Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time the Spurs were able to get a top free agent come to us?
    People really overrate destination IMO. The only time the spurs have had enough money was Kidd in 03.

Regardless, I could see us getting Gasol in 2015. Gasol/Parker/Kawhi is a contender if Pop stays and we keep our role players. , maybe Timmy comes back one more year of we get Marc to share the load.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People really overrate destination IMO. The only time the spurs have had enough money was Kidd in 03.

Regardless, I could see us getting Gasol in 2015. Gasol/Parker/Kawhi is a contender if Pop stays and we keep our role players. , maybe Timmy comes back one more year of we get Marc to share the load.

I'm in on Marc G. Vision of him, his brother Pau taking a pay cut to play in a championship with him b4 going off to play Euro and TD putting in 22 min a night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love Gasol I think he would thrive on this team that puts team first vs ego "Kobe" first. If we could get him and then bring over Bertrans and Hanga that would be a of an upgrade to our team. Even more so I would look at trading CJ and either try to move up in the first or get a high second round pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see Spurs go after AK47. He's gotta opt out imo.

Another interesting target to me would be Udoh.

I'd settle for Marion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jae Crowder is a free agent this offseason, I think he could be a solid backup to Kawhi. Young, tough, and a lot of upside, plus he seems to love the corner three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jae Crowder is a free agent this offseason, I think he could be a solid backup to Kawhi. Young, tough, and a lot of upside, plus he seems to love the corner three.
    I actually like Crowder a fair deal, but he's not a free agent until 2015 unless the Mavs decline his option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone still interested in Ed Davis? He's an RFA next year, but the Grizzlies are in a horrible cap situation. They pretty much can't afford to keep anyone unless they trade someone away or if ZBo opts out and re-signs at a reduced salary. I don't think Davis will get huge money in the off-season (but you never know since he was really hyped), but he's probably out of the Spurs' range barring a trade (assuming Duncan returns and the Spurs don't blow it up).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone still interested in Ed Davis? He's an RFA next year, but the Grizzlies are in a horrible cap situation. They pretty much can't afford to keep anyone unless they trade someone away or if ZBo opts out and re-signs at a reduced salary. I don't think Davis will get huge money in the off-season (but you never know since he was really hyped), but he's probably out of the Spurs' range barring a trade (assuming Duncan returns and the Spurs don't blow it up).
    Advanced stats love the kid. I'm not familiar with his personality or BBIQ.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see him on the magic more. Think he'd fit better. I rather use Baynes and use Kawhi as a small ball 4 tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heck yes, if spurs can grab Davis this summer do it. Let him learn the system and play with Tim for a year before seeing what he has.

Not sure it's fair or reasonable even, but Memphis see him as their ZBo replacement for the future. you have to think he has the talent. Heck even if he can be a Terrance Jone (rockets player) type contributor next year I'd take it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gortat is gonna get paid. For his sake better he lands in Dallas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious how much y'all think Hayward is gonna earn this offseason? Jazz can match any offer sheet but I doubt they go over 4 years 50m.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious how much y'all think Hayward is gonna earn this offseason? Jazz can match any offer sheet but I doubt they go over 4 years 50m.
    I'd be all over him if I were Charlotte. Good, young two-guards are hard to find in today's NBA, and they need one of those desperately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be all over him if I were Charlotte. Good, young two-guards are hard to find in today's NBA, and they need one of those desperately.
    If the free agent signing were before the draft I'd be all over him if I were RC. Dgreen and our first could probably move us up to a mid first rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the free agent signing were before the draft I'd be all over him if I were RC. Dgreen and our first could probably move us up to a mid first rounder.
    First, the Spurs can't afford to sign Hayward. Secondly, I don't think many teams in the late-lottery/early post-lottery really want Green over their pick. Thirdly, I think Green is better than Hayward. I don't consider Gordon a huge upgrade to Danny when looking at all factors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, the Spurs can't afford to sign Hayward. Secondly, I don't think many teams in the late-lottery/early post-lottery really want Green over their pick. Thirdly, I think Green is better than Hayward. I don't consider Gordon a huge upgrade to Danny when looking at all factors.
    Yeah, overpaying someone like Hayward is what s up your cap. He's not a difference maker, not even to the degree of Kawhi. I don't like his trend lines. His 3 point percentages vary wildly, and they're headed downwards: 47,34,41,30. Yeah, he's not a defender, and shot 30% from 3 last year. I'll take a pass.

