Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think 3yrs/12-15M will get it done. The bigger question is whether the Spurs will be willing to pay that much for a backup PG if that's what it takes to keep him.
    I would actually pay that if I was the Spurs. For the reasons we are already talking about. PGs don't just pop up all the time and while Mills is not a true PG, he is a lot better than Neal was in that role. Plus, Mills showed his work ethic this past summer and there is no reason he won't continue striving to improve. With Tony needing the rest time, I like the value we get with Mills. I think he is much more important than Neal and has value on both sides of the ball.

Danny Granger cost himself so much damned money this past season. I can't imagine he doesn't sign for near the minimum now. Maybe Dallas would pay a couple million to try to catch lightening in a bottle.
    I first read this as Danny GREEN and I could not figure out for the life of me what you were talking about. Glad I read it again before I went off.

Well, the Spurs still only have one actual PG who isn't Cory Joseph. Miami can't seem to find one, either.
    I have been wondering, if we do feel confident that we can re-sign Mills, could Joseph be moved? I don't want to change just for the sake of change, but could he be a part of bringing in another valuable asset at the 3 or 5, or could he help us move up in the draft? Just some thoughts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would actually pay that if I was the Spurs. For the reasons we are already talking about. PGs don't just pop up all the time and while Mills is not a true PG, he is a lot better than Neal was in that role. Plus, Mills showed his work ethic this past summer and there is no reason he won't continue striving to improve. With Tony needing the rest time, I like the value we get with Mills. I think he is much more important than Neal and has value on both sides of the ball.
    I absolutely agree with your evaluation of Patty's performance, work ethic, and role with the current squad. How much they're willing to pay him could provide some very good insight into how much they value the ability to create significant cap space in the summer of 2015.

Right now, Tiago's salary is the only significant number on 2015-2016 payroll. So the Spurs are positioned to make a significant free agent acquisition if we assume that Duncan and Ginobili retire after next season. That payroll can quickly fill up as decisions are made on Diaw, Mills, and possible extensions for Parker and Leonard. If all those deals are done this summer and all come in at the higher end of expected salaries, and they use the full MLE this summer and they plan on keeping Green, then the ability to create sufficient cap space next summer could quickly evaporate. It's entirely possible, and entirely consistent with team payroll management history, that they do just that. By the end of this summer, the 2015 cap space could be all but gone and the opportunity for significant cap space rolled forward to the summer of 2017. In that scenario, they can easily pay to keep Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Amick @sam_amick
    Addendum No. 2 on Houston (a day after No. 1):Agent Aaron Goodwin says Francisco Garcia still intends to pass up $1.3 ml option for '14-15

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Suns' Channing Frye has 'til Monday to decide to play next season at $6.8 mil w/PHX or opt out. Source: "99 percent" he chooses free agency

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, Tiago's salary is the only significant number on 2015-2016 payroll. So the Spurs are positioned to make a significant free agent acquisition if we assume that Duncan and Ginobili retire after next season. That payroll can quickly fill up as decisions are made on Diaw, Mills, and possible extensions for Parker and Leonard. If all those deals are done this summer and all come in at the higher end of expected salaries, and they use the full MLE this summer and they plan on keeping Green, then the ability to create sufficient cap space next summer could quickly evaporate. It's entirely possible, and entirely consistent with team payroll management history, that they do just that. By the end of this summer, the 2015 cap space could be all but gone and the opportunity for significant cap space rolled forward to the summer of 2017. In that scenario, they can easily pay to keep Patty.
    This is probably the most likely scenario. It doesn't make sense to break this team up when Duncan and Ginobili retire or because of the unlikelihood of a max player signing with them . . . and by the off chance one indicated they wanted to, it shouldn't be overly difficult to make it work.

As long as they sign Millsap or someone of that ilk, a top eight of Splitter, Millsap, Leonard, Green, Parker, Belinelli, Diaw and Mills, it still the makings of a good team. Not a legit contender, but a second tier one. It may not sound all that appealing, but short of a full on re-build where they get lucky in the lottery, the odds of building anything more is unlikely. So they might as well ride out the primes of Parker, Splitter and Diaw, before resorting to that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that Duncan will play two more years so for me trying to get number 6 is priority over saving cap space. Still be smart with the cap but as far as the draft I would not be surprised if we trade a player to move up and get someone we like.

