My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    USC hiring Sark when Peterson was available

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Can't even be mad that he left, he did a lot for Boise State and stayed far longer than most so-called "experts" would have ever expected, tbh....

Boise should hire Craig Bohl from NDSU, I could see him being very similar to Petersen, and he can ditch this stupid-ass spread crap that Prince has been running....

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    USC

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Incredible hire. Becomes arguably the top coach in the conference, and with money for assistants, he should be able to build a staff that both reflects his coach 'em up philosophy and recruit at a near elite level. He left for fit. Major upgrade from Sark.

My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Btw, I'm going to be really disappointed if Coach Pete doesn't start whooping up on Oregon every year, tbh....

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Why Washington? I was under the impression this could get any job he wanted. Guess he really likes the NW tbh.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Why Washington? I was under the impression this could get any job he wanted. Guess he really likes the NW tbh.
    Maybe it's just because I'm old enough to remember them dominating the Pac-10 for long stretches, but I think U-Dub is a pretty good job, especially for a coach whose roots are in the NW.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Two decades ago Washington owned the PAC.

They aren't USC in tradition, but they are probably next on the rung.

It's actually astonishing they've been down this long.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    From 1980-1995 Washington had like eight conference les, like five Rose Bowl wins, and three National Championships (1984, 1990, 1991).

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Cal Bears
    Post Count
    damn the texans fired kubiak too late

good fit for udub, hopefully he s on usc lol

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Great hire for the Huskies. I don't think Peterson wanted to come to L.A. or maybe Haden was high when going through this process. Washington has the 2nd most National Championships so this might bring them back to challenging the Ducks and Trees for PAC 12 North supremacy. Only 3 teams in the PAC 12 have winning records over the Huskies--and they are the Trojans (no surprise), Bruins (mildly surprising), and Sun Devils (pretty surprising). The coaching in the PAC 12 looks to be interesting. LOL @ Jaguar/Golden Bear fan...

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Cal Bears
    Post Count
    Great hire for the Huskies. I don't think Peterson wanted to come to L.A. or maybe Haden was high when going through this process. Washington has the 2nd most National Championships so this might bring them back to challenging the Ducks and Trees for PAC 12 North supremacy. Only 3 teams in the PAC 12 have winning records over the Huskies--and they are the Trojans (no surprise), Bruins (mildly surprising), and Sun Devils (pretty surprising). The coaching in the PAC 12 looks to be interesting. LOL @ Jaguar/Golden Bear fan...
    that ty gimmicky offense by cal is so dumb i want a new coach, everyone transferring , jared goff is a skinny kyle boller , i give that coaching staff 2 years tops

My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    He's not good with the media, he's not the type of coach that would be good at sucking up to big boosters, and his style wouldn't work at the biggest of the big-time programs, tbh.... Washington is one of the best fits for him outside of Boise, honestly....

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Two decades ago Washington owned the PAC.

They aren't USC in tradition, but they are probably next on the rung.

It's actually astonishing they've been down this long.
    Aging facilities, Nike money pouring into Oregon and changing the balance of power in the NW and a couple of really bad coaching hires (Keith Gilbertson, Ty Willingham.) Washington is a good program historically but not a legacy program. All it takes is a few missteps to drive a program like U-Dub into the ter for an extended period.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    pretty cool gig to be in seattle and coaching U dub next to all the professional sports stadiums. there are insane recruiting advantages there if they overhaul their facilities.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wonder where Harsin is on Boise's list?

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Aging facilities, Nike money pouring into Oregon and changing the balance of power in the NW and a couple of really bad coaching hires (Keith Gilbertson, Ty Willingham.) Washington is a good program historically but not a legacy program. All it takes is a few missteps to drive a program like U-Dub into the ter for an extended period.
    Yeah, looking at squads like Nebraska and a few others, it isn't too hard to fall off the edge when an elite coach retires, despite incredible success.

The Nike money is probably the grease, though. Best of the best via Nike and everything else looks pretty pedestrian unless 1. You don't want to leave/want to come to LA, or. 2. You want elite academics at Stanford.

I think Washington can challenge Oregon. Petersen kicked their ass enough at Boise to rally confidence.

Post Count
    But I thought Boise State was home for Peterson.

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Bleymaier was the bigger loss tbh. I see Peterson going on to only slightly greater post-BSU success than previous coaches.

wouldn't mind getting Wilcox back for HC

My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    wouldn't mind getting Wilcox back for HC
    Seems this is actually going to happen, judging from all the rumors floating around, tbh....

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Great hire for U-dub. Addition by subtraction, tbh

My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Poach Pete losing one of his best recruits to Boise tonight
    Keep poaching Boise's 2-stars, Petey

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers