Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's how a witness described the details of the alleged incident to the Sporting News:
    “People (who could see it better) said the guy got out of his car and was gesturing angrily at Tony Stewart when Tony Stewart came by during the next lap under yellow,” Willis said in a phone interview. “He approached him and evidently when he was driving by the guy standing on the track gesturing at him, he gunned his engine.
    “What happened was the back end kicked out and clipped the guy and the guy flew across the track.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...042049206.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

RIP

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Police just reported that the driver was dead on arrival at the hospital.... Stewart is done....

comeattheKINGbestnotmiss rogues's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    ing piece of , tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    He was in the middle of the ing track

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah true. You dont do that but Stewart is a hothead. He didn't try to avoid him at all. Witnesses who were at the track said Tony actually gunned his car to speed away.

Dude is probably done. Even if this is an accident, he can be pinned for reckless manslaugter.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were mad at me and running near my car and I gunned the engine and clipped you and you died, I'd go to jail for vehicular homicide. My defense of "He was in the street and I didn't mean to kill him" wouldn't help my case much.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is a hothead and he will not be able to brush this off. I think the statement from his of his team , "business as usual
    and Tony will race in Sundays NASCAR race" is bit crass. NASCAR needs to sit him down and not let him race till it is fully
    investigated. The other driver came down the track to show his displeasure after Tony's car squeezed him into the wall.
    Tony drove around the track too close to the guy and hit him. Tony was probably going to and try and throw dirt on him as he
    drove by and was said to hit the gas when he got near the other driver. The car took a set on the dirt sideways and the back rear tire hit the driver.
    Tony would not run over the guy on purpose but he got too close to the guy let his temper take over and now he is in a world of ....
    Last edited by Biernutz; 08-10-2014 at 08:35 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way this is Tony's fault. The kid was 20, he's probably seen drivers, maybe even Stewart himself, rush out onto the track and point and cuss at a driver passing by, and maybe thought it'd be ok for him to do the same. Only difference is that in dirt track racing, there is a lot less grip available to the drivers and the rear end of the car often steps out when going round corners. Combine that with the kid wearing a black firesuit in low visibility and the fact that the kid would only have come into Tony's view a split-second before the incident means that Stewart could do nothing.

Hopefully this sees the end of drivers walking out on an active race track in a fit of rage. Not sure why it's been accepted for so long in the US. Try that crap here and you'd be stripped of your racing license for a decade if not for life.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Stewart accelerated as he saw him. He is done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way this is Tony's fault. The kid was 20, he's probably seen drivers, maybe even Stewart himself, rush out onto the track and point and cuss at a driver passing by, and maybe thought it'd be ok for him to do the same. Only difference is that in dirt track racing, there is a lot less grip available to the drivers and the rear end of the car often steps out when going round corners. Combine that with the kid wearing a black firesuit in low visibility and the fact that the kid would only have come into Tony's view a split-second before the incident means that Stewart could do nothing.

Hopefully this sees the end of drivers walking out on an active race track in a fit of rage. Not sure why it's been accepted for so long in the US. Try that crap here and you'd be stripped of your racing license for a decade if not for life.
    Did you should see the video posted on Deadspin. Read the comments from people who were at the track. Tony had a GoPro camera on his sprinter.
    Where is that camera now? This is not over. Yes the driver is dumb to get out of his car and point a finger at another driver. Tony has done
    that more than a few times...Tony did not drive in today's NASCAR race,he sat it out. Tony is well known for his temper.

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-ste...ing-1618893708

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yeah to the dumbasses like ESPN defending Stewart, you mean to say he "lost control" when he clipped that guy's car the first time too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheriff announces that there is no evidence to support criminal intent by Tony Stewart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ any got blaming Stewart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ any got blaming Stewart.
    Lame trolling effort

English get better yes POPownsJackson's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    thats what his dumbass gets for getting out on the track like that

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheriff announces that there is no evidence to support criminal intent by Tony Stewart.
    Vehicular manslaughter doesn't require criminal intent. He didn't mean to kill the guy, but he made a decision in a car that killed the guy, and he should go to jail for it. He won't, of course, because he has money, but he should.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Also, drivers have communication headsets with the pit, was he not told by his pit the guy was in the middle of the track? Surely that conversation was recorded.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Tony Stewart Threatened To Run Over Driver 2 Years Ago Following Wreck

Two years ago Stewart threw his helmet at Matt Kenseth following a wreck in the Irwin Tools Night Race and threatened to run him over.
    “I checked up twice not to run over him. And I learned my lesson there, and I’m going to run over him every chance I got until the end of the year. Every chance I got,” Stewart said following the August 2012 race, according to CBS News.
    http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2014/08/11...llowing-wreck/

wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    natural selection tbh. The dude almost gets hit by someone else before Stewart clips him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Stewart Threatened To Run Over Driver 2 Years Ago Following Wreck

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2014/08/11...llowing-wreck/

wow
    He's not talking about Kenseth walking on the track and running him over, he's saying his car is much faster and if Kenseth doesn't get out of the way from now on he's just gonna drive right through him.

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    He's not talking about Kenseth walking on the track and running him over, he's saying his car is much faster and if Kenseth doesn't get out of the way from now on he's just gonna drive right through him.
    That's what I got from it too.

But if you were to go back and review his racing career and incidents on the track and the he says..it would be easy to see how maniacal Stewart is.

I know this is a superspeedway and crashes happen all the time but this one was another reckless move made by him that could have cost some lives.

Crash happens around minute 1:06

Thread Information