Post Count

Born: Jun 19, 1978
    Height: 7-0 / 2.13
    Weight: 245 lbs. / 111.1 kg.
    Prior to NBA / Country: DJK Wurzburg / Germany
    Years Pro: 15

Info

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, according to this, http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...0819&p=6975412, the spurs have 8.2m in cap room this summer (assuming that Duncan opts in). The Roster would look like:

PG: Parker, Joseph
    SG: Green, Ginobili, Belinelli
    SF: Leonard
    PF: Ayres
    C: Duncan, Splitter

Dirk's a FA this summer, and his skills continue to make him the PF of choice for our system.

How does everyone feel about Pop, RC, TD, Parker, Manu and Leonard all showing up on Dirk's doorstep, and saying - "We want to -block the king, and we're the only way your getting another shot at a ring - how does 8.2 Million sound..."

I'm not sure Dirk'd buy it - he's been a Mav a long time, but god, I would love it if he did...
    Last edited by Bruno; 01-14-2014 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Add profile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt it. Dirk has said numerous times he will end his career as a Mav. Now, you never know...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not happening. But if it did... 70 win ecstasy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed with others, not happening, but what a team we'd have.

Having said that, I don't think it's clear cut that he'll retire a Mav. I'm sure many thought the same of Pierce, Olajuwon, Malone, Pippen etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, dude is just unmotivated right now. I'm sure he is second guessing staying with the mavs with the direction they are taking that team. In other words I dont think he is as untouchable as he was a couple of seasons ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, dude is just unmotivated right now. I'm sure he is second guessing staying with the mavs with the direction they are taking that team. In other words I dont think he is as untouchable as he was a couple of seasons ago.
    What's your basis for saying this? "Unmotivated" and "second guessing staying with the Mavs" both fly directly in the face of everything I've ever heard about Dirk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's come out and said he's extending.

Nuttin' in these bitches philldafunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be awesome, but probably won't happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd only make sense if Tim retired this off-season. They'd be way too horrible defensively if they played together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd only make sense if Tim retired this off-season. They'd be way too horrible defensively if they played together.
    Notsureifsrs. Of course we'd have problems defensively playing him with Duncan, but Dirk is still an All Star. We'd be unstoppable ofgensively with Dirk.

Irrelevant anyway, he's retiring a Mav and even on the tiny chance he doesn't, he'd go play with Lebron, Durant or Unibrow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notsureifsrs. Of course we'd have problems defensively playing him with Duncan, but Dirk is still an All Star. We'd be unstoppable ofgensively with Dirk.

Irrelevant anyway, he's retiring a Mav and even on the tiny chance he doesn't, he'd go play with Lebron, Durant or Unibrow
    Parker would probably suffer. But even if he didn't the Spurs don't need to be any more of a glass cannon than they are now. They can score just fine without Dirk, but Duncan is already enough of a liability by himself. The Spurs wouldn't just have problems defensively. They'd be horrible, like knocked-out-of-the-first-round horrible.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The chances of Dirk signing with the spurs are .0001%. So what I'm saying is "We've got a chance".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pipe ..meet dream..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The chances of Dirk signing with the spurs are .0001%. So what I'm saying is "We've got a chance".
    LOL!!! Exactly... this is like reading on LakersGround about them trying to sign TD... so laughable...

Thread Information