Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kanter wasn't a matter of asset retention, they WANTED him to be part of their core after he wrecked the league following the trade. It was a matter of whether or not he was worth the max. Otherwise, the Rockets let Parsons walk b/c they didn't want to pay the max.

Fournier on the other hand is a one way player who isn't that much better offensively than Oladipo & Hezonja is a legit SF who has will most likely be the best out of the 3. They have to move Oladpio to prevent a log jam but Oladipo is a two way player:

They offered Fournier the CoJo contract when Barnes got double, that will tell you how they value him. Most recently, Isaiah Thomas was given up by two franchises by peanuts...some teams are bad for a reason.

The Knicks will bow at his alter to upgrade their ty backcourt: Sasha Vujacic

Stuckey is essentially a poorman's Monta Ellis
    Sure they did, but not at that price, which was why there was supposedly some trepidation before matching the Trail Blazers offer sheet.

Of course it's possible the Magic won't match on Fournier if he receives an astronomical offer sheet, but the odds are against it and the Spurs wouldn't exactly be in prime position to put forth that type of offer.

They offered Fournier that contract around the start of the season; things changed. He's obviously worth more now and they probably value him as such.

Thomas is a bad example, as he plays a loaded position and was stereotyped as a 6th man type because of his size.

Of course Ellis was/is better than Stuckey; that's not the point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about going after Miles Plumlee? An athletic 7'er.

I wouldnt mind mind putting a contract on Jordan clarkson either. He would be a better PG than Parker at this point. He is restricted, but they do have Russell already, so the Lakers might let him walk while they are focusing on bigger FA?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    What about going after Miles Plumlee? An athletic 7'er.
    Plumlee can play a Baynes role as the 5th big but that's about it.

I wouldnt mind mind putting a contract on Jordan clarkson either. He would be a better PG than Parker at this point. He is restricted, but they do have Russell already, so the Lakers might let him walk while they are focusing on bigger FA?
    Clarkson is a combo guard, not a point guard. He would be awesome in a 6th man role but as a starter he's just above average. The Lakers might as well re-sign Clarkson rather than maxing out DeRozan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plumlee can play a Baynes role as the 5th big but that's about it.

plumlee is a much more athletic Baynes and better defender.

Clarkson is a combo guard, not a point guard. He would be awesome in a 6th man role but as a starter he's just above average. The Lakers might as well re-sign Clarkson rather than maxing out DeRozan.
    and a combo guard? You mean like Westbrook?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who could we get for Parker? Not a new question I know, but he looked pretty decent in the last series. It seems like there are teams out there that have lots of interesting/green young players but who would like a veteran PG to be at least reliable off the bench and score 6-10 pts a game. I could see Tony working out very well in NY or Bkln, since they need everything, but I don't know what they have to give back--not much probably. Boston has lots of young players, but mostly they have small guards, so they probably wouldn't be interested.
    What's a team that feels like it needs an experienced (not all-star, just experienced) vet to take their young roster up a notch into the playoffs?

Believe.
    My Team
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    Post Count
    Who could we get for Parker? Not a new question I know, but he looked pretty decent in the last series. It seems like there are teams out there that have lots of interesting/green young players but who would like a veteran PG to be at least reliable off the bench and score 6-10 pts a game. I could see Tony working out very well in NY or Bkln, since they need everything, but I don't know what they have to give back--not much probably. Boston has lots of young players, but mostly they have small guards, so they probably wouldn't be interested.
    What's a team that feels like it needs an experienced (not all-star, just experienced) vet to take their young roster up a notch into the playoffs?
    No one. It would probably take a first round pick attached just to trade him for cap space. No one is going to trade an actual player for his contract unless they're on an even worse contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one. It would probably take a first round pick attached just to trade him for cap space. No one is going to trade an actual player for his contract unless they're on an even worse contract.
    I've put it down before but I think the 76ers could be a possible trade candidate. They could use veteran leadership. they don't really have a PG of the future on the roster. so they could bring in tony for 2 years and help the other young guys develop. he could help out brown with establishing the system in philly. And they have a ton of cap room to eat up his contract for the next 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've put it down before but I think the 76ers could be a possible trade candidate. They could use veteran leadership. they don't really have a PG of the future on the roster. so they could bring in tony for 2 years and help the other young guys develop. he could help out brown with establishing the system in philly. And they have a ton of cap room to eat up his contract for the next 2 years.
    Philly could definitely be a prospect for some sort of trade with as many picks as they have as well as players on the team, along with the history with Brown and colangelo.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/5...-is-fine-until

Parker+(X) for Okafor+pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly could definitely be a prospect for some sort of trade with as many picks as they have as well as players on the team, along with the history with Brown and colangelo.

at least 20 teams have better deals by Okafor, it makes no sense to philly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at least 20 teams have better deals by Okafor, it makes no sense to philly
    I know just using that as a example, but the draft picks could be dealt for some deal. I just don't know enough about the prospects to know if Spurs believed in any player to try to move up to take him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know just using that as a example, but the draft picks could be dealt for some deal. I just don't know enough about the prospects to know if Spurs believed in any player to try to move up to take him.
    I understand, I hope that the exchange of Diaw / Mills for a few picks (2nd round, perhaps?) And get some athletic wing with available space

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand, I hope that the exchange of Diaw / Mills for a few picks (2nd round, perhaps?) And get some athletic wing with available space

We have one already. Simmons.

