2011 Packers: Lost to Giants in divisional playoffs after bye
    2012 Giants: Missed Playoffs
    2013 Ravens: Missed Playoffs
    2014 Seahawks: ?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No white sprinter had ever ran a sub10.00, enter Frances Christopher LeMaitre.

No Seahawks team had won a Superbowl, enter the 2013 team.

No USC coach had ever won the NCAA le and the NFL le, enter Pete Carroll.

No U of Nevada QB had ever played in a Superbowl, enter Colin Kaepernick.

No black QB had ever won a Superbowl, enter Gramblings Doug Williams.

No black athlete had ever won the Heisman, enter Syracuses Ernie Davis.

No sprinter from Trinidad had ever won the Olympic 100, enter Hasely Crawford in 1976.

No running back had ever had two consecutive 1000 yard rushing seasons, enter the Niners Joe "The Jet" Perry in 1953/54.

No receiver out of a HBCU school had ever had a 1000 yards in an NFL season, enter Bullet Bob Hayes FAMU in 1967.

No AFL team had ever won the Superbowl, enter Joe Namath and the NY Jets in 1969.

No black fighter had ever held a world championship until George "Little Chocolate" Dixon knocked out Cal McCarthy in the 22nd round in 1891. They had fought to a 70 round draw a year earlier.

Nobody beat Michigan from 1901 to 1906 until the very last game of 1906 when they lost to Chicago 2-0. They scored over 2000 points giving up a mere 36 in that period. four times scoring over a 100 and never giving up more than 12.

An all black high school in Shelbyville Tennessee won 78 games in a row, the first three years of that run nobody.........crossed the 50 yard line on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could go on and on and on and......

No black had ever performed on the Grand Old Opry stage, enter harmonica wizard Deford Bailey.

No black had ever won an Oscar, enter Butterfly McQueen.

No running back out of Alabama had ever won the Rookie of the Year, enter Eddie Lacy.

No receiver out of Missississpi Valley State had ever inducted into the HOF, enter Jerry Rice.

And it goes on and on and on.......

No QB out of Delaware had ever won a Superbowl, enter Joe Flacco.

No player in pro football history had ever gained a 1000 yards with no college experience, enter Bills fullback Cookie Gilchrist in 1963. Straight from HS into the CFL.

No Olympic long jump medalist had ever played in the NFL until Cornell's Bo Roberson in 1961, yep.....a Raider.

Nobody had ever had two 100 QB ratings their first two seasons as an NFL QB, enter Russell Wilson.

No QB in NFL history had ever tied the TD rookie record, set the QB rating rating record for the first two seasons and won a Superbowl in under three years, enter Russell Wilson.

And it goes on and on and on.............
    Last edited by Avante; 02-10-2014 at 03:29 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    OP I'll bet you 100 dollars that the Seahawks win a playoff game in the 2014-15 season

Gorilla Warfare KoolAid Mans Brother's Avatar
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    OP I'll bet you 100 dollars that the Seahawks win a playoff game in the 2014-15 season
    I'll think about it and make a decision after free agency, the draft, final rosters, etc.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Tbh, OP was right about the Super Bowl loser's curse, but I don't really see this one continuing.... Seahawks are well-positioned to repeat roster-wise, tbh...

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'll think about it and make a decision after free agency, the draft, final rosters, etc.
    How come you didn't post this thread after free agency, the draft, final rosters, etc......then?

I guarantee the Seahawks win a playoff game in 2014, if they don't permanet bannishment from here and Spurtalk all together. You in with that bet, we can wait until after............

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't see the trend continuing with Seattle barring injuries.

Post Count
    I guarantee the Seahawks win a playoff game in 2014
    Forget what I just said, they're fcked now

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Forget what I just said, they're fcked now
    Hahahahaha...finally..a funny

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    The gap between SEA/SF and the rest of the NFC is too wide right now for this to continue

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The gap between SEA/SF and the rest of the NFC is too wide right now for this to continue
    I can see GB in the mix.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I can see GB in the mix.
    I picked GB as my early sleeper next year with the assumption that they stay healthy and at least do something to fix the D

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I picked GB as my early sleeper next year with the assumption that they stay healthy and at least do something to fix the D
    They could go 6-0 in that division as is. But I agree they do need a stud free agent/draft cats to come on, on the D side. If they plan on dealing with the NFC West.

