Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So CSKA Moscow's Milos Teodosic would be willing to make the leap to the NBA if he got a multi-year deal averaging in excess of $3 Million per annum. If the Spurs end up doing a roster-clearing trade for a forward or center, I wouldn't mind using the MLE on him at all. He's considered to be a star in Europe, though his actual numbers leave something to be desired. As a replacement for Beli and then Manu, he'd be about as good as it gets. The only problem is that he seems to be concerned with having a big role, and that wouldn't happen this year.

The good news is that he's still under contract this year, so it's likely he'll still be around next summer when the roster is clearer. With Messina (Teodosic's former coach, I believe) on staff and a strong reputation with the international community, I think the team would have a great chance at getting him if they want him. He may even take the room exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So CSKA Moscow's Milos Teodosic would be willing to make the leap to the NBA if he got a multi-year deal averaging in excess of $3 Million per annum. If the Spurs end up doing a roster-clearing trade for a forward or center, I wouldn't mind using the MLE on him at all. He's considered to be a star in Europe, though his actual numbers leave something to be desired. As a replacement for Beli and then Manu, he'd be about as good as it gets. The only problem is that he seems to be concerned with having a big role, and that wouldn't happen this year.

The good news is that he's still under contract this year, so it's likely he'll still be around next summer when the roster is clearer. With Messina (Teodosic's former coach, I believe) on staff and a strong reputation with the international community, I think the team would have a great chance at getting him if they want him. He may even take the room exception.
    He signed a new three year deal on June 30th. FWIW, this article says there is no opt out clause:

By Nikos Varlas/ [email protected]

Milos Teodosic agreed to extend his contract with CSKA for the next three years! The 27 years old Serbian guard will continue to be among the leaders of the team in its backcourt until the summer of 2017.

Teodosic feels comfortable at Moscow and his wish was to renew his contract. However, his salary won’t be as high as in his previous three years contract, which was signed back on 2011. As it turned out, the new coach of the team, Dimitris Itoudis trusts him and he wanted Milos to stay at Moscow.

During last season until his injury Milos had a pretty good year and the front office of the club was also willing to give Milos one more chance to lead the team to the Euroleague top. So, though his career in Moscow after his transfer from Olympiacos in 2011 is marked so far with three Final Four failures, Teodosic will stay in CSKA in order to finally make things happen under coach Itoudis’ instructions.

UPDATE: The new three year is signed on Sunday with Milos Teodosic getting a guaranteed deal for the next three seasons without any opt out clause.

http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/06/dunks/51753

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He signed a new three year deal on June 30th. FWIW, this article says there is no opt out clause
    Yeah, I read that last night as well. I'm not sure if he can be bought out, though. It seems possible, since he said in an interview that he'd leave if he didn't think he was in CSKA's plans for the future. My guess is that the team would be willing to accept a buyout, especially if the team takes a sizable step back after losing Messina. Teodosic is slated to make $7 Million over the next three years, which is pocket change in the NBA. I could definitely seem him being willing to jump if the money is good enough.

I find it strange that all these NBA rumors just resurfaced. I also find it strange that he took a pay cut to re-sign with the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I read that last night as well. I'm not sure if he can be bought out, though. It seems possible, since he said in an interview that he'd leave if he didn't think he was in CSKA's plans for the future. My guess is that the team would be willing to accept a buyout, especially if the team takes a sizable step back after losing Messina. Teodosic is slated to make $7 Million over the next three years, which is pocket change in the NBA. I could definitely seem him being willing to jump if the money is good enough.

I find it strange that all these NBA rumors just resurfaced. I also find it strange that he took a pay cut to re-sign with the team.
    I guess we'll stay tuned. In addition to the upcoming roster vacancies, he played under Messina for the last two seasons and Pop can speak his native language, so he would seem to fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teodosic is a good player but he strikes me as the kind of euroleague player whose game wouldn't transition too well to the NBA. As a 27/28 yr old star in euroleague he's also unlikely to accept a backup PG role for the foreseeable future, nor would the Spurs pay as much as needed to get him for such a role. He won't be able to play SG in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's not til next year, but how much do you think Stoudemire will get next year? He could play with Splitter because of his mid range jumper but I'd worry about his defence next to Diaw.

