Page 278 of 278 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278
Results 6,926 to 6,947 of 6947
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We've won 4 bowl games in a row. You?
    You should not have been in a bowl game. You were horrendous. Just like us. And you still ducked us to play a worse team missing their most important player. Small victories, always small victories...

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    So it's important that Strong has coached 33 players to the NFL (what level of involvement did he have with those players, by the way?), but it's not important that Chavis has coached over twice that many to the NFL?

What offensive players has he developed?
    Joeckel was selected 2nd in the 2013 draft. Sumlin had 3 offensive players selected in the first 22 picks last year. Manziel played 3 or so games before he was injured his rookie year. And Gruden told Manziel that 'all the people who say you can't read an NFL defense can kiss my ass.' I think I'd put more stock in his evaluation than in yours, Mr. 'offense first in overtime.'
    Sumlin has been involved with the development of Drew Brees, Keenum, and Manziel. Keenum never had the physical tools to start in the NFL, but Sumlin helped him set several records at UH. He helped Manziel win the Heisman in his redshirt freshman year and get drafted in the first round, despite his atypical frame for an NFL player. Sumlin has multiple NFL teams trying to hire him away from A&M, not to mention USC a year ago. How many NFL teams has Strong turned down recently? I'll trust experienced NFL personnel over your evaluations.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So it's important that Strong has coached 33 players to the NFL (what level of involvement did he have with those players, by the way?), but it's not important that Chavis has coached over twice that many to the NFL?

Sumlin has been involved with the development of Drew Brees, Keenum, and Manziel. Keenum never had the physical tools to start in the NFL, but Sumlin helped him set several records at UH. He helped Manziel win the Heisman in his redshirt freshman year and get drafted in the first round, despite his atypical frame for an NFL player. Sumlin has multiple NFL teams trying to hire him away from A&M, not to mention USC a year ago. How many NFL teams has Strong turned down recently? I'll trust experienced NFL personnel over your evaluations.
    Manziel is in rehab and Keenum is a practice squad player. Neither can read an NFL defense. Manziel can't even read a playbook. Brees is a system player

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Why don't you list the '33 players' Strong has put into the NFL, and the level of involvement he had with each?

Post Count
    I'll freely admit I'm not counting how many players each coach has sent to the NFL but what is the criteria here? I know Chavis has been a DC for like 15 more years than Strong so that might be worth mentioning. At the end of the day, Strong has accomplished something as a head coach, 2 conference championships and 1 BCS bowl victory. Sumlin? Not so much.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Congrats. You have won 6 bowl games since 1995.

My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    We've won 4 bowl games in a row. You?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    a decade ago

My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I know he's a troll, but this was surgical.

Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That's ing sad.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns