Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only that, I feel like he's going to get massively overpaid this summer. He's a good player who can make things happen, but he's an unrestricted free agent and some team will offer him $10m/yr or more.
    10M a year for Stephenson would be an absolute bargain, with the Spurs he'd become an All Star for sure, look at the SG position right now and look at what he can do (which is everything)... TP Stephenson Green Kawhi Diaw would be a great core to compete in the post Duncan/Manu era...

"true" Spurs fan logic : TVag who got hacked successfully at age 27 and was the worst player in the Finals is worth 10M but that'd be a massive mistake to give that kind of money to triple double threat like Stephenson who hasn't hit his prime yet... But but but you don't understand he's a "true Spurs"... Ok then...

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently Stephenson is 28th in WS.
    The 28th highest salary this year is $14,100,538 (Tyson Chandler).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently Stephenson is 28th in WS.
    The 28th highest salary this year is $14,100,538 (Tyson Chandler).
    Lance will get paid. Probably overpaid. Fortunately, not by the Spurs.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baam...why do you like cancers so much? First JR Smith now Stephenson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baam...why do you like cancers so much? First JR Smith now Stephenson?
    Eric Gordon, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do I like talented players, well you saw in the OKC game why, then again you're probably happy enough with regular season championships so it's all good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do I like talented players, well you saw in the OKC game why, then again you're probably happy enough with regular season championships so it's all good
    Yeah, because Smith, Gordon and Stephenson have to rent out other people's hands to have enough room for all their rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As opposed to the great Derrick Williams?...

Guards don't win championships but Smith and Stephenson can play both ends at a level way way way higher that Mills Beli... I always hated Mills and Beli failed to convince... Reggie Jackson who plays both ends is 100 times more valuable than them IN THE POs... But hey what do I know... I'm just a random troll on a message board...

I stand by the Stephenson idea even more than before the Thunder game... We can resume the debate after the POs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Guards don't win championships but Smith and Stephenson can play both ends at a level way way way higher that Mills Beli... I always hated Mills and Beli failed to convince... Reggie Jackson who plays both ends is 100 times more valuable than them IN THE POs... But hey what do I know... I'm just a random troll on a message board...

I stand by the Stephenson idea even more than before the Thunder game... We can resume the debate after the POs...
    There's no outcome to the playoffs that makes Stephenson an FA target for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wanted to trade Bonner for Williams. That's completely different from trading Green or Beli for the right to pay Stephson eight figures. It would have filled a position of semi-need with a talented prospect for the price of almost nothing. At best, Stephenson would have been a lateral move and most likely, he would hurt both sides of the court with his system-busting ways.

Stephenson will never make sense for these Spurs. If the Big Three and Pop all depart after this season, maybe they sign him to lead the team to the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. The post Duncan era will be about getting another system buster like Manu anyways, might as well get him one year early to put us over the top...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Triple double in a win over OKc for Lance Stephenson 17pts 10rebs 11ast 4to 1blk, beast... Carrying GHill and Hibbert who combined for 3pts to a win... On 70%FG as well...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no outcome to the playoffs that makes Stephenson an FA target for the Spurs.
    Triple double in a win over OKc for Lance Stephenson 17pts 10rebs 11ast 4to 1blk, beast... Carrying GHill and Hibbert who combined for 3pts to a win... On 70%FG as well...
    And there's no collection of game stats that makes Stephenson an FA target for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked somewhere else and somebody deleted it, what about Biedrins? Is he totally washed up? The guy is a 7 footer and still in his 20's and was just cut a couple of weeks ago. May be better than Baynes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked somewhere else and somebody deleted it, what about Biedrins? Is he totally washed up? The guy is a 7 footer and still in his 20's and was just cut a couple of weeks ago. May be better than Baynes?
    Biedrins got paid and gave up on the game. Honestly, to shoot 24% from the FT line over the past 4 years (20-84 FTM-FTA) is just laziness. $54m for 6 years work, dude flat out robbed Golden State.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will use MLE on some vet. Gasol, Marion, Humphries, Ariza, maybe Paul Pierce if he fails in Brooklyn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will use MLE on some vet. Gasol, Marion, Humphries, Ariza, maybe Paul Pierce if he fails in Brooklyn
    Marion, Ariza or Pierce would be excellent, but I don't see either Marion or Pierce leaving this summer. I think we need to be looking at 2015 free agency and Ariza will want a longer contract than just 1 year.

If we could get Marion for a year at MLE money, I'd be ecstatic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd still rather use the MLE on overseas prospects. Looking at the bottom of the rotation, the team could use some fresh blood. If they want to use the rest for a Beli-esque contract, I'd be content. But they shouldn't try to buy a rotation player. That hasn't worked in years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion, Ariza or Pierce would be excellent, but I don't see either Marion or Pierce leaving this summer. I think we need to be looking at 2015 free agency and Ariza will want a longer contract than just 1 year.

If we could get Marion for a year at MLE money, I'd be ecstatic.
    The last player the Spurs signed, intending rotation play, that was north of 30 years old was Dice in 2009. That ship has sailed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last player the Spurs signed, intending rotation play, that was north of 30 years old was Dice in 2009. That ship has sailed.
    And thank god for that. The team needs to keep focusing on upside and growing their own talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=304

Jump in cap this year and next year predicted. If cap is $66m in 2015 as predicted then we could have a lot of cash to lure free agents

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stein being disingenuous as . The cap was always expected to jump at least $4 Million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=304

Jump in cap this year and next year predicted. If cap is $66m in 2015 as predicted then we could have a lot of cash to lure free agents
    It woulf be enough to offer a full max if the Spurs play their cards right. I don't see why they'd blow it up if any of the Big Three want to stay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time the Spurs were able to get a top free agent come to us?

Thread Information