Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there is also some connection to him and lebron and lebron's agency. Would I like him? Yes, But I think he would be complicated in some respects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tristan is bizzaro Aldridge. The UT alum, big man, free agent. With the presumed expectation of helping ease into the post-Timmy era. I think that story has "Spurs find yet another buried treasure" written all over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TThompson turned down a 4 year $52 mil deal from the Cavs last year, I have no idea why he declined that offer he's not worth max and I don't think he will get a better offer.
    Because he has the same agent as Lebron and they have a wink wink agreement. He'll get more than 4 and 52 from the Cavs, book it. He's not worth it as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he has the same agent as Lebron and they have a wink wink agreement. He'll get more than 4 and 52 from the Cavs, book it. He's not worth it as well.
    https://youtu.be/43SrYmqE9K8 old video

https://youtu.be/DHjRO5IJ0js older video

he and Cojo are all grown up and about to get paid. risky, but i wouldn't say not with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thompson is the Cavs' third most important player with Love sidelined. Since Love went down, he's essentially putting up DeAndre Jordan stats. Though it doesn't hurt when your sole role on the offensive end is to attack the glass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the cavs and Kevin Love are what the Spurs are looking at with the Aldridge/Gasol bs. Keeping Wiggins, Bennett, and Zeller while sooner dumping the headache of Waiters very much relates to the moves the spurs aren't making and look to be making instead.

Bring over and draft players that actually get a roster spot. It is insane to draft a player that you don't want to play, the drafted player is the one player you can believe in. Even core guys get old and injured, drafted players are 100% promise. Even if they suck, you have to keep faith for at least a season.

Also, use the cap space to make Duncan, Manu, Green, and Kawhi happy. That's the free agency. Make qualifying offers to Joseph and Baynes and maybe match light offers. learn the dang lesson that should have been learned from Neal and Blair. role players that are leaving anyway can be given away to the team that wants them. role players that aren't going anywhere can be given an extention. chemistry does not take that big of a shot by the loss of Bonner, Ayers, Beli types. and small extentions don't cost any cap space that wasn't going to be gone anyway. if the spurs really want to stash away players, they can do it by with extra 2nd round picks from jettisoning role players that are going to or should be gone anyway. whatever cap space is there should be thrown at Tristan Thompson types. if you overpay and get them, they're young and promising like a rookie. if you don't get them, they're overpaid by their own teams.

it is insane to me that popsuckers and educated folks can't make sense of roster management better than a drunk guy with a copy of nba2k. humans with common sense are an endanger species. Glen Rice Jr career should take a massive dump on Reggie Williams. Ya know why the kid has off court issues, because the powers that be are about as useful as a loyalist. Free your minds! Tristan Thompson and Draymond Green playoff wreckage is as predictable as Aldridge and M. Gasol playoff inep ude. Where do you really want your post-Duncan era hopes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the cavs and Kevin Love are what the Spurs are looking at with the Aldridge/Gasol bs. Keeping Wiggins, Bennett, and Zeller while sooner dumping the headache of Waiters very much relates to the moves the spurs aren't making and look to be making instead.

Bring over and draft players that actually get a roster spot. It is insane to draft a player that you don't want to play, the drafted player is the one player you can believe in. Even core guys get old and injured, drafted players are 100% promise. Even if they suck, you have to keep faith for at least a season.

Also, use the cap space to make Duncan, Manu, Green, and Kawhi happy. That's the free agency. Make qualifying offers to Joseph and Baynes and maybe match light offers. learn the dang lesson that should have been learned from Neal and Blair. role players that are leaving anyway can be given away to the team that wants them. role players that aren't going anywhere can be given an extention. chemistry does not take that big of a shot by the loss of Bonner, Ayers, Beli types. and small extentions don't cost any cap space that wasn't going to be gone anyway. if the spurs really want to stash away players, they can do it by with extra 2nd round picks from jettisoning role players that are going to or should be gone anyway. whatever cap space is there should be thrown at Tristan Thompson types. if you overpay and get them, they're young and promising like a rookie. if you don't get them, they're overpaid by their own teams.

it is insane to me that popsuckers and educated folks can't make sense of roster management better than a drunk guy with a copy of nba2k. humans with common sense are an endanger species. Glen Rice Jr career should take a massive dump on Reggie Williams. Ya know why the kid has off court issues, because the powers that be are about as useful as a loyalist. Free your minds! Tristan Thompson and Draymond Green playoff wreckage is as predictable as Aldridge and M. Gasol playoff inep ude. Where do you really want your post-Duncan era hopes?
    No, you can't.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems like the average price everyone here wants to pay an FA turns out around $2M or $3M less than the players actually get paid. Last year or the year before that, I think, everyone thought $5M would be a fair price for Manu after his god-awful finals performance, turned out getting $7M~. People wanted to give Tiago only $8M, got paid $10~. Diaw would have been great value with the MLE but still got $7M. I personally don't think Manu goes lower than $5M while it would be a travesty for Duncan to receive less than $10M, though I wouldn't be surprised if he took less, given his age. Spurs are bound to overpay someone and it's okay, and my personal theory is that they don't go after any major names BUT they throw a lucrative two-year contract (with a team/player option) at someone who can at least help keep the window open in the Duncan era; then they overpay in the summer of 2016.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also all these rumors about being interested in this or that...no solid sources whatsoever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideal Potential Free Agent for San Antonio Spurs at Every Position

