Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    It's slow.............................................. .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    The fact we have only 3 hours left of Rust Cohle makes me sad (no )

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    The fact we have only 3 hours left of Rust Cohle makes me sad (no )
    Four, right?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Yeah, my bad (i know you love that phrase). Still too short

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    ("My bad" is perfectly acceptable and appropriate when meant to acknowledge one's mistake. I only hate when people think it subs for an actual apology.)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

dat final 6-min shot

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    hunky guys who masturbate are flat out pathetic tbh, es would like to melt down on their muscular bodies even without charging any fee. Dudes like him could've got a from the street or neighbor's house for a night anytime he likes, tbh, toll-free!
    tbh but isn't better than putting a part of your body into that dank, swollen Chinese finger puzzle of a gash? Especially for a celibate.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's a good show. Anyone could play Woody's part probably better than Woody himself, but Matt is on top of it.
    I have a hard time taking Woody seriously. Only person I could see taking Matt's role is maybe Pitt.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think Woody is great. He seems to be very underrated IMO.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Welp, no new episode of Rick and Morty this week. Guess I'll watch the new Rust and Marty over again... again.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's a good show. Anyone could play Woody's part probably better than Woody himself, but Matt is on top of it.
    I have a hard time taking Woody seriously. Only person I could see taking Matt's role is maybe Pitt.
    I love them both. McConaughey has the Midas touch right now and it's damn good. I've just always had a soft spot for Harrelson; and I think it's mostly from the Charles Harrelson--Judge John Wood--El Paso's mafia family the Chagras, it all makes Woody even more peculiar/interesting to me. And although I never saw him in his tv show and I've only seen a couple of his movies, I've never seen him in anything I didn't like
    Last edited by mrsmaalox; 02-10-2014 at 11:01 PM. Reason: quote

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    "I will skull you, you !"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    Matt McConaughey is giving a performance of a life time. Rust Cohle might be my favorite TV character of all time, tbh.

My Name Is Mitchell Brown
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    College
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Matt is a boss on this show. Woody has given an underrated performance thus far.

Best show since Breaking Bad.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    As others have mentioned, this ep had a great variety/mix of songs. I was shocked to hear American Life in the biker bar.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I love them both. McConaughey has the Midas touch right now and it's damn good. I've just always had a soft spot for Harrelson; and I think it's mostly from the Charles Harrelson--Judge John Wood--El Paso's mafia family the Chagras, it all makes Woody even more peculiar/interesting to me. And although I never saw him in his tv show and I've only seen a couple of his movies, I've never seen him in anything I didn't like
    Don't get me wrong, I like Mr Harrelson, I just don't find him particularly convincing in this role. He seems like he's always on the verge of cracking up. Maybe that's the part he's supposed to be playing, but if so it was written for Woody himself as I don't see him having much range. Maybe it's the wig.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    ‘True Detective’ Season 2: HBO Drama Likely Renewed for 2015

HBO

Long before HBO’s dark and dreary ‘True Detective‘ became a critical rave after only three episodes, showrunner Nic Pizzolatto explained that a second season would likely follow the anthology approach with a new cast and original story. And while HBO has yet to formally renew the Woody Harrelson-Matthew McConaughey for a second season, what of HBO’s latest dealings all-but-confirms ‘True Detective’ will open a second case in 2015 for season 2?
    Via Deadline, the pay-cable giant has signed an overall two-year deal with creator and novelist Nic Pizzolatto, who has already begun working on a potential second season of ‘True Detective,’ prepping a draft to present to HBO execs. The official order seems especially likely, given HBO’s most-watched series debut in over three year, averaging around 7.7 million viewers across the different platforms.
    For those unaware, HBO’s Cary Fukunaga-directed ‘True Detective’ follows investigators Rustin Cohle (McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Harrelson), whose lives intertwine during a 17-year hunt for a Louisiana serial killer. Their investigation of a gruesome 1995 murder cuts through testimony from the detectives in 2012, after the case re-opens. The eight-episode series also stars Shea Whigham (‘Boardwalk Empire‘), Kevin Dunn (‘Veep‘), Mic e Monaghan (‘Open‘), Alexandra Daddario (‘Percy Jackson‘) and Elizabeth Reaser (‘Twilight‘).
    As for the potential storyline of second season, common belief tells us that the cast would likely undergo a great deal more turnover than ‘American Horror Story,’ while the central story could prove equally different, given the flexibility of the series le. As noted by Deadline, Pizzolatto put forth several ideas during the recent TCA press tour:

There could be a season that’s much more of a widespread conspiracy thriller, a season that’s a small‑town murder mystery, a season where nobody is murdered and it’s a master criminal versus a rogue detective or something. Even the le, True Detective, is meant to be, of course, purposefully somewhat generic – the word “true” can also mean honorable and authentic and things like that. So as long as there is some crime in there, I think the series format can approach it.
    We’ll keep our ears to the ground for news of a formal renewal, something made all the more likely by HBO’s numerous cancellations of 2014, but what do you think? Could a second season of ‘True Detective’ garner similar acclaim without the stars and stories that made its first season so gripping? What would you want to see from a potential second season?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The simplicity of Woody's character balances out the complexity of McConaughey's. Some resemblance of normalcy, and every day issues is needed to maintain the less philosophical viewers imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    What's funny though is Cohle now appears more sane and normal than Hart

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Yeah. That wasn't exactly a shocking or innovative turn, but it's been very nicely handled.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't get me wrong, I like Mr Harrelson, I just don't find him particularly convincing in this role. He seems like he's always on the verge of cracking up. Maybe that's the part he's supposed to be playing, but if so it was written for Woody himself as I don't see him having much range. Maybe it's the wig.
    I know! It's the wig. I find myself mesmerized by it, constantly wondering "How'd they do that?"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And there's an interesting dichotomy between Cohle's two lives (undercover vs plain clothes detective), it's as if he's more comfortable operating in the criminal circles than in his own office. Personally I think Cohle has some demons regarding his little girl. I feel like maybe he's the reason she's dead and has created a world where that's better than the alternative just so he could cope. That's assuming she actually died that way, and wasn't kidnapped and killed, or something along those lines.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    And there's an interesting dichotomy between Cohle's two lives (undercover vs plain clothes detective), it's as if he's more comfortable operating in the criminal circles than in his own office. Personally I think Cohle has some demons regarding his little girl. I feel like maybe he's the reason she's dead and has created a world where that's better than the alternative just so he could cope. That's assuming she actually died that way, and wasn't kidnapped and killed, or something along those lines.
    Yeah, Cohle's only semblance of normalcy (off the clock) has been in the presence of Maggie. After the first ep I thought it was a foregone conclusion that they'd end up having an affair, but not so sure now. In the 2nd ep he alludes to having another fiancee that Maggie introduced him to. His lows are deeper than Hart's, but he's altogether more balanced--at least up until this point.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gonna be weird with a whole new cast next year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Can't get that Handsome Family song outta my head.

Thread Information