Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    May have already happened tbh......you know one of those guys has probably been a fruit loop....
    I'm almost certain James Buchanan was.

That said (about the Stewart post), how many times do high-profile criminals get drafted high? Players fall for smoking weed. None of those things Stewart is talking about are overlooked in draft prospects. Teams hate distractions, especially those from players who've never even taken a snap in the league.

That being said, it's Sam's choice (pun) if he's going to be a distraction. If he walks into OTAs and just does his job and goes home, he'll be fine. But if he seeks out the media and acts like a celebrity, his teammates won't like it. You don't have to be doing something criminal to be a distraction. Ask Tebow.

If Sam just does what he did at Mizzou, he'll fit in and the media attention will die down. But if he becomes a civil rights leader like the media is trying to make him be, he'll have a short career.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Last time guy, get on topic...ok?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Last time guy, get on topic...ok?
    you first

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    It's about religious beliefs I assumed that was obvious. Try having a Muslim, a Jehovah Witness, a Buddist as our president.
    Or a Mormon

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I don;t enter threads to bug people.
    good one

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    I don;t enter threads to bug people.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I don;t and we see a perfect example of that right here. I'm ...trying...to talk about the topic and what happens?

Post Count
    I don;t and we see a perfect example of that right here.
    You entered this very thread to whimper-wah and hump the legs of anyone who doesn't share your outdated Jeebo opinion of sexuality

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You entered this very thread to whimper-wah and hump the legs of anyone who doesn't share your outdated Jeebo opinion of sexuality
    So tell me slick if my opinion is outdated then why is this guys sexuality a topic for discussion at all? Do you think at all before posting? So why are there....STILL..closets for s to come out of?

You have heard about his Missouri teammates (young teammates) talking about him behind his back....right?

Post Count
    So tell me slick if my opinion is outdated then why is this guys sexuality a topic for discussion at all?
    Because there are still too many old got Jeebo s like you who cling to the wrong side of history.... once Gen X and the Millennials rise to positions of power in this country, sexuality won't be looked at as a big deal anymore, because we don't cling to the words of a book of ancient fairy tales

Younger generations tend to be more liberal on social issues, which is why your views are becoming obsolete, tbh....

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I don;t and we see a perfect example of that right here. I'm ...trying...to talk about the topic and what happens?
    knee slapper

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Because there are still too many old got Jeebo s like you who cling to the wrong side of history.... once Gen X and the Millennials rise to positions of power, sexuality won't be looked at as a big deal anymore, because we don't cling to the words of a book of ancient fairy tales
    So his Missouri teammates are old gots at 21-ish? Don't get out much do ya slugger?

Do I really have to take to countries around the world and their stance on sexuality? Wanna start in Jamaica?

Post Count
    So his Missouri teammates are old gots at 21-ish? Don't get out much do ya slugger?
    His Missouri teammates not only supported him but even respected his wishes to not blab it to the media early and spoil his public coming-out, tbh....

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    His Missouri teammates not only supported him but even respected his wishes to not blab it to the media early and spoil his public coming-out, tbh....
    Oh really, so you don't keep up with the "current" news do ya?

How about sexuality around the world?

Post Count
    From the article in the OP:
    He had already confided in a few close friends, Sam recalled, and had dated a fellow athlete who was not a football player -- so while coming out to his Mizzou teammates last year was a key moment, it came almost as an afterthought, during preseason training camp.

"Coaches just wanted to know a little about ourselves, our majors, where we're from, and something that no one knows about you," Sam said. "And I used that opportunity just to tell them that I was gay. And their reaction was like, 'Michael Sam finally told us.' "

Asked what that moment felt like, Sam said, "I was kind of scared, even though they already knew. Just to see their reaction was awesome. They supported me from Day One. I couldn't have better teammates. ... I'm telling you what: I wouldn't have the strength to do this today if I didn't know how much support they'd given me this past semester."

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    From the article in the OP:
    Dude, we all know about that..obviously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you don't keep up with the "current" news.

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_fo..._back/15752606

Look stupid most people are going to tell the little girl..."your dog will come back:"...ok? I know....zoooommmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Avante; 02-12-2014 at 03:19 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

How about staying on the ing topic at hand, it's about a gay football player. You're the one who is going off topic and trying to make this your soap box by going off topic and then ing about people going off topic.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Trainwreck2100;7130246]How about staying on the ing topic at hand, it's about a gay football player. You're the one who is going off topic and trying to make this your soap box by going off topic and then ing about people going off topic.[/QUOTE

How about pulling your head out of your ass er and looking at what I was responding to, got it!

Post Count
    I love how after claiming that our society "doesn't want to be disgusted by gots" despite polling data showing support for gay marriage, you're now moving the goalposts to other countries.... how is the rest of the world relevant?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Avante;7130248]
    How about staying on the ing topic at hand, it's about a gay football player. You're the one who is going off topic and trying to make this your soap box by going off topic and then ing about people going off topic.[/QUOTE

How about pulling your head out of your ass er and looking at what I was responding to, got it!
    and that makes my post invalid because???
    inb4 you don't get it blah blah all the other stuff you spout when proven how full of you are

Post Count
    Dude, we all know about that..obviously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you don't keep up with the "current" news.

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_fo..._back/15752606

Look stupid most people are going to tell the little girl..."your dog will come back:"...ok? I know....zoooommmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So you have tweets from one player without any actual proof of what was said, tbh.... not really disproving my point....

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    So you have tweets from one player without any actual proof of what was said, tbh.... not really disproving my point....
    Mizzou and Sam were awful this year in football. The locker room was clearly full of shower stall tension.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I love how after claiming that our society "doesn't want to be disgusted by gots" despite polling data showing support for gay marriage, you're now moving the goalposts to other countries.... how is the rest of the world relevant?
    You are comparing marriage to digusting behavior?. And......we aren't alone here amigo it's a big old world out there....honest!

Post Count
    You are comparing marriage to digusting behavior?
    And you think the simple act of being gay is "disgusting behavior," tbh....

And......we aren't alone here amigo it's a big old world out there....honest!
    So we should adopt third-world countries' social views, then?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Are you really this lost, sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I read..."his teammates were very supportive of him"...my first thought, sure to his face. Dude, do you work for a living actually get out and do anything besides.... got/smilie face....well? Are you really telling me you actually believe it's..."hey being gay is fine with me".....you cannot be that ing lost.

Thread Information