Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm interested, who would you suggest is? I believe it'd be Britain, as they have the most established racing system/farm system out of any country, with the majority of the best drivers in the world, past and present, having raced in Britain/for a British team at some point. 10 drivers from Britain have won the F1 world le, more than any other country/kingdom. Those drivers have won a combined 15 drivers les, again more than any other country. The F1, GP2 and GP3 champions this year are all English. Most of the successful team principals in F1 are British. Britain has the most wins by drivers in Le Mans history at 29. Britain has the best Touring car championship outside of the World Touring car championship. Multiple time champions in the world rally championship, world superbike championship, formula 2, formula 3, MotoGP etc etc.

Britain have not only dominated F1 with its drivers but also with its constructors. Teams such as Williams, Lotus, McLaren, Cooper, Brabham, Benetton, Tyrrell, BRM and Brawn have all won championships in F1, and a combined 37 championship between them. The next closest is Italy with 19 championship (all Ferrari).

I may and probably do sound pompous, but I'm genuinely interested to see who reckon it is, there are a few contenders I guess.
    I mean, you do have a point in saying how dominant they have been in their racing series and also right about the drivers it has produced and how historic and prestigious the events are but to proclaimed they are the king of the whole motorsports world is stretching it.

I'd say they're the kings of international racing for sure.

When you put the racing series such as F1, Rally, MotoGP, NASCAR, Indy, Supercross etc all in one pool, I mean hard to pick 1 as best of all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, you do have a point in saying how dominant they have been in their racing series and also right about the drivers it has produced and how historic and prestigious the events are but to proclaimed they are the king of the whole motorsports world is stretching it.

I'd say they're the kings of international racing for sure.

When you put the racing series such as F1, Rally, MotoGP, NASCAR, Indy, Supercross etc all in one pool, I mean hard to pick 1 as best of all.
    I hear ya, despite a lot of British people claiming that NASCAR is 'just turning left', I don't see any British guys dominating that one

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sebastian Vettel drives the Ferrari F2012 for the first time.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been a Williams supporter since Rosberg and Jones.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jay Leno top 21 cars from his collection

http://www.odometer.com/pop-culture/...17-yde#slide/0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy bike riders in San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a 2013 Dodge Challenger with Superbird body kit you can buy. This car looks so hot.....
    Body kit cost about $13,000 U.S.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/18/t...conversion-is/

Last edited by Biernutz; 12-15-2014 at 02:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beautiful Lancia Stratos HF, a stalwart of rallying in the 1970s. WARNING: Video may induce eargasms.

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Beautiful Lancia Stratos HF, a stalwart of rallying in the 1970s. WARNING: Video may induce eargasms.

Neat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

old racecars are my favorite....this Lancia has to be in my top 20. The green, white and red Aitialia colors looked sharp. It had a street version.
    One car for sale in auction for $660.000.00

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1068220
    Last edited by Biernutz; 12-18-2014 at 07:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old school slots ...they were fun

Thread Information