New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Thanks for the updates, MeloHype . I am actually surprised the LT market looks to be so tame. People were talking Monroe making up to $13M APY. Now it seems like $9-10 is a realistic possibility.

No way they try to outbid Cleveland for Mack, though.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sunreports that the Ravens are “expected to emerge as a strong potential landing spot” for Smith if and when that comes to pass. The Ravens are definitely in the market for help at wideout this offseason and Smith would make a nice fit across from Torrey Smith in the role that Anquan Boldin played during the team’s Super Bowl run.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/11/report-ravens-expected-to-be-strong-potential-landing-spot-for-steve-smith/

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The Ravens locked up Monroe on a $37.5M/5 deal. That's tremendous. That's half of what some rumors said he'd get.

In Ozzie we trust.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the raiders paid more than that for Saffold
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-31-2014 at 11:55 AM.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Chinook, I don't really watch the Ravens much so how good is Arthur Jones? Lot of people seem to like the signing and don't think the Colts paid too much. I'm sure we got him for the Pagano connection more than anything.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Chinook, I don't really watch the Ravens much so how good is Arthur Jones? Lot of people seem to like the signing and don't think the Colts paid too much. I'm sure we got him for the Pagano connection more than anything.
    He's a lot like Redding, honestly. He got playing time after Cory left and filled the spot seamlessly. Perfect five-tech: strong against the run put can also beat one-on-ones and get to the QB. He made several splash plays during the SB run.

His only flaw is that he can't succeed as the best player on the D-line. He'll disappear if he doesn't get enough favorable matchups. He's not an elite player, but then again, he's not getting elite money. I think his signing was a really good deal for the Colts depending on their other pass-rushers.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    He's a lot like Redding, honestly. He got playing time after Cory left and filled the spot seamlessly. Perfect five-tech: strong against the run put can also beat one-on-ones and get to the QB. He made several splash plays during the SB run.

His only flaw is that he can't succeed as the best player on the D-line. He'll disappear if he doesn't get enough favorable matchups. He's not an elite player, but then again, he's not getting elite money. I think his signing was a really good deal for the Colts depending on their other pass-rushers.
    Interesting comparison because a lot of Colts people seem to think he'll replace Redding after the next season or two. Being strong against the run is great, the Colts have needed more players like that since 2006, nice to see them finally try to fix it.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Jacoby's new deal is $14M/4 with $4.5M guaranteed. Pretty decent, and that means his cap number for 2014 could be in the $2M range. Fine deal that could be a steal if he continues hjsw growth but also is small enough to not prevent the team from upgrading at the third-receiver spot.

Supposedly, the team is also interested in Edelman. I'd hate that pickup.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Dunno why the Ravens want Smith so badly. But it would be a decent get if the contract is small.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Speaking of Smiths, Daryl Smith just re-upped on a $16.1M/4 deal. Nice to see him back on a good deal. Ozzie's been killing it re-signing his vets.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Steve Smith is a Raven on a $10.5M/3 deal. Weird. Not excited, but if he's willing to take the third role, it could be good. But with Smith and Jones signed, the Ravens commited an annual average of $7 Million to their third and fourth receivers. Or at least to those who SHOULD be their third and fourth receivers. Hope the team still drafts Evans if he falls to them.
    Last edited by Chinook; 03-14-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    So Patriots signed Browner. Their secondary is looking very good.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    So Patriots signed Browner. Their secondary is looking very good.
    All right.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Wrong thread

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The Ravens have signed former Rams Safety Darian Stewart to a one-year deal. He played under Spags in St. Louis and is most famous to Ravens fans for being burned on all three of Torrey Smith's first TD catches. Don't understand why the Ravens are risking a fifth-round compensatory pick for him.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    The Ravens have signed former Rams Safety Darian Stewart to a one-year deal. He played under Spags in St. Louis and is most famous to Ravens fans for being burned on all three of Torrey Smith's first TD catches. Don't understand why the Ravens are risking a fifth-round compensatory pick for him.
    IOWT

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Now the Ravens are linked to Blount. I'd be livid if the team gave up a fourth-roune compensatory pick to sign him. There are tons of good backs in the draft and on the street.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The Ravens traded for Jeremy Zuttah using a 2015 draft pick. I imagine it's a late pick that may rise in value depending on playing time. Interesting trade. Zuttah is versatile, but he's best as a depth interior lineman. He makes a lot of money (for his role), too.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    The Ravens traded for Jeremy Zuttah using a 2015 draft pick. I imagine it's a late pick that may rise in value depending on playing time. Interesting trade. Zuttah is versatile, but he's best as a depth interior lineman. He makes a lot of money (for his role), too.
    Just read on the Ravens board they extended Zuttah's deal to lower his cap hit.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Ravens will draft a FS or if Omar Brown is their guy.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Just read on the Ravens board they extended Zuttah's deal to lower his cap hit.
    Yeah, and supposedly, they only gave up a 2015 fifth-rounder. That's solid if Zuttah is the answer.

I like Brown, but I don't think the Ravens plan for him to have much of a shot to start next season. They reportedly like Stewart ad a starter until they get a draft pick up to speed. It's likely Brown would come into camp at no better than third on the depth chart.

Thread Information