Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... trying to make people think that his spoof comedy show is a news program.
    If anything, it's the other way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    next POTUS, tbh
    Magic 8 Ball says "that's looking doubtful".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um. That's exactly what he's doing.
    Darrin occasionally grasps the obvious by accident.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the random, puny attempt at facetiousness sometimes pays off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christie Says, "I Am Not a Bully." Here Are 8 Videos of Him Yelling, Name-Calling, and Belittling People.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014/01/chris-christie-bullying-videos

Wall St attracts and cultivates the most wonderful, civilized people.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-10-2014 at 11:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    slide to 9:19 for Rachel's background and alternative target of Luca Brasi's vendetta

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...l-111611971764

She kept Luca Brasi GWB on front burner for months, and she was right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a right winger? I voted for Gary Johnson, not Romney. Thank you. And please don't try to defend Jon Stewart. The guy is a fraud in the sense that he tries to make people think that The Daily Show is a news program like 60 Minutes while it's basically a spoof comedy show about the news. I love how Obama drinkers call anyone that doesn't agree with them on anything "right wingers, racists, bigots, etc...". I will be glad when Bush's 4th term is over. I want some middle aged white Lutheran guy from Ohio or upstate New York as the next president. That way, I don't have to hear people ing about his skin color and stupid like that.
    If only there were some kind of clue for people to recognize that it's a comedy show...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Eh, I don't think this dereails his presidential bid. Honestly, we'll have forgotten it by the time 2016 comes around. People will bring it up, and no one will really care.

Say the N word? Yeah, your campaign is toast.

Cheat on someone? Probably.

Close a bridge and piss off a lot of people and maybe be slightly culpable in the death of a 91 year old? Not really going anywhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I don't think this dereails his presidential bid. Honestly, we'll have forgotten it by the time 2016 comes around. People will bring it up, and no one will really care.

Close a bridge and piss off a lot of people and maybe be slightly culpable in the death of a 91 year old? Not really going anywhere.
    Obese Wall St greasebag bully won't get out of the primaries. He thanked and hugged The Great Satan N!gg@

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/10/ny...=tw-share&_r=2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CHRISTIE URGES MEDIA TO FOCUS ON WEIGHT

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie lashed out at the media today, saying that it had "failed to focus on the single most important issue regarding me, which is my weight."

At a press conference in Trenton, Christie yelled at a room full of reporters, accusing them of doing the public a disservice by not devoting all of their coverage of him to the issue of his body mass.

"How much I've weighed in the past, how much I weigh now, and how much I'm eating - that's all you clowns should be writing about," he yelled. "Anything else is just a distraction."

Adopting a threatening tone, Christie told the reporters, "If you know what's good for you, your next story will be about how tubby I am."

The governor made only one reference to the notorious bridge-closing scandal, offering this alibi: "At the time that decision was made, I was busy shouting at a teacher."

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...on-weight.html

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rampgate doesn't have legs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rampgate doesn't have legs.
    It has exposed Luca Brasi in a very bad light, and the investigation is far from over. NY AG's and US Attorneys are all on the case. NJ AG was appointed by Luca, so that's a non-starter conflict of interest.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has exposed Luca Brasi in a very bad light, and the investigation is far from over. NY AG's and US Attorneys are all on the case. NJ AG was appointed by Luca, so that's a non-starter conflict of interest.
    Keep hope alive!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jon Stewart: Yes, Chris Christie did ‘set a tone’ — and it was ‘F-U sharp’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/10/jon-stewart-yes-chris-christie-did-set-a-tone-and-it-was-f-u-sharp/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christie asked Cuomo to back off investigating Fort Lee. In mid-December.

In what seems like ages ago in the Chris Christie Gina Close-a-your-bridgeda scandal saga, the WSJ reported something that looked exceptionally fishy at the time; that Christie had talked with Andrew Cuomo and asked him to get Patrick Foye, the executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, to back off investigating the Fort Lee bridge closure.

Mr. Christie, a Republican, complained in a private phone call to Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, that Patrick Foye, the executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, was pressing too hard to get to the bottom of why the number of toll lanes onto the bridge from Fort Lee, N.J. was cut from three to one in early September, according to this person. The lane closures occurred without notice to local authorities, officials have said, and snarled traffic for a week in the small borough on the Hudson River bluffs.

According to the WSJ story, that phone call was
    the week of December 12.
    Yeah. Kind of makes Christies little press "performance piece" this morning look like the firehose of lies that it actually was.

Among the mounting stream of evidence that shows Christie knew damn well what was going on, this one would seem to be the final nail in the coffin.

And it's very easily proven ... if Governor Cuomo has the backbone to be a proper partisan and put his boot on Christie's neck.

He doesn't have to do it personally. Heck, the WSJ would be HAPPY to report the facts if they just got the nod ... they're the ones with the connections to "a person familiar with the matter," which by the sound of it has to be someone in Cuomo's office anyway.

