only sport worse than soccer
    lookie maw, I cans turn left

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only sport worse than soccer
    lookie maw, I cans turn left
    Nothing like an car accident to bring out the drive by rubberneckers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Ward Sr the father of the racer hit by Tony Stuart made a statement today. He said that Tony was the best
    racer on the track but all the other racers missed his son.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...153055373.html

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Kevin Ward Sr the father of the racer hit by Tony Stuart made a statement today. He said that Tony was the best
    racer on the track but all the other racers missed his son.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...153055373.html
    Interesting..

If Ward's family decides to press charges on wrongful death, Stewart is doomed.

That articles seems to indicate that the father is most likely to press charges.

If Tony is not banned from racing in the Outlaw Racing Series he should decide not to race there ever again himself.

I wouldn't have the gonads to show myself after I run someone over, intentionally or not. It would be too much. Also, that stigma of having killed someone would forever be with me so I would spare myself the pain to relieve that every other day I race there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Not racing on Sunday at Michigan. Burton Will fill in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if Tony doesn't compete this weekend he's out of the chase officially? I've heard that there's some waiver thing that could allow him in..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if Tony doesn't compete this weekend he's out of the chase officially? I've heard that there's some waiver thing that could allow him in..
    Nah he's out. He wasn't in to begin with.

There are only 4 races left to get it, 3 counting Michigan. If he was to win a race he'd be in but he's not going to make it on points.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting..

If Ward's family decides to press charges on wrongful death, Stewart is doomed.

That articles seems to indicate that the father is most likely to press charges.

If Tony is not banned from racing in the Outlaw Racing Series he should decide not to race there ever again himself.

I wouldn't have the gonads to show myself after I run someone over, intentionally or not. It would be too much. Also, that stigma of having killed someone would forever be with me so I would spare myself the pain to relieve that every other day I race there.
    Good points all. My expectation is that there will be no criminal charges, even if the family asks for it. This whole "ciminal intent" bull pretty much proves that. When the police say something so ridiculously wrong, you know they're going full Jameis to protect Stewart. The family will, however file the mother of all civil suits against him, and he will be financially eviscerated.

My guess is that the top drivers are going to be contractually forbidden from slumming it in the little tracks in the future, but if NASCAR perceives a boost in popularity from this, then they'll step right over Ward's corpse and let it happen.

I'm with you on the sprint car thing too. I'm not sure I'd feel like getting in a race car again after something like that if I were Stewart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is not racing this weekend. Ward Burton will drive his car. I think Tony might
    sit the rest on the season to take the heat off his sponsors. It looks like this won't go away
    anytime soon. The civil lawsuit is coming, count on it. Will he stop racing sprints in the future, not
    a chance. He won't give it up for anything. another driver who came up to NASCAR started in sprints.
    Jeff Gordon was a very good sprinter and went to Cup cars. He gave up the sprinters to only
    race NASCAR.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NASCAR has made some changes.

Implemented a rule to keep drivers in their cars when a accident involving them occurs. Only exception is if the car is on fire, smoke etc.

The Tony rule is to be implemented as soon as Sunday's race begins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, that one was a given. The zero-tolerance era has begun. In five years, we'll all wonder how this rule wasn't put in place long before this happened.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, that one was a given. The zero-tolerance era has begun. In five years, we'll all wonder how this rule wasn't put in place long before this happened.
    It was the unwritten rule. Common sense tells you getting out of your car and confronting someone driving another one wizzing by you at 30mph (when caution is out) is not the smartest thing you can do.

It is sad that these are the types of things that have to happen for people to start doing something about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For A race car driver it's hard to turn off the switch after someone puts you out of the race. That's pretty much
    happens when a driver jumps out his wrecked car and points or throws his helmet at the car that put him out. As
    far as I know this is the first fatality of this kind ever for auto or bike racing. Many feel that Tony's skill level would
    keep him from hitting him. Tony's lack of a statement about what happened that race or a interview about it makes
    me doubt as to whether he didn't see him. It looks to me that he is not saying anything is a lawyer up. His not
    having a interview, keeps what he says to use it against him in criminal court in a or civil lawsuit that is coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the unwritten rule. Common sense tells you getting out of your car and confronting someone driving another one wizzing by you at 30mph (when caution is out) is not the smartest thing you can do.

It is sad that these are the types of things that have to happen for people to start doing something about it.
    I don't think I agree that there was an unwritten rule. Nascar drivers have done it for a long time, and they didn't do anything about it because it's good reality TV for the fans and leads Sportscenter when someone throws his helmet at one of the Busch brothers as they go by. Something tragic was going to happen eventually. As I said before, it's common sense in hindsight after someone dies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I agree that there was an unwritten rule. Nascar drivers have done it for a long time, and they didn't do anything about it because it's good reality TV for the fans and leads Sportscenter when someone throws his helmet at one of the Busch brothers as they go by. Something tragic was going to happen eventually. As I said before, it's common sense in hindsight after someone dies.
    the only guys dumb enough to do this and the ones I've actually seen do this are Kurt Busch, Jimmy Spencer and a few others wait for the car that put them out so they can go after their cars on foot like some kind of warrior.

You rarely see drivers like Gordon and the type that have enough posture to not do something they regret later. It comes with experience. You cant teach stupid as they say.

It's why I'm always at a loss for words whenever I see Tony do the things he does on the track sometimes. For someone with so much track expirience he sure doesn't act his age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Kurt Busch is awesome so it's ok when he does stupid crap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kurt the older of the Bush brothers has mellowed some over the years. Now Kyle is now the family knucklehead.........

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Huh? Guy almost ruined his career over his meltdowns.

Got fired from Roush, Penskee and pretty much everywhere he's been because of his ty a tude and behavior.

It took him being on seriously ty teams to calm the down. One more screw up and he's out of the sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Got fired from Roush, Penskee and pretty much everywhere he's been because of his ty a tude and behavior.

It took him being on seriously ty teams to calm the down. One more screw up and he's out of the sport.

Kurt has pissed away some good rides like with Penske. Driving for the small Denver Mattress car humbled him some and now he has a good
    ride with the Stuart/Hass team. I don't think he is that close to be out of the sport as much no good team would take a chance with Kurt's
    temper exploding. Kyle, his brother seems to have the family temper and just about screwed himself out of his Gibbs ride. On Tony Stuart's
    temper. He is a co owner of his NASCAR team and it's unlikely he will fire himself. One driver in the top 5 all time temper team is A.J. Foyt.
    A.J.'s temper is legendary.................
    Last edited by Biernutz; 08-16-2014 at 05:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I know that, but at least he doesn't whine like Kyle, Stewart, Johnson. He just tells it like it is "Hey, this car sucks".

Damn good driver, too.

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Jeff Gordon WINS at MICHIGAN for his 91st win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damnit Kurt

Paul Menard just missed out on 3rd too..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Cars At Austin

On Sept. 20th sports car racing returns to Circuit of the Americas at Austin. TUDOR Championship round on Sept. 20.
    of the United SportsCar Championship.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/10752...ebut-at-austin

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Tony Stewart will again miss a NASCAR race this coming Saturday at Bristol.

Jeff Burton will be piloting the #14 car again this weekend.

Rumors going around is that he is planning to retire and will be making some type of announcement "soon."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F1 Grand Prix of Belgium

this weekend on NBC SportChannel

Thread Information