Much rather get a Jeremy Lin + Sullinger/Jordan hill/Biyombo than another Wing unless his name is Durant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have one already. Simmons.

Much rather get a Jeremy Lin + Sullinger/Jordan hill/Biyombo than another Wing unless his name is Durant
    I just do not think only one is enough (unless Simmons has a great improvement next year), but the idea is good (not with Sullinger), I hope to use the pick we have in Taurean Prince (would be ideal backup for Kawhi imo) or Thon Maker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If Philly is willing to offer that Miami pick, you take it and run. That's even more true if they're willing to absorb Diaw's $3 Million.

Believe.
    My Team
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    Post Count
    You people are seriously underestimating just how bad Parker's contract is relative to anything he gives you on the court. It's going to take PATFO finding a comically dumb owner (Sacramento maybe) or a Hinkie-like tanking GM for anyone to trade Parker for cap space straight up. Other than that, no team is going to touch him unless they get a pick or an asset out of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking about the bench:

I wonder if Eric Gordon is an option now that his massive contract has expired. He obviously comes with health risks, but he will be eager to rehabilitate his career. Maybe a short term deal allowing him to test the waters again next summer if he does well?

Deng would be a nice solid vet for the bench. Miami seems to have many tough choices this summer with Whiteside, Wade, Bosh's health issues leading him to fall off their radar.

Dudley is a solid 3&D guy. Great glue guy off the bench that can play smallball 4.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I wonder if Eric Gordon is an option now that his massive contract has expired. He obviously comes with health risks, but he will be eager to rehabilitate his career. Maybe a short term deal allowing him to test the waters again next summer if he does well?
    Gordon is going to sign w/ a 1 year contract & start for a team like Memphis then hit the free agent market next summer for a long term contract.

Deng would be a nice solid vet for the bench. Miami seems to have many tough choices this summer with Whiteside, Wade, Bosh's health issues leading him to fall off their radar.
    Deng played himself into a FAT contract w/ his playoff performance. He's going to get overpaid to be a stretch 4.

Dudley is a solid 3&D guy. Great glue guy off the bench that can play smallball 4.
    Dudley could be a Diaw replacement signing a combo guard to replace Manu is more of a priority since Kawhi can play small-ball 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You people are seriously underestimating just how bad Parker's contract is relative to anything he gives you on the court. It's going to take PATFO finding a comically dumb owner (Sacramento maybe) or a Hinkie-like tanking GM for anyone to trade Parker for cap space straight up. Other than that, no team is going to touch him unless they get a pick or an asset out of it.
    In 7 months Parker's contract becomes very very valuable. Parker has 2 years left on that contract for roughly 17 million per year, by next season's trade deadline that contract becomes really really valuable especially when teams know they are going to clear 17 million off their books in time for the 2019 free agency.

A team is willing to absorb 22 to 24 million in salary if they also know it's going to give them 17 to 18 million in cap space in 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are 3 guys we should be aiming for. All 3 are centers that would be the perfect compliment to Kawhi and LeMarcus.

1. Hassan Whiteside - best combination of rebounder defender we could hope for. He can score when needed, but mostly he is a guy that can contribute without the ball in his hands.

2. Al Horton - second best big man in the same mold as Whiteside.

3. Ian Mahinmi - Poor mans whiteside. he won't scare anyone but he will come at a discount comparatively and still can be effective without the ball in his hands.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    2. Al Horton - second best big man in the same mold as Whiteside.
    Horford is NOTHING like Whiteside.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whiteside - too bad will get a max contract from someone with significant cap space. I know he's a head case but really wouldn't have minded him.

Horford - meh

Mahinmi - Pass. Ship sailed when he was gone back in '10. Let it keep sailing away.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Mahinmi - Pass. Ship sailed when he was gone back in '10. Let it keep sailing away.
    Ian is a mediocre rebounder who still gets pushed around in the paint, dude is going to get overpaid after a contract year season.

Cole Aldrich per 36 minutes was better: http://bkref.com/tiny/fZlJj
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 05-20-2016 at 11:41 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ian is a mediocre rebounder who still gets pushed around in the paint, dude is going to get overpaid after a contract year season.

Cole Aldrich per 36 minutes was better: http://bkref.com/tiny/fZlJj
    I actually like Aldrich myself.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please unstick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll unstick it once I make a new one.

Thread Information