Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs add a backup SF to the roster it's going to be a guy who doesn't mind racking up some DNP-CD's throughout the year. Francisco Garcia is still a decent option. He's played some really good defense in the past and he can hit the three.
    I still think Bertans, a draft pick, or maybe a ring-chasing veteran (in that order). I just don't know that we're going to be players for these mid-career SF's. I think that money will be spent on a PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wish we could unload Ayres and get a project 4 in here. Really the only request I have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't opt out after receiving the back door cash in Russia.

David AldridgeVerified account ‏@daldridgetnt

Andrei Kirilenko opts in with Brooklyn for next season at $3.3M, per source. Second year of two-year deal worth $6.5M.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't opt out after receiving the back door cash in Russia.
    Pretty much confirms it, too much back door cash to refuse.

Probably only target left is Vince Carter for the minimum. Any free-agent under 30 is likely going to cost too much for the Spurs.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4 min According to my man @Chris_Broussard, LeBron James' agent Rich Paul has informed Heat that LeBron will exercise early termination option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4 min According to my man @Chris_Broussard, LeBron James' agent Rich Paul has informed Heat that LeBron will exercise early termination option
    holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usually means that he's opting in. I wonder why it's reversed here.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since James for sure opted out, does anyone think RC gives his agent an exploratory call, or do the Spurs ignore it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way the Spurs can make space for LeBron right now, outside of drastic scenarios, so I don't see why they would bother.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't need the money, according to him that is not a consideration because he is financially great.
    So all it would take is making room for him.
    Of course, it won't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see him signing an MLE somewhere (LBJ). I keep hearing about Cleveland as a possible destination but isn't there bad blood between him and the owner there? Chicago maybe?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron is about bolstering his legacy as a player. He needs to win at least two more les and he has to be the main cog in doing so. Going to the Spurs as currently cons uted won't really do that for him as the Spurs are winning with team ball where the MVP could be multiple players. But if he wanted to go to a team that would make him a challenger year in year out, the Spurs are the only team with that track record for the last 17 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Haynes ‏@ChrisBHaynes 1h Guard Alan Anderson has yet to inform Nets but shortly he'll notify them he's opting out to become free agent, league source informs @CSNNW.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Haynes ‏@ChrisBHaynes 1h Guard Alan Anderson has yet to inform Nets but shortly he'll notify them he's opting out to become free agent, league source informs @CSNNW.
    He played pretty well for the Nets, unfortunately Spurs don't have the money to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed he's an underrated guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, if we're looking for a cheap veteran back-up SF, we could do worse than Shawn Marion. He shoots the ball pretty well and still has respectable defense. He is old...but as a one year rental at the minimum he'd be worth a look.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Chris Douglas Roberts?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion has been quoted as saying he wants to stay in Dallas. Said he will retire there when his career is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion would be an incredible fit, IMO, but he's in a great situation and his team in Dallas requires more from him than he would be allowed to do here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion has been quoted as saying he wants to stay in Dallas. Said he will retire there when his career is over.
    Have we heard something similar from Vince Carter? Carter has been on so many teams already, he's practically a mercenary.

Hmm.... a bad thought.... isn't Richard Jefferson also a free agent? What would the fans think if he's brought back for the minimum? He is already familiar with the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion would be great, but I think he stays in Dallas.

no to Alan Anderson. Dude is a massive chucker.

Someone mentioned Cisco Garcia. I actually think he would be a good addition as a SF vet to backup Leonard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have we heard something similar from Vince Carter? Carter has been on so many teams already, he's practically a mercenary.

Hmm.... a bad thought.... isn't Richard Jefferson also a free agent? What would the fans think if he's brought back for the minimum? He is already familiar with the system.
    Even for vet minimum, Jefferson was a negative on the team... do not want

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff Rhineer ‏@jeffrhineer 6m The Jazz extended a qualifying offer to Gordon Hayward. He's now a restricted free agent, the Jazz can match any offer he gets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff Rhineer ‏@jeffrhineer 6m The Jazz extended a qualifying offer to Gordon Hayward. He's now a restricted free agent, the Jazz can match any offer he gets
    This is the guy to watch to get a sense of what the baseline will be for a Leonard deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion would be great, but I think he stays in Dallas.

no to Alan Anderson. Dude is a massive chucker.

Someone mentioned Cisco Garcia. I actually think he would be a good addition as a SF vet to backup Leonard.
    I was on his bandwagon last summer when he was a free agent after his stellar play for the Rockets late in 2013.

Loved the intangibles he used to provide consistently -- smart heady player; gritty/tough compe or on the defensive end (had lateral quickness and length to effectively defend) ; above average 3 point shooter who can occasionally create when facing a hard close out from spot up opportunities.

However, he regressed a lot as the year went on this past season, as he was hampered by back and knee injuries-- which derailed the confidence in his play. By the playoffs, he looked really slow and broken-- to the point where he was no longer effective on either end of the court.

Maybe an off-season of rest could do him some help. But from what I saw in the latter stages of last season, I'd pass. Rather take a small gamble on a younger player with more upside via draft or Free Agency.

He is a good friend of Duncan's though.

Thread Information