Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't dribble a basketball, but he's such a ing long- , tbh, massive balls..

Best perimeter defender on the team, good rebounder, hustles for the loose balls, shows passion/leadership..when he's making the 3-ball, he's a monster, tbh..
    A bit crude but absolutely agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He made Wall his in closing time...beautiful to see. I can't wait til Kawhi is back and they can shut down the entire perimeter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats good about Green is that he was practically the only SF against a very good SF lineup among the Wiz (Webster and Ariza) and he did double duty against them and then on Wall later on. Played 46 minutes in his second (or third?) game after return from injury and made a number of clutch baskets and plays. It is so damn clear that Green & Leonard are so indispensable for the team.

Spurs with a full deck are a guaranteed WCF team. If only the PG defense is enhanced and a backup SF is obtained.. they could even challenge for the le again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of the good defense done green is also because of splitter.. There were several instances when wall tried to run pick and roll but because of splitter, they failed...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like long as mofo's who can shoot the out of the ball help teams win basketball games. Still, in a week some idiot on this board will want to trade him for Gerald Wallace/Harrison Barnes or some other disaster.
    Harrison Barnes a disaster? Hardly. He has the talent to become a bonafide superstar. He's just not being used in the right system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You act like that's a bad thing. That's what spacing the floor means. Essentially, he prevented anyone from getting doubles. That's huge. He also drew Lebron in those games, which is why Leonard exploded. Had Parker been healthy, Game Six would have been a Spurs blowout.
    Yep. It would have been nice for Green to shoot a bit better, but his hot shooting directly helped changed Miamis strategy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DG's defensive instincts were on point tonight. And he made key plays down the stretch on both ends. Don't understand how so many spurfans fail to realize what the spurs have in DG. The guy is still on very, very reasonable salary, hustles all game on defense, and heats up quickly from beyond the arc. He has a good at ude, does exactly what he's asked, doesn't ballhog, has pretty good size for a 2 guard. He's pretty much an ideal 3-and-D guy.
    Agree with this. A 3-and-D guy is actually pretty rare in the league. He's the closest thing the Spurs will ever have to Bruce Bowen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ooh we praising him now? And those who say "told you so" were just waiting for a good game. Took you long enough to come out and say it. Mere expectation more than anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many Danny Green trade attempts so far this season in the trade thread ?

People trying to trade him for Jr Smith seriously

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covering him one on one is not like he's drawing double... You're making it sounds like the latter...

The problem with Green is that someone has to command a double team for him to have any value which may be the case of no one this year... So team may focus more on making him a driver...

Once Miami stopped helping on Duncan he was taken out of the series...
    call a screen, simple as that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night it's like he had an out of body experience. This is the finest game I have seen from him as a Spur. I mean he was one of the main ball handlers when the game was close. They were running pick and rolls between him and duncan which was crazy to see. It truly was crazy to see him with the ball in his hands making things happen late in the game. We'll see if he builds on last night experience. And to add to that, whether people agree or not, Danny takes our team to a whole new level. I mean just look back at the games where he was out. His overall presence on D is what helps us close these close games out, and his 3 point shooting allows duncan more room to operate. Those are just two benefits of many he adds to this team. I'm really glad he's a part of our team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco and Mills are garbage, these are things we know. The overrating of these scrubs is laughable.
    You're starting to sound like you're trolling now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I don't think most in the, "Green's been figured out" camp is that teams expend a lot of energy shutting him down. He routinely draws the best perimeter defender (Ariza in last night's case). And "just stick a man on him" mean chasing him around the perimeter and switching screens. Green's even been drawing doubles on penetration, like during his PnR with Duncan two games ago. He's getting more attention most nights than any other guard on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I don't think most in the, "Green's been figured out" camp is that teams expend a lot of energy shutting him down. He routinely draws the best perimeter defender (Ariza in last night's case). And "just stick a man on him" mean chasing him around the perimeter and switching screens. Green's even been drawing doubles on penetration, like during his PnR with Duncan two games ago. He's getting more attention most nights than any other guard on the team.
    I don't know what you can say to that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what you can say to that .
    When was the last time Parker's had a cross-match this season? Sefalosha guarded Green in the first two OKC games. Parsons in the first two Houston games. Marion in the Dallas game. George in the Pacers game. Even Lebron in Games Six and Seven. It's not that Green's that good. Obviously he's being shut down more this season, but he's been getting that much respect.