Either way we keep this team and just add Bertrans and I think that if healthy we can do some major damage in playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preferred back up small forwards:

1.Al-Farouq Aminu
    2.Marvin Williams
    3.Shawn Marion
    4.Vince Carter
    5.Mike Miller
    6.Wesley Johnson
    7.CJ Miles
    8.Xavier Henry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento Kings small forward Rudy Gay has decided against becoming a free agent and will instead exercise the player option for the 2014-15 season worth $19.3 million, two people with knowledge of the situation confirmed to USA TODAY Sports.

http://www.news10.net/story/sports/n...ings/11243081/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento Kings small forward Rudy Gay has decided against becoming a free agent and will instead exercise the player option for the 2014-15 season worth $19.3 million, two people with knowledge of the situation confirmed to USA TODAY Sports.

Smart move. He's still young enough for this not to matter in getting a new long term deal next year, and he needs to consolidate and continue his improvements from last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smart move. He's still young enough for this not to matter in getting a new long term deal next year, and he needs to consolidate and continue his improvements from last year.
    True. Plus, if LeBron opts in for this season, there will more teams with max cap space next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not too sure what people really see in McRoberts.Sure he can stretch the floor to a degree and has some toughness about him, but his shot selection and BBIQ on both ends is pretty terrible. Not a fan.
    i've got to say i never noticed a problem in his shot selection tbh, i've always considered the bad offense of charlotte to be exclusively kemba's tiness fault. perhaps i've misjudged..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1.Al-Farouq Aminu
    2.Marvin Williams
    3.Shawn Marion
    4.Vince Carter
    5.Mike Miller
    6.Wesley Johnson
    7.CJ Miles
    8.Xavier Henry
    damn, that's one awful bunch..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, that's one awful bunch..
    Vince Carter ... Mike Miller both likely to take the minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL. Why in the world would he think he could make that kind of money on the market again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1.Al-Farouq Aminu
    2.Marvin Williams
    3.Shawn Marion
    4.Vince Carter
    5.Mike Miller
    6.Wesley Johnson
    7.CJ Miles
    8.Xavier Henry
    Aminu and Johnson are my favs. I call Johnson the Kawhi killa. He had a pretty nasty block on Kawhi, early in the season. And he hit that game winner in the at&t, while he was a sun. He's good against the spurs.

I don't know as much about Aminu outside of his 2k game. But everytime i've seen him, he's athletic and hustles. And he looks like he has a good wingspan. I'm always on the lookout for him in fantasy league, when Davis gets hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be pretty surprised to see a younger SF sign with the Spurs in order to back up Leonard. I think the actual choices on that list are Shawn Marion, Vince Carter and Mike Miller.

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see AK-47 on the Spurs (if he opts out, that is). I think he'd be a perfect fit. Experience of leadership in the international game is, like, soooo us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see AK-47 on the Spurs (if he opts out, that is). I think he'd be a perfect fit. Experience of leadership in the international game is, like, soooo us.
    I wanted AK-47 to sign last year. But after seeing how he did with the Nets, I'm not sure if he has anything left to contribute.

Vince Carter on the other hand, he was the 2nd best player against the Spurs. He's got a good relationship with Danny Green and he's quite respected by the other Spurs. If he wants a ring, then he's signing with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David AldridgeVerified account ‏@daldridgetnt

Andrei Kirilenko opts in with Brooklyn for next season at $3.3M, per source. Second year of two-year deal worth $6.5M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN
    Mo Williams has informed Portland that he will become a free agent, agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aminu and Johnson are my favs. I call Johnson the Kawhi killa. He had a pretty nasty block on Kawhi, early in the season. And he hit that game winner in the at&t, while he was a sun. He's good against the spurs.

I don't know as much about Aminu outside of his 2k game. But everytime i've seen him, he's athletic and hustles. And he looks like he has a good wingspan. I'm always on the lookout for him in fantasy league, when Davis gets hurt.
    Everytime you've seen him....in 2k?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver Nuggets @denvernuggets
    BREAKING: Darrell Arthur & Nate Robinson exercise their 2014-15 contract options. #BackInBlue on.nba.com/V5so60 pic.twitter.com/ItTtqE9nXB

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everytime you've seen him....in 2k?
    no. i saw him playing in an early season game against the spurs. the season before last. i remember him standing out. i have half a mind to dig out the 2013 aminu think tank thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    Yahoo Sources: Phoenix forward Channing Frye has opt-ed out of his contract, become unrestricted free agent. yhoo.it/1qtqEOs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs add a backup SF to the roster it's going to be a guy who doesn't mind racking up some DNP-CD's throughout the year. Francisco Garcia is still a decent option. He's played some really good defense in the past and he can hit the three.

Thread Information