Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    ...it's the biggest choke since 18-1.

The AFC is a dumpster fire full of awful teams. The Patriots should beat any of those teams with ease. That includes the Steelers, who seemingly exist only to give the Patriots easy playoff wins.

In the NFC, Carson Wentz is out for the year, which pretty much takes the Eagles out of the running. The Rams remind me so much of last year's Falcons, and we all see how that team did against the Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Patriots have already proven that they can shut down the Saints' offense this year. And trusting teams led by game managers like Case Keenum and Struggle Wilson to win against Brady is foolish.

Just hand the trophy to the Patriots now, imo.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

The AFC is a dumpster fire full of awful teams. The Patriots should beat any of those teams with ease. That includes the Steelers, who seemingly exist only to give the Patriots easy playoff wins.

In the NFC, Carson Wentz is out for the year, which pretty much takes the Eagles out of the running. The Rams remind me so much of last year's Falcons, and we all see how that team did against the Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Patriots have already proven that they can shut down the Saints' offense this year. And trusting teams led by game managers like Case Keenum and Struggle Wilson to win against Brady is foolish.

The Saints were force feeding Peterson the ball in the Patriots game earlier this season. They still didn't know what they had in Kamara. I'd love another chance against them. I'm not saying the Saints would win, but a Brees-Brady Super Bowl would be pretty cool.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

I agree the Patriots should sleep walk to the Super Bowl but I think Minnesota, New Orleans, or LA have decent shots.

In the AFC, Jacksonville's defense vs Brady would be fun, but I'm not stupid enough to think they'll actually win the game with Bortles starting. If the Steelers had the exact same players/coaches but were literally a different franchise, I'd have some confidence but like you said, they just exist to be Brady's stepping stone. Probably the most empty 11-2 record ever

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    How many years in a row has this thread been made?

Post Count
    The Saints were force feeding Peterson the ball in the Patriots game earlier this season. They still didn't know what they had in Kamara. I'd love another chance against them. I'm not saying the Saints would win, but a Brees-Brady Super Bowl would be pretty cool.
    Ingram and AP got 8 carries each that game. Mike Gillislee had more carries than the entire Saints team. And in the passing game, Brees targeted Kamara 7 times and Ingram 5 times. I wouldn't say they were "force-feeding" the ball to any of their RBs at the expense of the others that game, tbh.

Post Count
    In the AFC, Jacksonville's defense vs Brady would be fun, but I'm not stupid enough to think they'll actually win the game with Bortles starting. If the Steelers had the exact same players/coaches but were literally a different franchise, I'd have some confidence but like you said, they just exist to be Brady's stepping stone. Probably the most empty 11-2 record ever
    Tbh, the coaching staff is arguably the Steelers' biggest problem against the Patriots, especially on defense. How many times have they gone out and played soft zone and let Brady pick them apart all game? They even promised this past offseason to start playing more man, but IIRC, this season, they've played even more zone than last year

Tomlin is a clown, but he'll never be fired because the Steelers pride themselves on almost never having coaching changes.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Tbh, the coaching staff is arguably the Steelers' biggest problem against the Patriots, especially on defense. How many times have they gone out and played soft zone and let Brady pick them apart all game? They even promised this past offseason to start playing more man, but IIRC, this season, they've played even more zone than last year

Tomlin is a clown, but he'll never be fired because the Steelers pride themselves on almost never having coaching changes.
    This pretty much. Playing that zone blitzing scheme against Brady is essentially the same thing as conceding the game. The way you beat Brady is with press coverage that throws his timing off and jamming up the middle of the field (even that’s less effective these days now that Brady suddenly got good at throwing deep).

Their offensive play calling against New England is dumb too. Idk how many times I’ve seen them driving down the field with vanilla play calling and then stalling the drive after trying a re ed trick play that loses yards.

imo it’ll be a repeat of last year where they play a far more talented team in the SB.

Post Count

Maybe. But Keenum isn't a game manager like Bradford was. Here's actually not scarred to launch a deep ball now and then. He does more than a 3 yard pass. He's been surprisingly nimble in avoiding the sack all year.

You do realize he's one bad game or mediocre injury away from having a 2015 pro bowl quarterback away from taking over correct? And that would bring Diggs back to an elite form also.