Ask yourself this: If Green was so easy to shut down that anyone could do it, why was Mike Miller on Kawhi and not Green? Why was Chalmers on Parker? Because the Heat tried to shut him down in Games Four and Five by just sticking a man on him, and Green destroyed them by running around the perimeter. Miami didn't juat decide to start sticking close to him for the last two games; they had been trying to adjust since Game Three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time Parker's had a cross-match this season? Sefalosha guarded Green in the first two OKC games. Parsons in the first two Houston games. Marion in the Dallas game. George in the Pacers game. Even Lebron in Games Six and Seven. It's not that Green's that good. Obviously he's being shut down more this season, but he's been getting that much respect.

Ask yourself this: If Green was so easy to shut down that anyone could do it, why was Mike Miller on Kawhi and not Green? Why was Chalmers on Parker? Because the Heat tried to shut him down in Games Four and Five by just sticking a man on him, and Green destroyed them by running around the perimeter. Miami didn't juat decide to start sticking close to him for the last two games; they had been trying to adjust since Game Three.
    Holy you're serious...

Green next franchise player, already drawing more attention than anyone...

Lebron was resting on scrubs to begin the series, he switched on Parker when it mattered...

And no they didn't stick a man on Green, you're wrong about that, they doubled inside TP/Duncan... I mean you know the game well enough but when it comes to Green your brain just fries tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night it's like he had an out of body experience. This is the finest game I have seen from him as a Spur. I mean he was one of the main ball handlers when the game was close. They were running pick and rolls between him and duncan which was crazy to see. It truly was crazy to see him with the ball in his hands making things happen late in the game. We'll see if he builds on last night experience. And to add to that, whether people agree or not, Danny takes our team to a whole new level. I mean just look back at the games where he was out. His overall presence on D is what helps us close these close games out, and his 3 point shooting allows duncan more room to operate. Those are just two benefits of many he adds to this team. I'm really glad he's a part of our team.
    perfect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy you're serious...

Green next franchise player, already drawing more attention than anyone...

Lebron was resting on scrubs to begin the series, he switched on Parker when it mattered...

And no they didn't stick a man on Green, you're wrong about that, they doubled inside TP/Duncan... I mean you know the game well enough but when it comes to Green your brain just fries tbh...
    They didn't double Parker. You might be thinking about them trapping the PnR, but they did that with Neal and Ginobili as well. That's just their defense. James covered Parker early in the series as well. Parker's game winning shot in Game One was over James. He actually didn't rest much in the whole series defensively.

Anyways, there are tons of Youtube vids of Green's shots in the Finals. You can see for yourself how the Heat changed their defense on him through the first five games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baam c'mon man you are making us greys all look like fools with your takes. Step it up, man. At least do the research before you regurgitate your gutter tripe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baam c'mon man you are making us greys all look like fools with your takes. Step it up, man. At least do the research before you regurgitate your gutter tripe.
    Dude you don't even watch the games so why don't you go yourself tbh? You don't need anyone to look like you don't know ...

Fact LeBron didn't defend Paul George most of the ECF either to rest on D, that's how they operated so that he would be fresher to play both ends in crunch time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't double Parker. You might be thinking about them trapping the PnR, but they did that with Neal and Ginobili as well. That's just their defense. James covered Parker early in the series as well. Parker's game winning shot in Game One was over James. He actually didn't rest much in the whole series defensively.

Anyways, there are tons of Youtube vids of Green's shots in the Finals. You can see for yourself how the Heat changed their defense on him through the first five games.
    Trapping and doubling is the same thing, a trap is a form of double team... What will I see? That they didn't guard him closely at all at first? I'm not even sure what part of your argument you're trying to salvage there...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trapping and doubling is the same thing, a trap is a form of double team... What will I see? That they didn't guard him closely at all at first? I'm not even sure what part of your argument you're trying to salvage there...
    They alwas trap the PnR. They did it with everyone and if anything did it more during the last two games. Why do you think Ginobili had eight turnovers in Game Six? They trap with the big and guard and bring help from the weak side to cover the roll man.

Anyway, if you watch the video, you see they tried to stick a man on him, especially in Game Five. He kept getting open. That's why they had to put James on him.

You still haven't addressed why everyone's best perimeter defenders have been on Green this year. Did you see Trevor on Parker or Beli last night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could he have been on a player who wasn't on the floor (parker) ? Is Green more of a 3 than Beli?

OKc is another matter, they don't bother switching during the regular season, besides Reggie Jackson is much better defender than Chuckbrook so there's less of a point to do so... Plenty of teams don't switch during the regular season, the Spurs don't even always do it early on.

Not saying Green isn't getting any attention at all, but saying that Green gets the most attention from any guard is a stretch and I'm trying to meet you in the middle there saying it like that... What you could argue is that he gets more attention than Kawhi I guess.

Thread Information