Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Gentlemen,

The 2013 season has concluded and I feel like we had a pretty good run for our inaugural season. However, it wasn't smooth sailing the whole time. We had trouble filling out the roster at the beginning and set a lot of at the eleventh hour. I want to avoid that next year. I'm a firm believer that a strong foundation builds you a pretty ing good house. In the old thread, we already started proposing some changes to the league. To keep it more organized, I've started this thread. So far we have discussed the following:

-2013 owners remain in league unless they willingly separate.
    -League dues raised from $25 to $100, with 7 of 12 owners already signed off.
    -Elimination of lower-tier bonus points for 100 yard games (WR/RB) and 300 yard games (QB).
    -Possible elimination of Points Per Reception concurrent to enabling of Partial Scoring (.10 per yard).
    -Creation of a secondary high stakes league with a $400 buy in. Weekly prize of $100 to the player with the highest score. Proposal of $5 added to pot for each roster transaction by any owner. 4 of 12 owners signed off at present, first bulletpoint grandfathering in 2013 owners does not apply here.
    -Floor is henceforth open to all other owners to propose stat changes and league settings.

If you have any proposals, voice them here. My role as commissioner is to keep people happy and stop people from trading Peyton Manning for Danny Woodhead and Darrius Heywar-Bey.

Post Count
    Maybe add a waitlist for those interested in joining? And throw me on there.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Maybe add a waitlist for those interested in joining? And throw me on there.
    Good idea. I know you said you wanted in when I made the season thread so you'll be the first in once somebody quits. spurraider would be second, I know he wants in too.

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    IMO Im down for keeping PPR around but maybe make it .5PPR?

Also should decide on playoff teams before the season (4 or 6). I always preferred 2 week playoffs.

Should we do away with divisions? IIRC we had a stacked division this year and a division.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Also should decide on playoff teams before the season (4 or 6). I always preferred 2 week playoffs.

Should we do away with divisions? IIRC we had a stacked division this year and a division.
    The four team playoff was a holdover from the ESPN settings. When we reduced the dues, we also changed websites. We were originally on ESPN and changed to Yahoo. Same with the divisions. I'm cool with flushing divisions and keeping six playoff teams.

Also how about a proposed payout change:

1st: SB Winner
    2nd: SB Loser
    3rd: Overall points leader for regular season. If this player also finishes 1st or 2nd, 3rd place in final standings (Loser Bowl winner) wins this amount.

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    The four team playoff was a holdover from the ESPN settings. When we reduced the dues, we also changed websites. We were originally on ESPN and changed to Yahoo. Same with the divisions. I'm cool with flushing divisions and keeping six playoff teams.

Also how about a proposed payout change:

1st: SB Winner
    2nd: SB Loser
    3rd: Overall points leader for regular season. If this player also finishes 1st or 2nd, 3rd place in final standings (Loser Bowl winner) wins this amount.
    sounds good to me

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Add me to the list next year if anyone drops out and I'll send you my ticket stub from the 2008 Colts vs Chargers game.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    IMO think we should keep PPR but just lower it to .5 PPR instead of 1.0, and fractional points should be voted on regardless (I still don't understand why there's ever conflict on whether or not 37 yards should be worth more than 30 yards).

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    IMO think we should keep PPR but just lower it to .5 PPR instead of 1.0, and fractional points should be voted on regardless (I still don't understand why there's ever conflict on whether or not 37 yards should be worth more than 30 yards).
    I'm down for .5 PPR and fractional, most seem to agree.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    seriously though, add me to the list.

pls

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    seriously though, add me to the list.

pls
    i'm sure he's got you

7/12 members of the league already agreed to re-up next year at 100... and you are #3 on the list, so you would have to hope 3 of the 5 remaining players think 100 is too rich for their blood

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Spurraider posted 1st in the other thread, then ColinB, then TSA. Here's a waitlist:

1) Spurraider21
    2) ColinB
    3) TSA

As the league winner I deem this the official waitlist. If you think you should be on it before anyone of these 3 show me the post. Other than that you'll need to send me a request to get on it.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i'm sure he's got you

7/12 members of the league already agreed to re-up next year at 100... and you are #3 on the list, so you would have to hope 3 of the 5 remaining players think 100 is too rich for their blood
    As the season gets closer people will inevitably jew out once they actually have to send the money in. I bet we get some turnover.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    inb4 the league vetoes this...

how about we do draft order like the real NFL, worst to first?*

*pending all 12 come back

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Spurraider posted 1st in the other thread, then ColinB, then TSA. Here's a waitlist:

1) Spurraider21
    2) ColinB
    3) TSA

As the league winner I deem this the official waitlist. If you think you should be on it before anyone of these 3 show me the post. Other than that you'll need to send me a request to get on it.

i've also been mentioning i want in throughout the season

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count

that would be pretty cool but idk, ive never tried something like that.

which reminds me-how does a dynasty type league work? not saying I want it, just curious tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

The real NFL allows the teams to keep their players every year. If I get to keep my team and all we do is draft rookies/players on the waiver wire, sign me up.

Otherwise, veto

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I'm for fractional points AND PPR staying 1 point. I don't think people realize how barren the RB field is...marginalizing them even more is bad news imo

I vote random drawing on this year's draft too.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    The real NFL allows the teams to keep their players every year. If I get to keep my team and all we do is draft rookies/players on the waiver wire, sign me up.

Otherwise, veto
    your player keeping logic, clown.

I now veto my own proposal.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count

i've also been mentioning i want in throughout the season
    He's right. My bad. Usually my memory is on point.

-Standard PPR is my preference, but I'm cool with 0.5 PPR

- Bonus points should be given for 4 touchdown games and 400 yard games for QBs, etc for other positions

- I'd like to see a penalty for QBs that throw at least 3 INTs, tbh..you should be punished for starting a QB that had a ty game, even if he put up big yardage and a few TDs

I also wouldn't mind a penalty system for other positions..

- Fractional points should be applied, as well as negative points

- I'm against the weekly side-bets, I'd like to only award prizes for the final standings, but I agree that 3rd place should be the points leader during the season

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i think ppr should be 0.5. fractional points would help as well. are the same rules going to apply to both the $100 and $400 leagues?

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

1) Spurraider21
    2) ColinB
    3) TSA

Duly noted. And I sincerely thank you for the consideration.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i think ppr should be 0.5. fractional points would help as well. are the same rules going to apply to both the $100 and $400 leagues?
    This is for the $100 league as far as I know. If there is a $400 league I'm not in it. $400 is too much for me to wager on fantasy football.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    so it's just double d and myself so far?

Thread Information