Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And a rookie isn't going to be starting at any of them. One of our starters at the end of last year is probably our 5th DB. The person who he replaced has been kicked to the curb.

Flowers is better than any CB we had last year and we has proven plenty

And about the pass rush. Like I said, all four of our starting LB's were injured for a good portion of last year.
    You went 7-9 in 2012, were your backers healthy then? Why fight it guy, the Chargers are a very average defense. Not a strong unit on the defense, regardless of health. You drafted a DB number one for a reason, yep.....weak secondary....as I mentioned.

Stupid is ignoring reality.

hope and change
    Post Count
    I recall Flowers once being a pretty good CB, why did the Chiefs cut him?

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    I recall Flowers once being a pretty good CB, why did the Chiefs cut him?
    They played a different system before reid got there. I think he was injured and didn't do well in the first game and they moved him inside where he wasn't as good.

And they saved a bunch of money by cutting him.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Let's break it down and I will be optimistic.

At Arizona....loss
    Seattle...loss
    At Buffalo....win
    Jacksonville..win
    NYJ..win
    At Oakland..win
    KC...win
    AT Denver..loss
    at Miami...loss
    Oakland..win
    St.Louis..win
    AT Baltimore..loss
    NE...loss
    Denver...win
    At Niners..loss
    At KC..loss

I got 8-8 and tried my best to be optimistic. The Chargers are not a great road team. Been a long time since they
    have gone 5-3 or better. I don't see that changing.

So where do they get 10 wins?

They do have a very weak secondary. And no stud pass rushers, that is not a good combo.

You can't really say that this Chargers team right now isn't a good road team, after going to Denver and Kansas City and winning both games. Then going to Cincinnati who were unbeaten at home and winning.

Dwight Freeney when healthy even at his age is a stud pass rusher. Many great young guys who can get to the QB such as Melvin Ingram (out all last year until playoffs where he gets an INT), Corey Liuget (led the team in sacks whilst playing with a shoulder injury all season) and Kendall Reyes.

Weddle is an elite safety, Flowers is a damn near elite corner when playing in the right system.

You may be right, the team may very well only win 8 games, but I believe that they could very easily win 10-12 games if every player is healthy.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    You can't really say that this Chargers team right now isn't a good road team, after going to Denver and Kansas City and winning both games. Then going to Cincinnati who were unbeaten at home and winning.
    But but but his almanacs say it, so it must be true!

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    You are relying on a rookie and nobody other than Weddle who has proven anything. Keep in mind the Chargers were 29th vs the pass last season. You expect to see a ...dramatic...change in a year?
    It happened with the Saints defense last season. The year before they were the worst defense in NFL history and this past season they were a top 5 overall defense.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I'm rooting for this Chargers team to contend for the AFC West and in the AFC in general.

Post Count
    Well, lost in the traditional week 1 chokejob was the ing amazing performance of our top 2 rookies, Jason Verrett and Jerry Attaochu.... for last night's game, Verrett tied with Weddle for the best overall grade on the team at +3.5, and he led the defense in pass coverage with a +3.3 grade despite going up against Larry ing Fitzgerald.... he didn't even look like a rookie out there... meanwhile, Attaochu led our defense with a pass-rushing grade of +1.8 (including a strip-sack of Palmer) and even blocked a punt.... loved both picks at the time and they look even better now....

Too bad this young talent is being wasted by our gutless, pussy, Norv-esque coaching staff and an inbred quarterback who's responsible for more kids than clutch drives....

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Allen dropped the game on that final game

Teo shouldn't be starting on a Playoff team

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Well, lost in the traditional week 1 chokejob was the ing amazing performance of our top 2 rookies, Jason Verrett and Jerry Attaochu.... for last night's game, Verrett tied with Weddle for the best overall grade on the team at +3.5, and he led the defense in pass coverage with a +3.3 grade despite going up against Larry ing Fitzgerald.... he didn't even look like a rookie out there... meanwhile, Attaochu led our defense with a pass-rushing grade of +1.8 (including a strip-sack of Palmer) and even blocked a punt.... loved both picks at the time and they look even better now....

Too bad this young talent is being wasted by our gutless, pussy, Norv-esque coaching staff and an inbred quarterback who's responsible for more kids than clutch drives....
    Verrett was mostly matched up with a rookie and was on fitz a little bit. Flowers was mostly on Fitz and did very well.

Post Count
    Verrett was mostly matched up with a rookie and was on fitz a little bit. Flowers was mostly on Fitz and did very well.
    Didn't say he was on Fitz all game, just that he went up against Fitz occasionally....

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Hardwick out for year.

Welp, it was a good run, if you need me I'll be in the Soccer forum.

Post Count
    That + Fluker getting an MRI = we fuuuuuuuuucked!

Oh well, at least we can finally dump Philbilly and his 86 kids once we draft Mariota....

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Man, that sucks for you Charger fans.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    That + Fluker getting an MRI = we fuuuuuuuuucked!

Oh well, at least we can finally dump Philbilly and his 86 kids once we draft Mariota....
    its a shame Philbilly's contract didn't expire last year, your Carr > Rivers dream could have come true

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Man, that sucks for you Charger fans.
    Kinda, but he is usually hurt anyways so now we can fill his spot with someone who isn't.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    And a rookie isn't going to be starting at any of them. One of our starters at the end of last year is probably our 5th DB. The person who he replaced has been kicked to the curb.

Flowers is better than any CB we had last year and we has proven plenty

And about the pass rush. Like I said, all four of our starting LB's were injured for a good portion of last year.
    I'll amend my first statement. That rookie should be starting soon because he is that dang good.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Verrett looked really impressive. I'd take him over Heart Surgery Hayden

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Kinda, but he is usually hurt anyways so now we can fill his spot with someone who isn't.
    Hurt always? He's started in 136 games and 67 straight...that doesn't seem to me to be the definition of 'injury proned'...

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Hurt always? He's started in 136 games and 67 straight...that doesn't seem to me to be the definition of 'injury proned'...
    I stand corrected. I could have sworn he had years like 2009 more recently. And I thought he missed some time from a concussion and other nagging injuries. Where have I been?

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    I stand corrected. I could have sworn he had years like 2009 more recently. And I thought he missed some time from a concussion and other nagging injuries. Where have I been?
    Could've possibly been the people around him--they've been decimated with injuries.

Post Count
    Flowers out today.... we're gonna get raped, no lube, Seattle might put up 60

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Flowers out today.... we're gonna get raped, no lube, Seattle might put up 60
    why does it matter if their qb is just a game manager anyway?

Thread Information