Obviously depends on what we'd want to do with resigning players, but if we want to roll over our cap space to 2016 we could do worse than giving Amar'e a $10m/1yr deal. No idea how to gauge what his value is in free agency, when he's healthy he's still a useful player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't say at all. If he's healthy, he could get a two-year deal averaging $10-13 Million. If he has another hurt season, he may be looking at a min deal. If healthy, he'd be a good piece to get, but I wouldn't consider him enough of a get to feel confident about the team without Duncan and Ginobili. The team would also need to get a bench player who can lead that unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't say at all. If he's healthy, he could get a two-year deal averaging $10-13 Million. If he has another hurt season, he may be looking at a min deal. If healthy, he'd be a good piece to get, but I wouldn't consider him enough of a get to feel confident about the team without Duncan and Ginobili. The team would also need to get a bench player who can lead that unit.
    The Amar'e plan was assuming that at least Duncan comes back. If both Timmy and Manu retire we have cap space to throw a max deal at Aldridge or Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Amar'e plan was assuming that at least Duncan comes back. If both Timmy and Manu retire we have cap space to throw a max deal at Aldridge or Gasol.
    Having money and getting the player are different things, though. STAT has to be near the top of the list after the star PFs go off the board. After LMA and Love, Amare would probably be third behind Lopez and O'Quinn for bigs I'd want the team to target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beasley and Franklin are both going to China ... Imo they should have made room to add them, not like Beli and Bonner are that reliable...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beasley and Franklin are both going to China ... Imo they should have made room to add them, not like Beli and Bonner are that reliable...
    Liked the idea of Franklin. Glad he's not going to another NBA team. He'll be available again in March, and the Spurs should be able to outbid everyone else/provide a multi-year contract if he has a good season. Not sad about Beasley, though I don't dislike him the way some on here do. Interested to see what Anderson does in the few minutes he gets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Celtics might waive Vitor Faverani?
    I didn't know he was also a Brazilian center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston about to waive Will Bynum.

He isn't a bad backup PG ! Too bad he can't shoot from deep. Otherwise, he would be a decent a addition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston about to waive Will Bynum.

He isn't a bad backup PG ! Too bad he can't shoot from deep. Otherwise, he would be a decent a addition.
    Except we've already got 15 guaranteed contracts. It's real easy for Spursfan to spend their money by saying "just cut someone", but that's extremely unlikely just to sign a short term bench replacement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except we've already got 15 guaranteed contracts. It's real easy for Spursfan to spend their money by saying "just cut someone", but that's extremely unlikely just to sign a short term bench replacement.
    Yeah I know that. But depending on the player, it might be worth it (not saying it's the case of Bynum). Last season they cut Malcom Thomas and he had a fully guaranteed contract. Ayres and Daye would probably be the most likely candidates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quincy Miller got released by Denver. I know some people here wanted him as a trade target. Well, now he's out there for anyone to get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I know that. But depending on the player, it might be worth it (not saying it's the case of Bynum). Last season they cut Malcom Thomas and he had a fully guaranteed contract. Ayres and Daye would probably be the most likely candidates.
    That was a perfect storm of Green/Kawhi/Manu all getting hurt in an overlapping timeframe with at least two of them out at a time. They essentially had Beli, DeColo and the portly Diaw as their wing cadre. They also didn't end up eating his contract, as Utah picked him up off waivers. They'll have a much easier time with training camp and the preseason to figure out how to cover Patty's 18-19 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FTR

Doron Lamb, Bernard James and Ivan Johnson got waived by the Mavs ! Plus the Raps waived Jordan Hamilton

Some interesting names !

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your thoughts Spurs faithful.

looks as if Jimmy Butler is available summer next. Not sure Bulls have the flexibility they may need in cap.
    if we had Butler and Kawhi would we monster teams for the next decade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your thoughts Spurs faithful.

looks as if Jimmy Butler is available summer next. Not sure Bulls have the flexibility they may need in cap.
    if we had Butler and Kawhi would we monster teams for the next decade?
    Jimmy Butler will be restricted. Like San Antonio with Kawhi, CHI just wants to see what the market is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmy Butler will be restricted. Like San Antonio with Kawhi, CHI just wants to see what the market is.
    I'm not sure Butler is quite so cut and dry for the Bulls. A Parsons 2+1 max might be enough to get him from the Bulls as they'd almost certainly be forced in to the tax to match it, although it's clearly an overpay.

The Thunder are in a similar situation with Reggie Jackson. With Mills and Parker I don't see us needing him, but if the Thunder are still operating under the premise of avoiding the tax at all costs then they would almost certainly not match a max offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yer, I wondered about something back ended that may hamper Bulls. When Deng went down Butler got his chance and his improvement ongoing in a short timespan has been something else.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should probably rename this thread to 2015?

Thread will become relevant if TD and Manu decide to retire this after this season, as the Spurs will have max money to lure a sidekick for KL.

Some intrguiging bigs available next summer:

Aldridge
    M. Gasol
    Monroe
    Milsap

TP-KL-LA core, with green and Tiagos would be a solid starting 5 in a post TD/Manu world.

Thread Information