Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After drafting Anderson, guaranteeing Daye's contract and making a QO to Baynes, the Spurs are very unlikely to spend the MLE, unless they lose Mills or Diaw. 14 roster spots taken.
    Assuming Bonner is re-signed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard talk of the Spurs one of many teams interested in Rashard Lewis?

Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo
    Heat free agent forward Rashard Lewis is expecting interest from Miami, Indiana, Oklahoma City, Toronto and San Antonio, a source said.
    Too old. Too uninterested in defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming Bonner is re-signed...
    Nope , if Bonner is re-signed too that makes a roster of 15 :

1. Duncan
    2. Parker
    3. Ginobili
    4. Kawhi
    5. Tiago
    6. Diaw
    7. Marco
    8. Mills
    9. Green
    10.Baynes
    11.CoJo
    12.Daye
    13.Ayers
    14.Anderson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope , if Bonner is re-signed too that makes a roster of 15 :

1. Duncan
    2. Parker
    3. Ginobili
    4. Kawhi
    5. Tiago
    6. Diaw
    7. Marco
    8. Mills
    9. Green
    10.Baynes
    11.CoJo
    12.Daye
    13.Ayers
    14.Anderson
    That's actually what I meant. They won't spend the MLE if Bonner is re-signed, because there wouldn't be a spot open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt they'd go with 15 guaranteed contracts and 0 open roster spots into the season. IMO they won't use the MLE even if they do not re-sign Bonner. Unless they trade away CoJo or Ayers for a TE somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt they'd go with 15 guaranteed contracts and 0 open roster spots into the season. IMO they won't use the MLE even if they do not re-sign Bonner. Unless they trade away CoJo or Ayers for a TE somewhere.
    I agree with those that view Daye as expendable. If the right FA opportunity presents itself, I believe that they'll sign that player and worry about the roster spot when they have to.

They're likely to be way below the tax threshold, so waiving a minimum contract is not out of the question. Malcolm Thomas' contract became fully guaranteed on January 10th and he was waived less than two weeks later. (The Spurs didn't have to eat his salary because Utah claimed Thomas, but they were ready to pay him off)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're likely to be way below the tax threshold, so waiving a minimum contract is not out of the question. Malcolm Thomas' contract became fully guaranteed on January 10th and he was waived less than two weeks later. (The Spurs didn't have to eat his salary because Utah claimed Thomas, but they were ready to pay him off)
    I whole-heartedly agree. I said this in another thread and had some strong opposition. But I think they're potentially taking a wait-and-see approach with Daye. If he flails then they can cut him.

I personally think that the Spurs probably try and spend the MLE and reload with a nice piece. However, holding onto that exception until the trade deadline and buyouts start happening might be very valuable. Every year there is a quality player that gets bought out, and being able to offer a chance at a championship and the full MLE would be huge. Most teams usually just have minimum contracts and maybe their BAE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I whole-heartedly agree. I said this in another thread and had some strong opposition. But I think they're potentially taking a wait-and-see approach with Daye. If he flails then they can cut him.

I personally think that the Spurs probably try and spend the MLE and reload with a nice piece. However, holding onto that exception until the trade deadline and buyouts start happening might be very valuable. Every year there is a quality player that gets bought out, and being able to offer a chance at a championship and the full MLE would be huge. Most teams usually just have minimum contracts and maybe their BAE.
    Plus there are always players who are aiming for an above-MLE contract who are left out when all the cap space dries up. Typically, the Spurs make their free agent moves early in the window. I think they'll busy themselves with Boris and Patty first and then survey the FA market after the cap space teams have used up all their bullets. There are likely to be players available for less than their predicted prices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gustavo Ayon did not receive a qualifying offer and becomes unrestricted free agent. Mike Scott and Shelvin Mack received offers.
    https://twitter.com/ajchawks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gustavo Ayon did not receive a qualifying offer and becomes unrestricted free agent. Mike Scott and Shelvin Mack received offers.
    https://twitter.com/ajchawks
    Decent insurance option if Bonner and Baynes are out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jodie Meeks to DET for 3yr/19Mil per Woj

