Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing how people are oblivious to how the league has changed, tbh..Rondo was always overrated, but what role can he play in today's league? He can't shoot, can't score, is afraid to get to the foul line and has a bad at ude..

He can probably be an effective backup PG, but any team that plans to start him is fooling themselves..

No thanks to Hibbert, btw, he's so awful..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also wonder if the NBA's coverage will ever change when it pertains to "known" players..

In this league, if a player is "known" and recognizable, that's all that matters to them, regardless of decline..they're always years late in recognizing when a player is finished..every year, whether it's scrubs like Danny Granger and Caron Butler from last year, or Rondo this year, as long as your name is known, everybody will ignore your current ability..

Even Ray Allen received a ton of coverage this year, a spot-up shooter that doesn't give you anything else and is a massive liability on the defensive end, at this point..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smh "brook lopez" . Better signnobody than this overrated overpaid scrub. Smdh at him being equal with LMA offensively

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smh "brook lopez" . Better signnobody than this overrated overpaid scrub. Smdh at him being equal with LMA offensively
    Have you been watching these playoffs? Lopez has been a 20/10 guy against Bud's top ranked Hawks. Aldridge on the other hand has looked soft and disinterest against the Grizz. The concerns with Lopez are his injuries and, like Aldridge, his ty defense.

Im not saying he has better or even the same talent, but he's not that big a drop off either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, who's guaranteed to be here next season

PG - Parker, Mills,
    SG - (Reggie Williams)
    SF - Anderson
    PF - Splitter, Diaw,
    C -

Damn, that pretty empty, especially as Anderson and Williams are currently projects. Assume that we can resign Kawhi, Duncan, Green and Manu in that order of priority. We need the first 3 to keep contending, and it wouldn't be the same without the 4th...

PG - Parker, Mills,
    SG - Green, Manu, Williams
    SF - Kawhi, Anderson
    PF - Splitter, Diaw,
    C - Duncan

Of the others, let go - Ayres, Bonner, Keep if cheap - Belinelli, Baynes, Cojo. Unfortunately, two time champion roleplayers are rarely cheap; we can expect all of Baynes, Belinelli and Cojo to get serious offers on the open market... That leaves us needing 3 bigs, a pg and a wing. Furthermore, I can see us letting Williams walk for better potential. Make it 2 wings if we can find a good candidate...
    We can fill one slot with a first rounder. With Bertrans's injury, overseas is looking mighty thin.

There is talk of a major free agent big man, Gasol/Love/Aldridge/Lopez/Millsap/Monroe, but I am unsure if any of them will come, and even if they do, we will still need a bunch of cheap roleplayers... So some suggestions
    Free Agents
    Cheap Bigs - Jonas Jerebko, Alexis Ajinca (He's gotten a lot better, and we might get him cheap from the french connection).
    Medium Cost Bigs - Tyson Chandler, Omer Asik
    Wings - Landry Fields. Omri Casspi (he hit 40% of his 3's this year)
    PG's - ???

Trade Targets
    Wings - Evan Turner

Who else have you got folks... we are going to need some cheap players.
    Wings -

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you been watching these playoffs? Lopez has been a 20/10 guy against Bud's top ranked Hawks. Aldridge on the other hand has looked soft and disinterest against the Grizz. The concerns with Lopez are his injuries and, like Aldridge, his ty defense.

Im not saying he has better or even the same talent, but he's not that big a drop off either.
    Have you not learned of guys statpadding in a mediocre team? They get those numbers because the team has nothing else.

Have you been watching Aldrige the whole year? No he doesnt have ty defense, he's not good, but he's not " ty" as Lopez and they are nowhere near the same level in offense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you not learned of guys statpadding in a mediocre team? They get those numbers because the team has nothing else.

Have you been watching Aldrige the whole year? No he doesnt have ty defense, he's not good, but he's not " ty" as Lopez and they are nowhere near the same level in offense.
    The concern with Lopez is injury not stat padding. He's been on a tear getting the nets to the playoffs and has kept a up the performance against buds #1st seeded Hawks. Dude has one of the most refined post games in the league.

