Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laziness knows no bounds. That, and I figured how to rename threads quickly. Had to try it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the salary cap going up so dramatically this summer, I believe that leaves at least 15 teams below the NBA's minimum payroll requirement-- that's going to create some very strange scenarios. If poor teams with lots of cap room simply strike out in the free agency hunt, they'll be left with having to pay minimum type players more, or possibly trading for players with bigger contracts to reach the payroll minimum. Charlotte might have this issue-- they have 4 key players who will be free agents, so if they lose a few of them and can't attract other FAs to replace them, they might be forced to look at Sign & trades that bring back some salaries...
    The floor is no big deal. Even if a team doesn't hit it, they can simply be charged the difference and it's paid to their current players.

I find that more appealing than signing someone you don't want to a bigger/longer term deal for cap reasons. You are paying that amount no matter what and might as well have it just be a one year hit with no future ramifications. Sure, I think you may see some of what you say, but I don't think the floor is a huge reason why...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuzmimskas just been cut by NY.
    Imho very good system player worth to be signed as soon as possible...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuzmimskas just been cut by NY.
    Imho very good system player worth to be signed as soon as possible...
    Who do you cut? Bertans, Forbes or Paul?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes for a 2 draft choice.

Thread Information