Honestly, as averse as I am to signing players over 30, I'd go after Sefalosha, who just turned. He's had a horrible contract year, which is why he'd be cheap. Last season, he shot 48% overall and 42% from downtown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, overpaying someone like Hayward is what s up your cap. He's not a difference maker, not even to the degree of Kawhi. I don't like his trend lines. His 3 point percentages vary wildly, and they're headed downwards: 47,34,41,30. Yeah, he's not a defender, and shot 30% from 3 last year. I'll take a pass.

Honestly, as averse as I am to signing players over 30, I'd go after Sefalosha, who just turned. He's had a horrible contract year, which is why he'd be cheap. Last season, he shot 48% overall and 42% from downtown.
    I like the idea of Thabo but it would kill any free agency plans we had for 2015. Personally I'd rather roll the dice and try for Gasol next year than sign Sefelosha this summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of Thabo but it would kill any free agency plans we had for 2015. Personally I'd rather roll the dice and try for Gasol next year than sign Sefelosha this summer
    Thabo F'd up this year. He can probably be had for $2M or so. That shouldn't F up any plans for 2015.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thabo F'd up this year. He can probably be had for $2M or so. That shouldn't F up any plans for 2015.
    If we could get him for a 1 year deal I'd be all over it. I doubt we could get him for 2m just for a single year but I'd throw him a $4m/1yr deal and see what we can get out of him. If he can get his shooting stroke back he's incredibly valuable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really agree there. I think he screwed himself out of long-term money, but I doubt he'd go to the Spurs for so little. OKC would still pay him more than that, as they still need someone with his skill-set. Rather, I think Thabo will sign a one-year deal at around his current salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But regardless, I don't want Thabo unless one of the top-four wings are gone. He's pretty much a poor man's Green at this point. If some people's suggestions of Danny being traded to move up in the draft come true, then perhaps Sef is a decent option to replace him. If Beli is moved, maybe Sef could back up Kawhi. But no way I use the MLE on a one-year deal for a wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But regardless, I don't want Thabo unless one of the top-four wings are gone. He's pretty much a poor man's Green at this point. If some people's suggestions of Danny being traded to move up in the draft come true, then perhaps Sef is a decent option to replace him. If Beli is moved, maybe Sef could back up Kawhi. But no way I use the MLE on a one-year deal for a wing.
    Obviously if we bring over LJC or draft a defensive wing then hhe's not needed, but Thabo is an excellent 3&D player whenhis sshot is falling. A 1 year deal as insurance for injury or foul trouble is good value at $4m.

I don't see what else we can do with the MLE if we want to keep cap space for next summer. Most useful players will want multi year deals.

Add to that the fact that it would really hamper okcs defense it seems like a no brainer to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi - Sefo at the 3 would be pretty incredible... Can't really help but feel uneasy that when Kawhi is in foul trouble you have Beli checking in...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really agree there. I think he screwed himself out of long-term money, but I doubt he'd go to the Spurs for so little. OKC would still pay him more than that, as they still need someone with his skill-set. Rather, I think Thabo will sign a one-year deal at around his current salary.
    OKC tried to dump him at the deadline. That's gotta hurt. They want his salary gone. They still have another year of Perk on the books.

Remember, OKC is the team that apparently salary dumped Harden over 1-2M per year. They have drawn the line in the sand, and absolutely will NOT PAY THE TAX.

Thread Information