Page 137 of 278 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 6947
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Did he say why? Where was James?

Also, we missed Edmond and Hall a lot.
    Edmond played. Or am I taking crazy pills?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Edmond played. Or am I taking crazy pills?
    He wasn't starting. He played some in the second half.

Post Count
    i do like how coach strong handled the press conference, saying that the defense needed that game so they wouldn't be so y.
    I don't have a problem with it.

Post Count
    If Muschamp is fired at Florida, will we be able to raid his 2015 recruiting class considering Strong's Florida connections?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If Muschamp is fired at Florida, will we be able to raid his 2015 recruiting class considering Strong's Florida connections?
    I wouldn't count on it. Only three of the players currently committed to Florida, has been linked with Texas. ATH/WR Derrick Dillon has been to Austin and early in the process, he was pretty high on Texas. He was never offered. OT George Brown Jr. was one of the first OL offers by the new staff. He said he would visit Austin in the spring, but that didn't happen. He seems locked in on playing in the Southeast. ATH/LB Adonis Thomas was a player that Strong aggressively recruited at Louisville, but when Strong got to Texas, he was re-offered, but nothing ever happened.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Charles O getting after it...

Didn't Iowa State put up 40+ in Austin yesterday?

Post Count
    That tweet was made at 4:11 PM, before the UT game. But yes, Texas D was not good last night. Injuries are in part to blame for it though (e.g., Hall and Edmonds). It had been good for most of the season though.

On a brighter note:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah, but the Horns scored more. How many did Aggy score?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    That tweet was made at 4:11 PM, before the UT game. But yes, Texas D was not good last night. Injuries are in part to blame for it though (e.g., Hall and Edmonds). It had been good for most of the season though.

On a brighter note:

Well played. Can't even attempt to talk after that performance.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What the does this mean? He's admitting that Hughes sucks but he played him anyways?
    He was saying Hughes was basically his only option at tackle with James out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    When is Malik expected to announce?
    He and ATH DeAndre McNeal are supposed to announce about a week before Christmas.

@ SportsCenter: Comeback complete! Colt McCoy replaces Kirk Cousins, leads GW drive. WSH beats TEN, 19-17.
    McCoy: 11-12, 128 Yds, TD http://t.co/6PIBgT1b5I

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Strong said in the press conference they call OL Camrhon Hughes "NCAA...No Contact At All".

Said the "boy don't block anybody, but I had to start him at tackle."
    Jeff Howe of 24/7 says, that he has been told some personal issues came up for Darius James. It was all cleared with the staff and he is NOT in the doghouse. The original plan was for Hughes to start one or two series, and then swap James in, but the staff liked what they saw from Hughes. Howe is also hearing that both James and Hughes could start at OT next week against K-State.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB Cameron Townsend is committing on October 26th, so he's a solid guess.

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    Yeah, but the Horns scored more. How many did Aggy score?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2016 S Brandon Jones of Nacogdoches after his visit to UT this weekend (24/7):

"I love it, man," Jones said. "It was awesome!"

"Just the atmosphere on game day. The people in the community, the coaching staff, and the football team of course was great," Jones said.

"They told me they need me up there and they already have my jersey reserved for if I come and stuff," Jones said. "I was like 'hey, pad me up.'"

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on WR John Burt of Tallahassee, FL (24/7):

“It kind of just worked out that way,” Burt told Horns247. “I didn’t know that I was taking the trip until after my game on Thursday. (My parents) just happened to get some plane tickets out here at a pretty good price.”

“We were (trying to get to Austin),” Burt said. “It just worked out this time.”

“(They were) saying pretty much the same stuff they’ve always been telling me,” Burt said. “That they really want me, and they have a need for me, but they say they don’t want to pressure me or anything, and they do a pretty good job of that, which is always good.”

“He (Tyrone Swoopes) has really improved since his first start,” Burt said. “He’s getting better. He’s throwing for more yards and a lot more passes."

“They’re (Auburn and Texas) pretty similar in every aspect at this point,” Burt said. “I feel like they both have pretty much the same things to offer. That’s kind of where I’m having some thoughts.”

“I couldn’t say (anything about my commitment),” Burt said. “I’m not really sure. They’re kind of moving around.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Week 9 television schedule. Another Tuesday game this week:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/9

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Strong mentioned this morning in his press conference that utilizing the zone read with Swoopes the past two weeks has been all Coach Wickline.

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    Strong mentioned this morning in his press conference that utilizing the zone read with Swoopes the past two weeks has been all Coach Wickline.
    Cool, they need to utilize it a little bit more IMO. Which I'm sure they will as Swoopes continues his growth.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cool, they need to utilize it a little bit more IMO. Which I'm sure they will as Swoopes continues his growth.
    Swoopes is somewhat of a plodder as a runner, but he's good enough to run that look.

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    Swoopes is somewhat of a plodder as a runner, but he's good enough to run that look.
    He's not supremely fast but hes not quite as slow as people may have begun to think, simply because he is so big. He looks slower than he actually is IMO.

Thread Information