Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could he have been on a player who wasn't on the floor (parker) ? Is Green more of a 3 than Beli?

OKc is another matter, they don't bother switching during the regular season, besides Reggie Jackson is much better defender than Chuckbrook so there's less of a point to do so... Plenty of teams don't switch during the regular season, the Spurs don't even always do it early on.

Not saying Green isn't getting any attention at all, but saying that Green gets the most attention from any guard is a stretch and I'm trying to meet you in the middle there saying it like that... What you could argue is that he gets more attention than Kawhi I guess.
    First off, I said some games he does. Some teams like the Knicks would continue to leave him wide open. But most teams make stopping him a high priority, and those with a history of Green destroying him like Dallas and Phoenix put a ton of energy trying to stop him.

Westbrook is actually an amazing defender when locked in, as is Durant. But they aren't committed to it like Sef. They would be best served to guard Green if he were really an easy assignment. You shouldn't confuse what I'm saying to mean I think Green is a top option on the team or that he should be one. But he works really hard on that end of the floor, both for his own shots and for those of others. He's no where near as limited as people think.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. It would have been nice for Green to shoot a bit better, but his hot shooting directly helped changed Miamis strategy.
    idiotic ...cost us series ... 2/19fg 0 ast last 2 games...hes a

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without DG's 3 point shooting, spurs lose the series in 4 or 5 games and become an eternal laughingstock: "the team that was completely stomped by lebron on the biggest stage" instead of "the team that took prime Lebron to 7 games in one of the top five NBA finals series of all time".

Is laughingstock a preferable outcome for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked what he did tonight. No, he's not ever going to be a star, and he can't dribble any better, but he was aggressive and made things happen. I think the Spurs would have pulled it out had any of the sitting players been in. He just ran out of gas.

I hope Green keeps this new mentality. Cory, too. Them scoring 10-15 is worth much more than Mills or Beli scoring 20+.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without DG's 3 point shooting, spurs lose the series in 4 or 5 games and become an eternal laughingstock: "the team that was completely stomped by lebron on the biggest stage" instead of "the team that took prime Lebron to 7 games in one of the top five NBA finals series of all time".

Is laughingstock a preferable outcome for you?
    Great point. Green's shooting and defense made the Spurs very, very compe ive against the Heat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When Lebron James is guarding a role player instead of your best player then you must have done something to draw the coverage. Duncan dominated in game 6 & 7. Parker couldn't get going though.

Your take is rather simplistic. He was a big reason why we won game 1, stayed close for most of game 2, & won game 3. He is a role player not a star. He more than earned his check.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most underrated player on the Spurs, tbh..

at all the morons with the premature Beli > Green threads earlier in the year..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tonight was like an extended version of that Denver game from last year. Green kept the team in it until everyone else could catch up. He's invaluable, and it's silly that people here keep trying to put players like Beli, Mills, Jack and Re above him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have to bump it tbh
    ×1000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahem

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    sux cox and soft as , like tiago

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gr33n

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time Parker's had a cross-match this season? Sefalosha guarded Green in the first two OKC games. Parsons in the first two Houston games. Marion in the Dallas game. George in the Pacers game. Even Lebron in Games Six and Seven. It's not that Green's that good. Obviously he's being shut down more this season, but he's been getting that much respect.

Ask yourself this: If Green was so easy to shut down that anyone could do it, why was Mike Miller on Kawhi and not Green? Why was Chalmers on Parker? Because the Heat tried to shut him down in Games Four and Five by just sticking a man on him, and Green destroyed them by running around the perimeter. Miami didn't juat decide to start sticking close to him for the last two games; they had been trying to adjust since Game Three.
    You know what's amazing about this is he does this night in and night out. Green is just the epitome of consistency. So lucky to have him on the Spurs. Clutch, never disappears on crucial moments, and can finish in traffic well. GSG yo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh every time Green takes one of those ballsy, pull-up 3s in transition or has a game like this I can't help but think of this thread and the term long-sick .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what's amazing about this is he does this night in and night out. Green is just the epitome of consistency. So lucky to have him on the Spurs. Clutch, never disappears on crucial moments, and can finish in traffic well. GSG yo
    Oh no! Firemicho!! You were one of the haters? Nooooooooooooooo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No danny green, no le run.

Kawhi U Gotta Be Lyk Dat Spurs_Be_Beastin''s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol long

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No danny green, no le run.
    Claro. That's why the talking heads are fools for thinking the Big Three and Leonard are the only players who matter (or those who think Mills is fifth). The Spurs' top seven are all essential. This is probably the only team in the league for which that's true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Splitter is clearly not essential, his run last year had nothing saying essential... We could triple inside vs the Grizzlies, even Bonner looked decent with that scheme...

He was only essential to the Finals loss as he was the worst player and without him on the roster we probably win...

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny was my Finals MVP choice had the Spurs won last year.
    If he hits 3s the game opens for everyone.
    Key player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clutch - yes
    never disappears - eh...sometimes
    finish in traffic -

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I am concerned about a bit is that Leonard is recognized as such an important defensive presence in the media and Green seems to get little to no recognition. It has to feel a bit empty to see that happen where the other guy who joined the team a handful of games after you, get recognized for revitalizing the defense when you are almost as big a part of that. I don't really think that the 8 games on two 10 day contracts with the spurs should really have Green considered that much more experienced with the spurs than Khawi.

The other thing is that if the man could simply learn to dribble he'd probably be considered a top 10 shooting guard in this league. I know everyone laughs and jokes about how they pretty much know its a miss if they see him going to the rim, but how much of that is due to poor positioning and timing on approaching the rim caused by his inability to put the ball on the floor?

It might drive people around him nuts but I would seriously if I were the spurs coaching staff offer assign a team helper to him with a whistle make green have a ball with him all day add offer him a C note for every hour the staffer calls traveling less than 15 times.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still can't forget that He forgot to mark Lebron that lead to Lebron's 3 in less than 30sec of game 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clutch - yes
    never disappears - eh...sometimes
    finish in traffic -
    Incidentally, Green is third on the team in FG% at the rim. He's ahead of the rest of the top seven rotation players, behind only Beli and Ayres. He's not a slasher by any means, but he's no longer a liability in the paint.

Thread Information