Last edited by ace3g; 03-18-2014 at 06:14 PM.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Excellent.

Siler and Fabio are also great fights. Free cards give me wood.

Post Count
    Updated card, so far:

• Dan Henderson vs. Mauricio Rua
    • C.B. Dollaway vs. Cezar Ferreira
    • Norman Parke vs. Leonardo Santos
    • Fabio Maldonado vs. Gian Villante
    • Rony Jason vs. Steven Siler
    • Mairbek Taisumov vs. Gleison Tibau
    • Ronny Markes vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos
    • Jussier Formiga vs. Scott Jorgensen
    • Thiago Perpetuo vs. Kenny Robertson
    • Diego Brandao vs. Will Chope*

Last edited by ace3g; 03-22-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Post Count
    •Dan Henderson vs. Mauricio Rua
    •C.B. Dollaway vs. Cezar Ferreira
    •Norman Parke vs. Leonardo Santos
    Fabio Maldonado vs. Gian Villante
    Rony Jason vs. Steven Siler

Post Count
    Dan Henderson vs. Mauricio Rua -- They're both old and flabby, but I after watching Sonnen beat Rua, I have no faith in him.
    C.B. Dollaway vs. Cezar Ferreira -- I hate Dollaway. Meh.
    Fabio Maldonado vs. Gian Villante -- One of my favorite fighters, tbh. 1st round TKO, liver punches.
    Rony Jason vs. Steven Siler -- Big test for my boy, I hope he pulls it off.
    Diego Brandao vs. Will Chope -- Rebound win after that bull with Porier.
    Jussier Formiga vs. Scott Jorgensen -- Jorgensen needs a win so badly it's actually hurting me.

Dan Henderson v. Mauricio Rua - WAR HENDOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C.B. Dollaway vs. Cezar Ferreira - I think that Dollaway is really talented, but he's just far too inconsistent

Norman Parke v. Leonardo Santos - when in doubt, go Irish

Fabio Maldonado vs. Gian Villante - Madlonado makes for very entertaining fights, but I think that Villante's wrestling is going to be the difference here

Rony Jason vs. Steven Siler - going with the more active fighter here

UFC Fight Night 38's Diego Brandao vs. Will Chope bout canceled after Chope's controversial past brought to light

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/23/5538892/ufc-fight-night-38s-diego-brandao-vs-will-chope-bout-canceled-after

never picking Mairbek Taisumov ever again, grabbed the fence like 5 times in this fight....

sad thing he has some good striking and chin, deserves to lose

Post Count
    Big legacy fight for Shogun here.. He has a chance to get a win over almost every great 205er of his time. Rampage, Chuck and now Hendo.. Hendo is so tough unless his chin is gone this will be another war..

Hendo with the perfect finish

Post Count
    Dan looked straight up awful until he got that finish. I mean just terrible.

regression to the mean just happened tonight, lol

Post Count
    They both should retire tbh.. I don't know how many more beatings Shogun is going to take before he finally decides that he actually wants to have a somewhat healthy life in retirement.

Post Count
    Rua is 6-7 in the UFC... Worst champ ever? I think so.

Post Count
    WAR HENDO!

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yea b4 H-Bomb I was thinking Hendo should call it a career. Now without TRT he will get outaged tbh.

herb almost stopped the fight in the 1st. If he would this would be a different kind of story. So much depends on refs decisions sometimes it's insane. take a look at the Siler fight. The guy was in the game the whole time. He was rocked but never gone. This ref made big mistake. Maybe UFC will set up a rematch?

All in all Shogun can try to go down to 185 to test himself there as he should few yrs back but now when the MW division is on the rise I just do not see it. back when there was Anderson and nobody else that would make a sense. /Weidman got now full hands/

I'm saying this as a huge Hendo fan, he's just looked aweful of late. I realize that his 3 fight losing streak was against top 5 compe ion (Machida, Evans, Belfort), but he fights in a completely straight line now. There's no level change, no lateral movement, and no setting up the H-Bomb with combinations, he just stalks his opponent, waiting to land the right as a counter.

That being said, he showed tonight why he's one of my favorites of all time - that chin. He basically got KO'd twice in the fight and came back to get his own KO.

Finally, I did a really crappy job in picking fights this card: 1-4. Although that Siler stoppage was way too short and Park would've won if that point hadn't been deducted for grabbing the shorts. I know it's the rule, but how many times do fighters get points deducted without first getting a warning? Villante looked completely dominate without dealing any punishment in round 1 of his fight, then looked completely gassed and out of it for the last 2 rounds - was he sick or something?

Post Count
    They say the power is the last thing to go and that is all Dan has left. It makes me sad to see the legends keep going on when they are so far past when they should. It is just ego and pride that keeps them going. Looking at Dan last night you know he had to have looked bad in his camp. There is no way he was lighting it up in sparring sessions when he came out there looking that slow and getting hit that easily. His wrestling did not look good, his timing was not good and his legendary chin has finally come back to the pack. Shogun basically made one mistake and Hendo found his mark but before that he was getting tooled. Shogun and Dan should both retire. Shogun is only 32 but if he keeps going to say age 35 he may end up with brain damage.. Too many wars..

Thread Information