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does any one on here know if James wants the max from all teams, except for Miami which he will take a pay cut for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus there are always players who are aiming for an above-MLE contract who are left out when all the cap space dries up. Typically, the Spurs make their free agent moves early in the window. I think they'll busy themselves with Boris and Patty first and then survey the FA market after the cap space teams have used up all their bullets. There are likely to be players available for less than their predicted prices.
    Frankly, I think the explanation for that is pretty simple. The Spurs obviously target very specific players for their system. Just because a player has talent doesn't mean he'd be a good fit and be able to exploit that talent in San Antonio. By making precise and targeted moves, the Spurs get the player they want. But waiting it out they obviously risk having money to spend but nobody worthy in their eyes of receiving it. So, it's a dice roll. But if we literally stayed pat and added nobody (but brought everyone else back) it's hard to really object too much with the results we've already achieved. Maybe it's worth the gamble?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does any one on here know if James wants the max from all teams, except for Miami which he will take a pay cut for?
    Not sure. He won't return my calls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, I think the explanation for that is pretty simple. The Spurs obviously target very specific players for their system. Just because a player has talent doesn't mean he'd be a good fit and be able to exploit that talent in San Antonio. By making precise and targeted moves, the Spurs get the player they want. But waiting it out they obviously risk having money to spend but nobody worthy in their eyes of receiving it. So, it's a dice roll. But if we literally stayed pat and added nobody (but brought everyone else back) it's hard to really object too much with the results we've already achieved. Maybe it's worth the gamble?
    If they can retain Boris and Patty, then I think it is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what if we have the roster spots left, especially if Cotton sticks... But for me - I can't think of anyone more perfect to offer 2 years at full MLE to other than Shawn Marion.

Have Spurs used any part of the MLE yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what if we have the roster spots left, especially if Cotton sticks... But for me - I can't think of anyone more perfect to offer 2 years at full MLE to other than Shawn Marion.

Have Spurs used any part of the MLE yet?
    Would be a great option tbh... But if they dont start Boris and make him the backup 4 I doubt there's enough minutes for someone like him...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be a great option tbh... But if they dont start Boris and make him the backup 4 I doubt there's enough minutes for someone like him...
    I agree with that. I would think they could play Marion as backup SF/PF. Without going through a thorough analysis - I'm sure they can find 18-20mins for him per night. Let's not forget, Marion will be turning 37 in May 2015. 18 minutes on a contender could be exactly what he's looking for at age 36/37/38.

The greatest benefit of a guy like Marion is one more player that can guard KD come playoff time. Although Kawhi has shown he can take on major defensive responsibilities and continue scoring on the other end, it's probably not the desired way to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting insider article by Pelton about next year FAs :

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topi...cy-milsap-dmc/

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting insider article by Pelton about next year FAs :

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topi...cy-milsap-dmc/
    Chinook: Howzabout starting a "General 2015 Free Agency Discussion" thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook: Howzabout starting a "General 2015 Free Agency Discussion" thread?
    Not yet. One, we're still in this FA period. Two, Bruno didn't start this thread until January. That's about when I'll start the next one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs signed Tony Parker to a 3 year max extension

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs signed Tony Parker to a 3 year max extension
    ... TSpence, is that you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jamaal Franklin (SDSU) and formerly of the Grizzlies was just recently waived. I loved him when he was drafted, but am not sure how he's favored as a pro. A solid buy low candidate on the wings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jamaal Franklin (SDSU) and formerly of the Grizzlies was just recently waived. I loved him when he was drafted, but am not sure how he's favored as a pro. A solid buy low candidate on the wings.
    Coming out of college his shooting was a big question mark but he's hit 37% in the D League on over 4 attempts per game. I'd love to bring him in, surprised he hasn't been linked to us by the media. He seems exactly the kind of player Spurs like to bring in.

Thread Information