Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes
    J.R. Smith has declined player option to test free agency, GM David Griffin says.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs get something out of this year's offseason bec it's tough to look back and see them getting offseason scraps while giving up the likes of Looney, Harrell, and Gudaitis. Especially if these guys turn into something special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming the Spurs had a choice of the two, my preference would be Amir Johnson. Right now its hard to gauge what the Raps are going to do. 2 Straight disappointing exits from the POs means they are probably going to change up something, just not sure if letting go of Amir is among them. Not that West would be a bad secondary option, but for that much money and the possibility of a precipitous decline within the next two years, its definitely more of a risk.
    If we could get West for $20m/2yr with a 50% guarantee on the 2nd year it would be a decent deal. I think he'd fit nicely alongside Timmy and Tiago. He's been the best jump shooting big man outside of 16ft for 2 years in a row too, hitting over 50% in consecutive seasons on 4+ attempts/game

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we could get West for $20m/2yr with a 50% guarantee on the 2nd year it would be a decent deal. I think he'd fit nicely alongside Timmy and Tiago. He's been the best jump shooting big man outside of 16ft for 2 years in a row too, hitting over 50% in consecutive seasons on 4+ attempts/game
    God No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the would he opt out of 12.6 mil to sign this offer? He's opting out because he knows this will be his last big contract and he'll chase the money and years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Monroe demand as much as Aldridge? I see that as a great back up plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/...ismack-biyombo

Biyombo may not even get a qualifying offer. Spurs could add some young, experienced post presence at discount pricing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....pert_went.html

This article makes Shumpert sound like this seasons Mills. He seems like a credible Manu apprentice, an area of need. Defensive skills, athleticism, has been known to hit a shot and play some point. Wouldn't break the bank. And in the not so unlikely even that he panned out, he'd be on a pretty friendly contract. This is the kind of player i think is ideal for the the spurs to target, in free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If our dream scenario comes into fruition, our depth chart would look something like this:

C - Duncan
    PF - Aldridge, Diaw

SF - Leonard, Anderson
    SG - Green, Ginobili
    PG - Parker, Mills

How likely is it that we can bring back Joseph, Baynes, Bonner, and Ayres on minimum contracts to fill out the rest of the roster?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see the Spurs offering Alan Anderson $2 or $ 3 mil a year, he is a decent 3 and D guy that could be had on the cheap. Mirza Teletovic is another player I think the Spurs could get for $ 3 or 4 mil a year, I don't think the Nets will match any kind of offer for either one of those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone remind me what the point of the moratorium period is? And does the 3-day time frame to match an offer agreed upon during the moratorium start when the agreement is made or when the contract is actually signed after the moratorium period is over?

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Moratorium is a break where the teams can decide who to sign/ sort out their plan until they get to the Contract signing day.

The end of the moratorium is the first day that teams can sign free agents. Signing the contract, and delivering the contract to the team with the matching option, (Spurs FO in Kawhi's case) starts the clock on the 3 days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone remind me what the point of the moratorium period is? And does the 3-day time frame to match an offer agreed upon during the moratorium start when the agreement is made or when the contract is actually signed after the moratorium period is over?
    The actual point of the moratorium is so the league can calculate BRI and thus set the cap (before that, everyone is working off projections). NO new contracts are official except QOs, and that means the clocks don't start for offer sheets until the contracts are signed and faxed to the League office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If our dream scenario comes into fruition, our depth chart would look something like this:

C - Duncan
    PF - Aldridge, Diaw

SF - Leonard, Anderson
    SG - Green, Ginobili
    PG - Parker, Mills

How likely is it that we can bring back Joseph, Baynes, Bonner, and Ayres on minimum contracts to fill out the rest of the roster?

Not Joseph or Baynes. Neither made the min last season, and they won't next season. Yes to the other two, though I wouldn't want them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be very happy with that Uriel's team.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The actual point of the moratorium is so the league can calculate BRI and thus set the cap (before that, everyone is working off projections). NO new contracts are official except QOs, and that means the clocks don't start for offer sheets until the contracts are signed and faxed to the League office.
    That's still a thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's still a thing?
    Believe that it's still THE thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Joseph or Baynes. Neither made the min last season, and they won't next season. Yes to the other two, though I wouldn't want them.
    But if our goal is to have depth and establish continuity, wouldn't it be better to retain as much of last year's team as possible, rather than filling out the rest of the roster with warm bodies on minimum contracts?

And what makes people so sure that Joseph and Baynes will attract offers from elsewhere above the mimimum? These are replacement-level players, and neither of them really stood out last season.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagering Joseph ends up with the Cavs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is West better than Amare?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, West definitely better than Amare this point in career. West can still shoot.... Amare is more of a immobile stiff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the rumors of Larry Sanders trying to come back are true...I'd be down to take a shot...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If the rumors of Larry Sanders trying to come back are true...I'd be down to take a shot...
    Marc Cuban will fly him out on a private jet right after he's released from rehab.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh....yeah

Thread Information