Point Guard: Cory Joseph

Shooting Guard: Danny Green

Small Forward: Al-Farouq Aminu

Power Forward: LaMarcus Aldridge

Center: Tyson Chandler

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...osition/page/1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideal Potential Free Agent for San Antonio Spurs at Every Position

Point Guard: Cory Joseph

Shooting Guard: Danny Green

Small Forward: Al-Farouq Aminu

Power Forward: LaMarcus Aldridge

Center: Tyson Chandler

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...osition/page/1
    ThAnks for posting. If Spurs have to move Tiago to get Aldridge, I would love Chandler for the full MLE. Aminu would be nice as a back up PG but I think the spot will be addressed in the draft (I.e., my guy Anderson from UVA).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ThAnks for posting. If Spurs have to move Tiago to get Aldridge, I would love Chandler for the full MLE. Aminu would be nice as a back up PG but I think the spot will be addressed in the draft (I.e., my guy Anderson from UVA).
    I don't know it seems like the spurs don't have any luck with players named Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania @ShamsCharania
    RealGM Sources: Memphis Grizzlies exploring center Greg Oden, the 2007 No. 1 overall NBA pick. tinyurl.com/od72nl4

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like the Spurs to take a look at Omri Casspi again, I know there was some interest in the past, and I think he would be a capable backup SF/PF. He's a UFA this summer and made about $1 mil. last year with Sacramento. If we had a lower exemption or a trade exemption, I think he would be a great pickup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania @ShamsCharania
    Detroit's Cartier Martin has exercised his $1.3M option for 2015-16 season, league source tells RealGM. Filed notice to Pistons last week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoops Rumors ‏@HoopsRumors #Mavs to look at moving Raymond Felton to clear room for Al-Farouq Aminu, per @espn_macmahon: http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/06/shop-raymond-felton.html …

Hoops Rumors ‏@HoopsRumors
    Many variables still exist as player option decisions come due. Here's what we know about each http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/06/player-option-decisions.html …

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure anyone else's thoughts but I wouldn't mind going after Amir Johnson if he could be had for 8-10 mil per season. Think after two straight first round playoff exits they are going to start looking to retool, so Johnson could probably be had, the only question would be for how much (unless they are planning on letting go of Patrick Patterson or Chuck Hayes).

Assuming he doesn't work out, I think Kyle O'Quinn could probably be had for the mid-level or less. I just don't see a ton of teams going after him this off-season but I could be wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypo, assume all the following happen:

1. Manu retires
    2. Spurs strike out on LMA, Gasol, and Lopez
    3. MIA and Wade can't agree on the right year/$$ ratio that would make Wade whole, so he follows though on threat to opts out.

Do you make a run at Wade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypo, assume all the following happen:

1. Manu retires
    2. Spurs strike out on LMA, Gasol, and Lopez
    3. MIA and Wade can't agree on the right year/$$ ratio that would make Wade whole, so he follows though on threat to opts out.

Do you make a run at Wade?
    No for a number of reasons:

1. Still likely to command 10+ mil which would be overpaying for what he is likely to produce
    2. He can't stay healthy for a full-season, his body just doesn't seem to be able to hold up at this point in his career
    3. Doesn't really make sense for either unit. Wouldn't get touches on the starting unit, and he's not the facilitator Manu was which the 2nd unit will desperately need with Manu gone. Also not sure he would agree to come off the bench.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No for a number of reasons:

1. Still likely to command 10+ mil which would be overpaying for what he is likely to produce
    2. He can't stay healthy for a full-season, his body just doesn't seem to be able to hold up at this point in his career
    3. Doesn't really make sense for either unit. Wouldn't get touches on the starting unit, and he's not the facilitator Manu was which the 2nd unit will desperately need with Manu gone. Also not sure he would agree to come off the bench.
    Yup. Wade couldn't start because it would murder the spacing of the starting lineup. He has too much ego to see himself as Danny Green's backup either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree that the whole coming off the bench thing would be a hard pitch, but not sure what other contender could offer him a starting role. Maybe Memphis? The reality is a solid 6th man is probably who he is right now, and probably the best he'll get from a contender in the open market.

The Miami cap situation is very interesting. It's going to look terrible for that organization of they over Wade after he took less money in his prime. That said, he's not worth what he wants unless they spread it out over several years.

Aside from his injury woes, the biggest thing that's going to cost Wade money is his unwillingness over the years to develop a three point shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sportando @sportando
    Rockets to pick up the $4.8M option on Kostas Papanikolaou's contract sportando.com/en/usa/nba/163

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://hoopshype.com/rumor/994164/

Underwhelming numbers in Europe last season, 40% on FGs and 33% on threes. I doubt that he makes it back to the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claver sounds interesting, so does Wade. I'm still gung ho on Draymond Green, Tristan Thompson, or Kris Middleton.

Thread Information