’s nuclear program in exchange for lifting economic sanctions — may keep Congress from approving new sanctions that would jeopardize the deal.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/poll-ame...-on-iran-deal/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans Back Obama On Iran Deal

A Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Tuesday finds that Americans favor the U.S.-brokered nuclear deal with Iran — an issue on which Congress and world powers are split.

According to the poll, 44 percent of Americans support the deal reached between six world powers and Iran reached over the weekend; just 22 percent oppose the deal.

Reuters
    notes that although there is “little trust among Americans toward Iranian intentions,” Americans still hope to avoid any U.S. “military entanglements.” Even if Iran fails to honor the deal, only 20 percent of Americans surveyed in the poll want the United States to use military force against the Islamic republic; 49 percent say they would want the nation to increase sanctions, and another 31 percent believe the U.S. should continue to push for diplomacy.

An overwhelming majority of Americans — 65 percent — say that unless the country is “directly threatened,” it “should not become involved in any military action in the Middle East.” Only 21 percent disagreed.

The poll’s findings are good news for President Barack Obama, who has seen his popularity decline over the past several weeks among Americans. Though he still faces harsh criticism from both Democrats and Republicans wary of Iran, the public support for the nuclear deal — which places restrictions on Tehran’s nuclear program in exchange for lifting economic sanctions — may keep Congress from approving new sanctions that would jeopardize the deal.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/poll-ame...-on-iran-deal/

meanwhile, the Repugs, tea baggers, right-wing LIE machine have gone Godwin, saying the deal is worse appeasement than Munich!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the iran surpreme pizza leader has 100b under his wealth management, is that also frozen?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heroic Diplomacy: How Barack Obama Finally Earned That Peace Prize

Finally, Barack Obama may prove deserving of his Nobel Peace Prize by joining with England, France, China, Russia and Germany in negotiating an eminently sensible rapprochement with Iran on its nuclear program. Following on his pullback from war with Syria and instead, successfully negotiating the destruction of that country’s supply of chemical weapons, this is another bold step to fulfill the peacemaking promise that got him elected president in the first place.

As Obama reminded his audience at an event Monday in San Francisco, he was fulfilling the pledge from his first campaign to usher in a “new era of American leadership, one that turned the page on a decade of war.” As a candidate in 2007, he committed to engage in “aggressive personal diplomacy” with Iran’s leaders, and he has now done just that.

This is potentially an international game changer comparable to Richard Nixon’s opening to Mao’s Red China and Ronald Reagan’s overtures to Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, two examples of heroic diplomacy that combined to destroy the underpinnings of the Cold War. Those who continually call for regime change in Iran as a condition for improved relations with that country, as Obama’s critics are now doing, ignore that history.

Obama’s critics clearly prefer the murky unknown of rank speculation to the reality check of on-site inspection when it comes to preventing nuclear proliferation. How can it be a bad thing to call Iran’s bluff—if that’s what it is—on its nuclear program being designed for peaceful purposes?

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...prize_20131125

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This agreement is nothing more than the set up for the coming attack, so they can say they tried diplomacy first tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This agreement is nothing more than the set up for the coming attack, so they can say they tried diplomacy first tbh.
    I agree. An attack leading to war on Iran is inevitable, sadly.

Even if it was legit, I'd figure their would be sabotage on part of the Israelis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Persians are a people believing in peace and non-violence (unlike most countries of West Asia, or even the entire Asia), so I have absolutely no doubt that a long term harmony can be maintained between the Iranians and the Western world tbh. The US is ing owned and ruled by Zionists who have been controlling everything in the headquarter of this country, but I believe that Americans who have brains will not always believe whatever the media tells them. Israel is the only country in that region who has nuclear weapon so that other countries feel threatened. If another country (like Iran) also acquires nuclear weapon it'd only help maintain the relative peace in the middle east rather than break it imho, because the balance of military power which had been jeopardized by Israel's possession of nuclear weapon would be reachieved and enhanced with another nuke possessor in that region. But sadly, the Zionist-controlled US would never allow it to happen, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, if true (from the spiegel article posted by WH)

The Geneva deal is creating surprising new alliances. The backward-looking, theocratic Saudi monarchy and modern, pluralistic Israel have discovered mutual interests. The two countries allegedly even have coordinated attack plans, in which Israeli fighter jets would not only be allowed to fly through Saudi Arabian airspace in the event of an attack on Iranian nuclear facilities, but could also depend on logistical support from Riyadh.

Thread Information