Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the winning factor, the thing about playing for a contender, would it be something important for you apart from the money?

AS: I mean I've accomplished so much during my career – six-time All-Star to Rookie of the Year to FIBA Americas gold medal games to bronze medal at the Olympics to All-NBA First team... I've accomplished a lot in my career... I think the next phase in my career is to win a championship. So I want to do whatever I can from a basketball standpoint to improve as a player, to get better on both ends of the basketball court, to be an intricate part to a championship-caliber team.
    http://hoopshype.com/interviews/barr...a-championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No contract that Amare signs from here out will ever be able to be insured because of his chronic health issues. The Spurs will not take the chance of having to eat an entire non-insured contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm warming to the idea of Austin Rivers. He's got that Danny Green slow development curve thing going on. He's improved each season, can defend, and handle the ball and distribute reasonably well. He's playing 21 minutes, scoring 8.4 pts, dishing 2.6 assists, and grabbing 1.8 boards. His FG% is 57.4, and his 3G% is 41.7. He'll be unrestricted since NO didn't pick up his year 4 option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still watching Brandan Wright. His PER, +/-, and FG% percentage are off the charts, and his block/foul ratio is great, playing 18 mpg. He's a late bloomer who's just peaking, and nobody's better at using role players in match ups than Pop. If Duncan were to come back for one more year and play 25 mpg, Wright would platoon perfectly with Splitter and Diaw.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm warming to the idea of Austin Rivers. He's got that Danny Green slow development curve thing going on. He's improved each season, can defend, and handle the ball and distribute reasonably well. He's playing 21 minutes, scoring 8.4 pts, dishing 2.6 assists, and grabbing 1.8 boards. His FG% is 57.4, and his 3G% is 41.7. He'll be unrestricted since NO didn't pick up his year 4 option.
    Rivers has looked good so far, but it's 7 or 8 games (and 170 minutes). He's shooting a fg% 17% above his career average. Other than that, there's not much different about him. Let's see if he can keep that up...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another interesting free agent who wouldn't be very expensive would be Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. His stock has dropped since the days when Kevin Durant called him the best defender in the league, but in the right situation, he could still be very valuable, especially for a relatively low price. Imagine the defensive intensity of a small ball line up of Green, Leonard, and Mbah a Moute...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still watching Brandan Wright. His PER, +/-, and FG% percentage are off the charts, and his block/foul ratio is great, playing 18 mpg. He's a late bloomer who's just peaking, and nobody's better at using role players in match ups than Pop. If Duncan were to come back for one more year and play 25 mpg, Wright would platoon perfectly with Splitter and Diaw.
    I like Wright, but he seems to have found a home in Dallas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whattabout Kirilenko? looks like he is out of the rotation for the nets, but just experience like imho would be an improvement over an Ayers/Daye combo. I think he took a low salary, so he should just be available via trade ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should probably rename this thread to 2015?
    I'm still waiting on making that one. Bruno waited until January to make this one, but I'm thinking I'll go for next month, because this is shaping up to be the most important FA period in a long time for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do wish the Spurs could have traded Ayres and a second for Rivers in the off-season. He would have been a pretty good player to have right now with Cory hurt, and in 2015, he'd've been a great fit between Mills and Anderson as the bench perimeter crew. The problem is that he's probably going to be overpaid in the summer. Unless the Spurs get a sweet deal on a FA big man, they won't be able to afford to pay that much coin for an eighth or ninth man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still waiting on making that one. Bruno waited until January to make this one, but I'm thinking I'll go for next month, because this is shaping up to be the most important FA period in a long time for the Spurs.
    Much appreciated. While you're at it, we'd also appreciate it if you could make a 2015 Draft Discussion thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do wish the Spurs could have traded Ayres and a second for Rivers in the off-season. He would have been a pretty good player to have right now with Cory hurt, and in 2015, he'd've been a great fit between Mills and Anderson as the bench perimeter crew. The problem is that he's probably going to be overpaid in the summer. Unless the Spurs get a sweet deal on a FA big man, they won't be able to afford to pay that much coin for an eighth or ninth man.
    Being unrestricted, and not a big man, I really don't see teams throwing a boatload of cash at Rivers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being unrestricted, and not a big man, I really don't see teams throwing a boatload of cash at Rivers.
    Yeah, but I see him getting more than the room exception, which is what's important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rivers sucks - has anyone actually watched him play a string of games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm liking Paul Millsap more and more... His assist numbers have improved steadily throughout his career to the point where he now ranks as one of the best PF assist guys in the league. He might really thrive in the Spurs' system. His rebounding is good, but not outstanding. His +/- numbers have been good, and he is beginning to consistently shoot the 3 at a respectable percentage. He also currently leads the NBA in steals per game. I'm kind of assuming that Aldridge & Gasol are not coming to San Antonio, in which case a less expensive Millsap might be the next best option.
    Last edited by Mr Bones; 12-08-2014 at 02:51 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'm all in on Millsap this summer. I love Gasol, and would absolutely be willing to offer him every scrap of cap space we have. But I don't see him leaving Memphis, and on the 5% chance he does, I'm not sure the spurs would even be the front runners there. I honestly wanted Millsap over Splitter two summers ago, and while I've been incredibly happy with Splitter and both his contract and production in general, I'm even more in on Millsap now. I don't see how he doesn't fit almost perfectly with what this spurs team would look like going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Draymond Green. He's having a great year, and will be a restricted free agent next summer, but Golden State is already on the hook for nearly $79 million next season. If they can't unload David Lee, they would have to pay some pretty significant payroll taxes in order to keep Green. He might become the first sacrifice that Golden State has to make after signing Curry and Thompson to big contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The similaries between Millsap and Draymond Green are kind of uncanny. Here are their measuements:

Millsap
    Height w/ shoes: 6'7.25"
    Wingspan: 7'1.5"
    Standing reach: 8'9.5"

Green
    Height w/ shoes: 6'7.5"
    Wingspan:7'1.25"
    Standing reach: 8'9"

Stats this season:

Millsap
    33.8 mpg, 16.5 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 47.4 FG%, 36.2 3ptFG%, 3 apg, 2.1 spg, 0.8 bpg

Green
    32.5 mpg, 13.5 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 46.2 FG%, 36.8 3ptFG%, 2.9 apg, 1.2 spg, 1.1 bpg

The Warriors play at a faster pace than the Hawks, but they're also much deeper as a team with more scorers. It's rare to find two players with this many physical and statistical similarities. The major difference is weight, with Millsap at 258, and Green at 236, and age, with Millsap being 29 and Green being 24.
    Last edited by Mr Bones; 12-14-2014 at 12:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're a stat junky, you can waste a lot of hours looking at www.basketball-reference.com. Here's a side by side comparison of four potential free agents and two current Spurs:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...5&p6=afflaar01

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spurs should go after Bargnani. Before anybody say he sucks, I will say it. He sucks. But he`ll be cheap as , with italian coach here I think he`d like to reload on his career in good team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spurs should go after Bargnani. Before anybody say he sucks, I will say it. He sucks. But he`ll be cheap as , with italian coach here I think he`d like to reload on his career in good team.
    Well he can probably replace Daye. Or is he worse?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he can probably replace Daye. Or is he worse?
    I dont know. I rather thought as backup center with potential 3pt shot, to replace Ayers, Bonner and Banger in any minute they are getting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two words:
    XAVIER. HENRY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two words:
    XAVIER. HENRY.
    A ruptured Achilles is never good for a player who relies on athleticism.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Teltovxc

Thread Information