Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Rust is not a copycat. He's not in on it. Nic Pizzolatto knew that people would think Rust was in on it, and he integrated it into the plot. I don't know how anybody could believe that Rust is a part of the cult after the last episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    I'm already convinced that Rust has gone full vigilante/undercover the past 10 yrs.

"once he starts drinking, anything he says in that room is inadmissible"

Nick Pizzolatto with the goods...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    solid review of ep 5

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    boing boing has great recaps and musings about the show as well. much better quality writing than gawker ffs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great ep this last week. Doubt Cohle is in on it. Pretty obvious his current state is part of his "ruse" and still working the case in 2012. Thinking Marty is helping him still and their "falling out" was all for show.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    From a storytelling perspective, the last episode felt like Pizzolatto clearly telling us both that the present day cops suspect Cohle and that they're wrong. To go directly from them finally making their case in both interrogations to scenes of Cohle investigating by himself and on his own time (when he's not being watched and, therefore, doesn't need to be putting on a show) can't have been an accident. I don't think there's supposed to be any ambiguity there.

I'm inclined to agree with the general theories that Cohle's time off the grid has been spent deep undercover and working the case on his own. I also find it plausible that there are higher ups connected and that Cohle wanted to make himself a suspect on purpose, but I'm not married to that idea. The biggest mystery to me is the current status of the relationship between Hart and Cohle. There have been enough seeds planted to support either their falling out or their secretly working the case together.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rumor has it is the reason for Hart and Cohle fall out is due to an altercation where Cohle presents evidence Hart isn't willing to listen to. i.e. Hart father in law being a part of the cult involved in the murders. Cohle becomes threatened and after he can't turn to Hart anymore for support, he abandons the force and investigates on his own.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So I guess Gilbough and Papania are in cahoots with the higher ups

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Rumor has it is the reason for Hart and Cohle fall out is due to an altercation where Cohle presents evidence Hart isn't willing to listen to. i.e. Hart father in law being a part of the cult involved in the murders. Cohle becomes threatened and after he can't turn to Hart anymore for support, he abandons the force and investigates on his own.
    Something like that plus maybe Cohle's boning/coming close to boning Hart's wife IMO. No wedding band on Hart's finger in 2012.

I was trying to tie that into the beer can people. I don't remember any of them being prone like in the daughter's diorama. Maybe that's Cohle along with Hart's family?

So I guess Gilbough and Papania are in cahoots with the higher ups
    Just doing their jobs IMO. Seems pretty clear someone with access is covering up missing children's records and those kids are probably the victims in the 17 year interim. That will be a good reason for Cohle's going deep cover/off the grid, and Hart either spurns him in 02 or is working the longest game in police history.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I don't want to go too deep in the Yella King thing, but whoever reads the second act of that play goes insane and is lost in despair.

Looks like only one guy read it.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pumped for tonight!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    obsessed with this show.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've already marathon'ed the season about 3 times and watched the last 2 episodes about 5 times each. The easter eggs and foreshadowing brings back those Breaking Bad memories.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sorry, I couldn't listen to the limp wristed got in purple.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Everybody has already covered the pros of th show, but I ing love the background music, tbh..

Every scene is perfectly done and the background always suits the mood perfectly, makes more suspenseful and intense to compliment both Cohle and Hart's respective personalities..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great ep this last week. Doubt Cohle is in on it. Pretty obvious his current state is part of his "ruse" and still working the case in 2012. Thinking Marty is helping him still and their "falling out" was all for show.
    They made it too obvious that he was a suspect from the get go. It will be disappointing from a suspense standpoint if Rust is indeed the ringleader.

Seems to me that many of the issues that the investigators have is because of the inconsistencies from their writtne accounts and what they actually did. Like the robbery in the hood when he went overcover to apprehend the guy that gave the cook up first. There is a fair bit of dramatic irony as the investigators su ions are juxtaposed with what they actually did. Sure they were lying about going to see his father and going on leave but it wasn't because they were perpetrating the crime.

The question at that point is if what we are shown is indeed what happened or if it is just a rendition of what they claimed to have happened.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I don't think Cohle is in on it. The series has shown him put so much work into trying to solve the case it would just seem like a dumb move to make. I could actually see Hart having a connection. To it all before Cohle at this point.

Something is going on with Marty's daughter situation that we haven't really seen yet. How did his oldest become all goth? Before that why was she writing those graphic images in her journal and then the doll scene as well. I think there is a connection to it all through her and some past abuse or something.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They made it too obvious that he was a suspect from the get go. It will be disappointing from a suspense standpoint if Rust is indeed the ringleader.

Seems to me that many of the issues that the investigators have is because of the inconsistencies from their writtne accounts and what they actually did. Like the robbery in the hood when he went overcover to apprehend the guy that gave the cook up first. There is a fair bit of dramatic irony as the investigators su ions are juxtaposed with what they actually did. Sure they were lying about going to see his father and going on leave but it wasn't because they were perpetrating the crime.

The question at that point is if what we are shown is indeed what happened or if it is just a rendition of what they claimed to have happened.
    I believe the writer/creator of the show did a interview and said that everything that we see in the flashbacks is what actually happened, not just a rendition of how Rust/Hart are remembering the events.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's most definitely not Cohle. The writer said there are no surprises in how the story will end. So no crazy ending twist that Cohle is the killer and made everything up. Cohle has been deep undercover through all this and cannot not come clean to law enforcement in fear that they are connected too.

I see Hart daughter being molested by the father in law and him being a part of the cult. Hart being in the dark about all this will have a falling out with Cohle once he confronts him with evidence and that his father in law is involved. is about to get real in the next episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "I want you to me in the ass"

Anyone else have to watch that more than once?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I love this show more than my unborn children...fanboi for life. I was actually fist-pumping like a bag when Rust flagged Marty down at the end.
    Last edited by DeadlyDynasty; 02-23-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    "Actually, you buy me a beer."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    "I want you to me in the ass"

Anyone else have to watch that more than once?
    Much hotter than that crazier chick he was ing in ep 2 with the big gazongas

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And what state police officer would put nude photos on his phone when he's married and already a known offender? He'd have erased that. If she can find it you know damn well he could as well.

Man I thought Rust had more stamina than that though, I wanted to see some Robert DeNiro "Cape Fear" ing.

Thread Information