I never said he was better than LA. He's not that big a drop off either. LA will command a max deal, which the Spurs will have a tough time getting to, as other have pointed out, without gutting the roster. Lopez could be had for less, and I just don't see that big a drop off offensively. We can disagree on LA's defensive prowess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possible back up pg? I know we got Patty and CoJo I think is unrestricted, but what about this guy? Marcelo Huertas

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brazili...204453713.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Middleton would be a good consolation prize if the Spurs don't land Draymond Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Middleton would be a good consolation prize if the Spurs don't land Draymond Green.

I think it would take huge offers for Golden State or Milwaukee not to match. I view them both as nearly impossible to get now, unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it would take huge offers for Golden State or Milwaukee not to match. I view them both as nearly impossible to get now, unfortunately.
    they probably are, and even still, i think they're more realistic options than Gasol and Aldridge. personally, i think they're the better options. their best days are still far ahead of them, and they might actually come here, if the spurs "show them the money."

I'll forget Draymond, because i bet the Warriors move the mountains to keep him. I think he gets max. But just imagine a roster with Leonard, Middleton, and Danny Green? The Spurs could start Kawhi as the point guard! They'd still be short a big man, and that'd be a real tragedy... with all the defensive boards to be feasted upon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nicola Vucevic? He's a RFA. Is it a forgone conclusion that the Magic will match max offers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nicola Vucevic? He's a RFA. Is it a forgone conclusion that the Magic will match max offers?
    They extended him last off-season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They extended him last off-season.
    Oops, looks like shams' data hasn't been updated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand this talk around Kawhi taking a one year qualifying offer and then signing a max deal under the higher cap. Difference between QO ($4.0) and max next year assuming a $67.1 million cap is $12.8 million, which isn't chump change. Very different than a top 3 pick who has a much higher QO.

Yes, the max contract is higher by waiting a year by about $4 million to start with, but he would also be one year closer to free agency in 2020 and eligible to receive 30% of a much higher cap then under the CBA rules. I've assumed $89 million cap one year out and $108 million cap in 2020:

QO + QO + New 5
    Re-sign New team year max
    2015 4.0 4.0 16.8
    2016 22.3 22.3 18.0
    2017 23.9 23.3 19.4
    2018 25.7 24.3 20.8
    2019 27.6 25.4 22.4
    2020 29.7 26.5 32.4
    Total 133.3 125.8 129.8

Only reason to sign the QO would be if he were unhappy in San Antonio and wanted to move on. Otherwise, the money is pretty darn good either way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ it's all Bill Simmons (who I like) being a huge homer and hoping Boston can get him.

Greg Monroe has been the only player in recent memory to pass up the money, and bet on himself in this type of scenario. I'm not concerned.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Jordan a free agent would rather have him anchor our defense then Lopez or Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deandre would be exactly the kinda post force that the Spurs need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deandre would be exactly the kinda post force that the Spurs need.
    If Duncan leaves the Spurs would need someone who can get they're own shot out of either the 4 or 5. I like Jordan, but he's not a fit for the Spurs. In contrast a Jordan Dirk pairing would be scary.
    Last edited by CGD; 04-30-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If/when Spurs strike out on a max big man, here are some interesting buy low potential at PF:

- Jonas Jaberko (UFA)
    - Ed Davis (PO)
    - Amir Johnson (UFA)
    - Thad Young (PO; likely to bounce)
    - Thomas Robinson (UFA)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Amare? Is he a free agent and will he cost much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SG/SF:

DeMarre Carroll

Alan Anderson

Mike Dunleavy

SF/PF

Jonas Jerebko

Thaddeus Young

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amare ... if we're keeping team intact. Not for transition/rebuild.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SG/SF:

DeMarre Carroll

Alan Anderson

Mike Dunleavy

SF/PF

Jonas Jerebko

Thaddeus Young
    Like those except Dunleavy. Think he's a bit old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This class of Free Agents looks pretty ty, tbh..

I'd be interested in: Mike Dunleavy, Aminu, Brandon Bass, Amir(although the mileage is getting to him, it seems), Blatche, Jerebko, Mbah a Moute, Kyle O'Quinn, maybe Jason Smith, maybe Lavoy Allen..

Pass on Amare, he looked extremely bad in the playoffs IMO, they constantly exposed his flaws..

Thread Information