Keenum had some pretty sweet passes get flat out dropped that game. Those incompletes weren't on him. That fumble was bs too.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    In a perfect world the AFC playoff seeding would be as such:

1. Steelers
    2. Patriots
    3. Jaguars
    4. Chargers
    5. Ravens
    6. Bills

In reality, the Chiefs, ans, and Bills are the least desirable playoff teams because none of them have upset-potential--while their aforementioned counterparts at least pose a threat to the top 2 seeds. Still, one of them has to make it--and for obvious reasons I want Buffalo in there. Whether their record indicates it or not, we all know that the top 5 seeds on that list are the best the AFC has to offer in hopes of making the Patriots earn it.

imo

Post Count
    Honestly, the Ravens are the only team on that list that the Patriots would even be remotely afraid of. Probably not even them, because their defense is so bad that Playoff Flacco might not be enough to keep them compe ive. Their receivers are pretty bad too. Maclin is washed.
    Last edited by Clipper Nation; 12-11-2017 at 04:44 PM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    tbh, it's hard to deny it. I can hardly see anyone being compe ive at all, much less actually beating the pats... there is one major issue though, the offensive line and the linebacker corp is as depleted as possible, one more injury could cause a massive drop off tbh. But given how most good teams will be playing ty qbs, it's hard to feel like it's a good excuse.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    IF the Seahawks were intact, meaning all thier RB's are healthy and they have THE LEGION OF BOOM. they could beat the Pats in a big game.

Anyone calling Russell Wilson a game manager is dumber than a rock. Running around for his life is a game manager....hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~

He's going to have his second 4000 yards passing, 500 yards rushing and 30 TD;s again this season, no other QB has ever done than once, THIS...is a game manager, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 12-11-2017 at 08:06 PM.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Pats just proved they’re pretenders.

We’re actually in a scenario where the ing Los Angeles Chargers are probably the best team in the AFC. They’ve done this after a horrific start and basically playing all road games.

Post Count
    Pats just proved they’re pretenders.

We’re actually in a scenario where the ing Los Angeles Chargers are probably the best team in the AFC. They’ve done this after a horrific start and basically playing all road games.
    I remember the Dolphins beating the Patriots pretty handily at one point in 2014, too. Remind me again how that season turned out for them?

If you want to see a pretender, look no further than the Chargers. They have played one of the easiest schedules in recent memory and lost to every team with a pulse. They also lost to this same Dolphins team.

todays NFL

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t call the Patriots pretenders or obvious favorites. The NFL has had so much parity the last few years that teams contending for superbowls are still capable of looking as ty as New England did yesterday. The modern day NFL is more or less a “who has the least amount of injuries for the playoffs” raffle between the top 5 teams every year. I’d argue New England’s 2015 team that won its first 7 games (IIRC) but an average of multiple possessions was better than the 2014 or 2016 team but it had so many injuries late in the year vs. Denver which had early season injuries but was healthy for the playoffs.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    How many years in a row has this thread been made?
    dont pay it any mind. its just CN complaining.

my chargers never win so it must be rigged!

seahawks fake crows noise! patriots cheat! broncos chop block! everybody good cheats!

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t call the Patriots pretenders or obvious favorites. The NFL has had so much parity the last few years that teams contending for superbowls are still capable of looking as ty as New England did yesterday. The modern day NFL is more or less a “who has the least amount of injuries for the playoffs” raffle between the top 5 teams every year. I’d argue New England’s 2015 team that won its first 7 games (IIRC) but an average of multiple possessions was better than the 2014 or 2016 team but it had so many injuries late in the year vs. Denver which had early season injuries but was healthy for the playoffs.
    rofl, unless your Dullass who always avoids the injury bug during their playoff years but still manage to lay an egg

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Pats on a Thursday night on the road missing how many starters?

Are you people for real?

NEVER...NEVER...NEVER....put too much into....a....game. Every team has that....dud....game, it means....0.

Who is better in the playoffs (overall) than the Pats in the Belichick/Brady era?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Are you people for real?

NEVER...NEVER...NEVER....put too much into....a....game. Every team has that....dud....game, it means....0.

Who is better in the playoffs (overall) than the Pats in the Belichick/Brady era?
    yesterday was monday you ing moron

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    yesterday was monday you ing moron
    Well no guy, I....OBVIOUSLY...meant Monday. The Rasslin' is on Monday night I tape it, so......

Dude, YOU talking moron....hahahaha~~~~

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Well no guy, I....OBVIOUSLY...meant Monday. The Rasslin' is on Monday night I tape it, so......

Dude, YOU talking moron....hahahaha~~~~

Are you people for real?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dude, AFTER...MNF...I always watch RAW on the DVR....ok? RAW isn't on Thursdays, ok?

Dude, you really stupid enought to think anyone confuses a Monday for a Thursday, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You really are tiny, huh?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Dude, AFTER...MNF...I always watch RAW on the DVR....ok? RAW isn't on Thursdays, ok?

Dude, you really stuopid enought to think anyone confuses a Monday for a Thursday, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    you said thursday

and you still watch wrestling even though you're well past your 9th birthday

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why, is what gets me. Yep...weird. How do ya think that happened?

People are funny.

I once made a HUGE list of every NFLer who ever ran track, it was all there, their PR's, schools. Here comes some guy.....you spelled....

Ha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Information