Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When he first signed on to do the show it was before all of that.
    I don't think so.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    hate colin colin farrell, like vince vaughn.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    hate colin colin farrell, like vince vaughn.
    You hate him? Why's that?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    bump

Season 2 starts soon tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Really have low expectations for this one but Season 1 was so great that I'll at least give it a shot tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    anticipating

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Preview looks like they are trying to recapture the feel of the 1st season. Another chain smoking loner cop, another family guy cop trying to walk the line.

Don't expect to see it in the Emmy's again.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    meh... too many moving parts

- 3 Emotionally ed up Cops instead of 2; at least 1 of them dirty; 1 of them is a psychopath, and one has daddy issues
    - too much focus on dirty money; not nearly as interesting or gripping as a raping/murdering cult
    - how will the missing Mexican gal fit into this

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Seems more conventional than season one, but season one was more conventional than season one seemed in the first place tbh. Will keep watching but not expecting lightning to strike twice.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Let down. Lacked the philosophical background of the first season, too many moving parts, and the characters seem one-dimensional/flat. There was a depth to the first season that came from the characters, the scenery, the dialogue, and the themes. Totally absent here -- it was about as empty and vacuous as the city it's set in.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Let down. Lacked the philosophical background of the first season, too many moving parts, and the characters seem one-dimensional/flat. There was a depth to the first season that came from the characters, the scenery, the dialogue, and the themes. Totally absent here -- it was about as empty and vacuous as the city it's set in.
    I'm thinking that might be the point. It's certainly a way to distance this season from the previous one. Since ep 1 was all backstory, I'm willing to see how the main characters interact now that they are together. Maybe one of them will end up being likable or at least identifiable in some way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm thinking that might be the point. It's certainly a way to distance this season from the previous one. Since ep 1 was all backstory, I'm willing to see how the main characters interact now that they are together. Maybe one of them will end up being likable or at least identifiable in some way.
    I know Pizzolto (sp?) made a concerted effort to distance himself from S1, but there's a difference between exploring new characters, themes, ideas, etc... in a compelling way and putting up a flat and boring film noir retread.

I'll definitely give it the full season, but this episode didn't even come close to the visceral punch that S1E1 had.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    not nearly as interesting or gripping as a raping/murdering cult
    - how will the missing Mexican gal fit into this
    I think rape/cultish behavior is behind her dissapearance and the city manager's death.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was bad just like I thought it would be. Although the scene where Colin unloaded on his fat illegitimate son was funny.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I liked it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sh*t, it already aired???

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Too many stories and last night's episode was boring, slow, and confusing. The only thing entertaining was when Colin Farrell beat that dad up with the brass knuckles and said " you" to that little kid.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have 3 issues with chapter one:

1)All the characters are tormented in a very explicit way.
    2) they gave too much of their stories in chapter one.
    3) There is no character that gives you, with his comments, some kind of a break of all the that goes around (e.g Woody Harrelson). To me, part of what made season one so good i that there was a balance between Rust and Marty.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I get everybody's storylines, kinda, but the dead guy I don't know about--which is the point, since we're only one episode in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll butt your father with your mom's headless corpse on this goddamn lawn

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's interesting enough. I thought Taylors character was by far the most intriguing and well acted. Rachel Mcadams I thought had good depth.

I liked Colin's start overall, but not sure how he will turn out. Vaughn was hard to tell - not sure what he's going for.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sh*t, it already aired???
    My thoughts exactly I'll have to catch it at a later time, I'm sure it will be repeated several times this week or OD

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's interesting enough. I thought Taylors character was by far the most intriguing and well acted. Rachel Mcadams I thought had good depth.

I liked Colin's start overall, but not sure how he will turn out. Vaughn was hard to tell - not sure what he's going for.
    It feels like he has rage underneath in his character that will explode eventually. That's all I'm really going to continue to watch for.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Too many stories and last night's episode was boring, slow, and confusing. The only thing entertaining was when Colin Farrell beat that dad up with the brass knuckles and said " you" to that little kid.
    Confusing?? If anything, e01 of the first season was more confusing. If you were confused by the laid out plot of this episode then I don't know what to tell you.

also, he didn't say " you" he said
    I'll butt your father with your mom's headless corpse on this goddamn lawn

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have no idea what's going on with Vince Vaughn character, and it's kinda dumb how they try to make the chick from Mean Girls ugly when it's not possible.

Here's a good question. What sex act do yall think Rachel was trying to do when she freaked out her buddy?

Thread Information