Ball is in your court, Andy. End Christie's political career.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...n?detail=email

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Darrin, if you noticed (and obviously you didn't, because, hey, you're Darrin), I used the words "maybe" and "slightly". I don't hold it against him (she was 91, after all) but others might.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got no legs....

New Bridge Scandal Emails: PA Official Said Christie Team's Lane Closure "Violates Federal Law"
    Source: Mother Jones

In a September 13 email released Friday by the New Jersey Assembly panel probing Republican Gov. Chris Christie's George Washington Bridge scandal, Port Authority executive director Patrick Foye wrote that the decision to shut down access lanes to the bridge violated state and federal laws.

"I believe this hasty and ill-advised decision violates Federal Law and the laws of both States," Foye noted, explaining his decision to reopen those lanes to traffic. "I am appalled by the lack of process, failure to inform our customers and Fort Lee and most of all by the dangers created to the public." Foye sent his email after four days of heavy traffic jams caused by the closures to nearly a dozen officials at the Port Authority, including chairman David Samson, a Christie appointee.

-snip-

On Thursday, Christie expressed confidence that Samson played no part in causing the Fort Lee traffic disaster, saying, "I am convinced that he had absolutely no knowledge of this, that this was executed at the operational level and never brought to the attention of the board of commissioners." Yet when Foye ordered the lanes reopened on September 13, David Wildstein, a Christie appointee at the Port Authority official wrote to a Christie staffer, "We are appropriately going nuts. Samson helping us to retaliate."

Another email released on Friday shows an effort to keep the story from going public. On the night of September 13, Foye received an email from Bill Baroni, a Port Authority official appointed by Christie (who resigned in December as the scandal was unfolding). It read, "I am on my way to the office to discuss. There can be no public discourse."

-snip-
    Read more: http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014...e-law-christie

At the press conference Christie was just shocked...shocked I tell you, that his staff was capable of lying to him about their involvement in the GWB scandal. So why was he twisting Cuomo's arm last month in an effort to keep this story quiet? If you don't believe Christie is involved in this, I've got a bridge to....

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie called New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo this week to complain about a Cuomo appointee's handling of a growing controversy over traffic pattern changes on the George Washington Bridge, a person familiar with the matter said.

Mr. Christie, a Republican, complained in a private phone call to Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, that Patrick Foye, the executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, was pressing too hard to get to the bottom of why the number of toll lanes onto the bridge from Fort Lee, N.J. was cut from three to one in early September, according to this person. The lane closures occurred without notice to local authorities, officials have said, and snarled traffic for a week in the small borough on the Hudson River bluffs.
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...54012674389146

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of s do you hire that pull this lane closure .

Its as bad as Barry's Chicago asshole appointments.

They reveled in what they had done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Christie's Not in the Clear Yet. These Text Messages Show Why
    By Andy Kroll and David Corn at Mother Jones

"SNIP......................................

Here's the backstory. The traffic jam happened on the week of September 9 and quickly became a local controversy. Lawmakers began investigating, and on November 25, Bill Baroni, another Christie appointee at the Port Authority, testified before the New Jersey Assembly's transportation, public works, and independent authorities committee. Baroni told lawmakers that the lane closures were part of a study to determine whether Fort Lee should have three dedicated lanes leading onto the George Washington Bridge.

State lawmakers didn't buy Baroni's explanation. "I think that at best this was clumsy and ham-handed," said committee chair John Wisniewski, a Democrat. "At worst, this was political mischief by a political appointee."

Immediately after his testimony, according to do ents released this week, Baroni texted David Wildstein asking how Christie administration officials in Trenton, the state capital, had reacted to his testimony:

David Wildstein: You did great
    Bill Baroni: Trenton feedback
    Bill Baroni: ?
    David Wildstein: Good

Bill Baroni: Just good?
    David Wildstein: No i have only texted brudget and Nicole they were VERY happy
    Bill Baroni: Ok
    David Wildstein: Both said you are doing great
    David Wildstein: Charlie said you did GREAT
    http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014...a-text-message

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 Republicans Kicking Christie While He’s Down

http://www.nationalmemo.com/5-republ...hile-hes-down/

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I'm a right winger? I voted for Gary Johnson, not Romney.
    So you voted for a neocon pretending to be a libertarian instead of just a flat-out neocon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's Rudy...right on cue..

"This was very, very refreshing," said Rudy Giuliani of the New Jersey governor's explanation. "We've had a couple of years in Washington with a lot of situations like that IRS thing and Benghazi. We have a president who ... never takes accountability, never fires anybody." Christie, he added, "acted like a chief executive."
    Read more: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer....html#comments

Yeah, Christie was completely accountable...

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Being for gay marriage, abortion, free trade, decriminalization of marijuana, and due process makes you a neocon? Clipnation, do you even know what a neocon is? I mean I know you are too busy praying every night before you go to bed that Christina Paul makes a miraculous speedy recovery but maybe you should do some reading on the neocons.

Thread Information