Cool thread Stuart Scott

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Can't rule out NO either if they can stop being cucks and losing to ty teams on the road during the regular season.

cue No Lyfe any minute now with the "wut about muh Panthers" bads per par etc

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    I think there are only 5 teams next season that have any sort of prayer in dethroning Seattle in the playoffs

1) NO (best shot imho. Elite quarterback and balanced team, just need to cut out the fluky losses on the road)
    2) GB (if Rodgers can get some help)
    3) SF ( I know it's a rivalry but I'll never pick Kaepernick against that defense in a big game)
    4)NYG (If they decide to play football next season they could go on a run like they always do )
    5) DET (All that talent + if they can somehow put it all together [yeah right] they could be a nuisance in the playoffs with Megatron, Bush, Suh, etc.)

It's too bad Jim Schwartz was too busy smashing headphones and cussing out the other team/his own fans instead of actually coaching tbh imho fwiw

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    1a.) Seattle--Do they still have that 'Misfit' label on them? They may have drank the wine and now the motivation isn't going to be razor sharp. However, they do take each slight personal and I think hearing the pundits say that Denver was going to blast 'em and how their D couldn't stop the no.1 offense shows that they don't have any issue of making things seem personal. They have more chips on they shoulders than Frito-Lay.

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    1a.) Seattle--Do they still have that 'Misfit' label on them? They may have drank the wine and now the motivation isn't going to be razor sharp. However, they do take each slight personal and I think hearing the pundits say that Denver was going to blast 'em and how their D couldn't stop the no.1 offense shows that they don't have any issue of making things seem personal. They have more chips on they shoulders than Frito-Lay.
    Denver's downfall was their entire defense imploded with injuries. There was virtually no starters on that defense by the Superbowl. The Seahawks didnt face any major defensive injuries except for 1. It's going to be about health next year.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Denver's downfall was their entire defense imploded with injuries. There was virtually no starters on that defense by the Superbowl. The Seahawks didnt face any major defensive injuries except for 1. It's going to be about health next year.
    even though Denver's defense was , i wouldn't say that was their downfall in the big one... they scored 8 points, the Seahawks defense scored 9, and the hawks special teams scored 7. like i said post SB, the seahawks offense had a good game, but it wasn't really relevant

Post Count
    Your downfall was the choke artist quarterback and so-called "greatest offense in history" ting the bed, tbh.... let's not pretend like a healthy Donks defense is anywhere near Seahawks/Whiners status

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Tbh, OP was right about the Super Bowl loser's curse, but I don't really see this one continuing.... Seahawks are well-positioned to repeat roster-wise, tbh...
    Problem is in that division they could win 11 or 12 games and end up with a wild card and a road game in the first round, which is what happened to the 49ers this year.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    With the 6th hardest schedule its quite possible that they could reverse roles with the 49ers--that division is a far cry from the days of when Seattle won it with a horrid 7-9 record.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Problem is in that division they could win 11 or 12 games and end up with a wild card and a road game in the first round, which is what happened to the 49ers this year.
    This. and then whottt if they have to go to the Superdome or Lambeau?

way too early to automatically assume Seattle will win a playoff game

Gorilla Warfare KoolAid Mans Brother's Avatar
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I guarantee the Seahawks win a playoff game in 2014, if they don't permanet bannishment from here and Spurtalk all together. You in with that bet, we can wait until after............
    I accept this bet. If the Seahawks win a playoff game, I'm gone for good. If Seattle does not make the playoffs or does not win a playoff game, you're gone for good.

Please confirm that we have a deal.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    One stipulation....

Russell Wilson can't get hurt.

Ok?

Thread Information