Post Count
    Comin' on Strong Tour makes its first stop in Fort Worth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=dexpUL-hUFI

Can't wait until Thursday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Interesting post from the A&M 24/7 site:

"We’d be lying if we said the recent Aggie Football arrests are not affecting recruiting. Truthfully, there are families concerned about the discipline issues that have occurred this spring and those incidents have also allowed competing schools to use that against A&M when recruiting players like 5-star DT Daylon Mack.

This explains some of the recent Tweets from the Gladewater defender.

We’re not alluding to a decommitment from the All-American but it’s worth noting that the month of May is always a time in the recruiting cycle where you see kids second guess their commitment at times. That’s because colleges are doing their due diligence during the spring recruiting period and prospects that enjoy the process tend to get excited about all the attention again.

The Texas staff has reached out to the Mack family and want him to visit soon. This is something that Daylon may entertain over the next few months so we wanted to give you all the heads up so it doesn’t catch anyone off guard if he does make it down to Austin.

Many people close to Daylon’s recruitment, including family members, feel like A&M will still be his ultimate destination. However, it’s safe to say that Mack will be evaluating the Aggie defense closely next season, and depending on how things go, could affect where things stand in a positive or negative way."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From 24/7, a source told them CB Kris Boyd may have committed on Saturday had he showed up in Austin:

“Texas is in a good place for him,” said the source. “There was a chance that he just went ahead and shut everything down and committed. He would like to get committed and enrolled early. He’s focusing on choosing his best bet.”

“He was very upset that he wasn’t able to go to the spring game.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on DE/LB Bo Wallace of River Ridge, LA after visiting Austin for the spring game (24/7):

“Things with my recruitment have changed after visiting (Texas),” Wallace said. “I’m still thinking so I haven’t said anything yet publicly, but they have changed now. I’m just keeping things to myself right now until I see more, but there’s no doubt that the visit to Texas changed things."

“It helped them a lot,” he added. “The campus was beautiful and the coaching staff was very cool.”

“Oh it’s going to be a while,” Wallace told Horns247. “I’m waiting until signing day.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Du'Vonta Lampkin of Cypress Falls just de-committed from Oklahoma.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Du'Vonta Lampkin of Cypress Falls just de-committed from Oklahoma.
    Based on tweets between him and Otaro Alaka, it sounds like he may have silently committed to A&M.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We may have a new juco target. Pat Thomas, a QB at Georgia Military College, tweeted this illuminating comment today:

@PatrickThomasJr: UT ?
    He and Shawn Watson followed each other today, so there's been some contact. He visited Louisville last week but doesn't have an offer from them.

http://247sports.com/Player/Pat-Thomas-35461
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1361847/highlights/85638385

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    What's going on with OU that they're losing recruits? I would have thought after beating Bama that they'd have a great recruiting season.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Texas's pro day did not go well, as the offense struggled throughout the day and were unimpressive. In fact, A&M commit and current Tech target Jordan Davis left at halftime it was so bad. This may be good for the Red Raiders in picking up some in-state talent from the Longhorns.

http://www.vivathematadors.com/2014/...update-4-22-14
    Is this for reals?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The real question is why? Is it for grade improvement, is he in a situation where he needs to be removed from a bad influence, or is he in trouble?
    Alternative school in almost all Texas HS means he Fd up. And probably badly, like this probably was not his first time in trouble. An academic student can kiss an academic school goodbye with this on record.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Is this for reals?
    Yes but you don't want him. On multiple interviews he's talked about the importance of DJ's in practice.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yes but you don't want him. On multiple interviews he's talked about the importance of DJ's in practice.
    What the .

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Huge red flag.

Post Count
    lol

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We may have a new juco target. Pat Thomas, a QB at Georgia Military College, tweeted this illuminating comment today:

He and Shawn Watson followed each other today, so there's been some contact. He visited Louisville last week but doesn't have an offer from them.

http://247sports.com/Player/Pat-Thomas-35461
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1361847/highlights/85638385
    Great find. Interesting timing because OrangeBloods mentioned UT looking to bring in another QB for the 2014 season in addition to Wittek. This kid matches that description.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Based on tweets between him and Otaro Alaka, it sounds like he may have silently committed to A&M.

Unless he was just offered by A&M, he will have a hard time committing.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Unless he was just offered by A&M, he will have a hard time committing.
    According to 247 a&m mods their coaches are going to be visiting Lampkin's high school

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Huge red flag.
    Obviously wanting to have fun at practice and liking vibe of DJ is no red flag. That said you'd rather hear somebody's primary reason to choose your school is because best shot at NFL, the coaches develop players, to play for championships, etc, versus talking about how you like DJ at practice and it's not a grind like at other schools.
    Last edited by the chronic; 04-23-2014 at 09:42 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting DT Bryce English is no longer committed to Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting DT Bryce English is no longer committed to Texas.
    I can live with that! Hopefully Claude Mathis understands and don't go all West Orange-Stark on the coaches (granted those stories are true).

For the second time in a few months, he have removed the "University of Texas commit" from his Twitter Bio. Hopefully OB has moret han that.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For the second time in a few months, he have removed the "University of Texas commit" from his Twitter Bio. Hopefully OB has moret han that.
    247 is saying it now, too.
    JeffHowe247: Per DeSoto HC Claude Mathis, three-star DT Bryce English is no longer committed to the #Longhorns

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recent quotes from DT Daylon Mack (24/7):

“I’ve always had big interest in them (Texas),” Mack said. “But production on the field is going to be big to me on some schools I’m looking at right now.”

“I think they'll improve,” he said. “Seeing them win ten games would be nice. If that happened it would be something to look at.”

“I think I will (visit Texas) at some point,” Mack told Horns247.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on WR John Burt of Tallahassee, FL (24/7):

“Nothing is really going on right now,” Burt said. “I’m not taking any visits right now or anything. Texas is still the leader and I’m just thinking it over. Behind them is Florida State, Auburn, Florida and Miami, but they [Texas] are up there right now.”

“We spoke for a while,” said Burt. “We just talked about some different stuff, but he (Coach Vaughn) told me that he would be coming out to see me the second week of our spring ball. They want me to get back down to Austin, too. I’m not sure when it will be, but probably over the summer or an official.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying TE Devonaire Clarington of Hialeah, FL still has legitimate interest in Texas and there is a plan in place for him to visit Austin this summer. No date has been set at this time.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    THE KRAKEN. ‏@DeShonElliott_4
    Texas has discipline. A&M is a circus.

Naturally he deleted this after the aggy backlash on twitter

Thread Information