My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    we needed a left tackle... penn at right tackle is a luxury

you ers have trent

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    none of this matters until they can get a freaking quarterback.

hopefully Pryor can somehow keep improving, but im not confident he will improve enough

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    none of this matters until they can get a freaking quarterback.

hopefully Pryor can somehow keep improving, but im not confident he will improve enough
    i doubt they're going to ride out pryor. they're looking to pick up a stopgap this year (schaub is their top option) and might draft one depending on who falls where

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    schaub would be nice for the time being, would allow whomever they draft to have time to learn and grow, while occasionally getting some snaps on the games schaub is sucking

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    i doubt they're going to ride out pryor. they're looking to pick up a stopgap this year (schaub is their top option) and might draft one depending on who falls where
    pryor needs to switch position, tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Penn's signing was for 2 years, 9.6 million, with 4.2 mil guaranteed. basically a 1 year deal with a team option for year 2

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Charles Woodson re-ups for one more year

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    da Raiduhhhsss turned what was a terrible start to FA into a decent one...

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    da Raiduhhhsss turned what was a terrible start to FA into a decent one...
    read a sit down interview w/ McKenzie. he basically went on and on about how u dont build through FA. build through the draft, fill gaps with FA. picking up vets to fill in as starters for 2-3 years while we draft their replacements over that time. it makes sense, but its frustrating to endure, especially since he hasn't been a particularly great drafter

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Incognito says he would 100% like to be a Raider

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    read a sit down interview w/ McKenzie. he basically went on and on about how u dont build through FA. build through the draft, fill gaps with FA. picking up vets to fill in as starters for 2-3 years while we draft their replacements over that time. it makes sense, but its frustrating to endure, especially since he hasn't been a particularly great drafter
    True. It's been that way in Seattle ever since PC came aboard. It is really what others have been emulating as well. I know that is what he learned up in Green Bay. Hopefully they'll get some turnaround this year so that they can stick around and build some more. It seems that there is little patience and that is costing teams the chance to build something positive. A good Raiders team is beneficial for us California people--that gets the rivalries stoked and you have the 49ers and Raiders fans woofing.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    True. It's been that way in Seattle ever since PC came aboard. It is really what others have been emulating as well. I know that is what he learned up in Green Bay. Hopefully they'll get some turnaround this year so that they can stick around and build some more. It seems that there is little patience and that is costing teams the chance to build something positive. A good Raiders team is beneficial for us California people--that gets the rivalries stoked and you have the 49ers and Raiders fans woofing.
    if we had the same offseason but kept Veldheer, i would have had a much more positive tone though.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Raiders getting in on DeSean Jackson talks... looking like they want to fill the WR void here instead of drafting Watkins. Derek Carr is looking more surefire than ever

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    While I've been asking for schaub, I just hope the Fo is on the same page as me. Stopgap

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    -To me, Veldheer is the one must-resign guy if I had to choose one from the list. He's coming off a year where he was on the short IR since camp and didn't finish strong. Hopefully that allows us to not spend the farm.

- McFadden. adios mother er. I wouldn't mind bringing back Jennings at a reasonable deal, but I wouldn't bend over backwards for him. He's a good soldier who runs hard and can catch, but he's not an exceptional talent.

-I doubt they bring back Charles Woodson at anything more than a minimum. His only value comes in his knowledge/leadership. He physically isn't there anymore, though his instinct allowed him to make some big plays last year. He's a great mentor so I wouldn't mind him back. Having SS Tyvon Branch back from injury could theoretically make him look better too.

-In free agency, I expect the Raiders to take a look at the WR class, where the big names are Decker, Nicks, and Maclin. Not sure if any of these guys can be a true #1, which is really what the Raiders need. We have 2-3 guys that look like good #2' guys, and we don't need another. I hope they dont splurge on Decker who is a true #2, and I've been hearing him being linked to Oakland, though hopefully its just speculation.

-The interior of our offensive line has been absolute . Both of our starting guards are reserve caliber, and our reserves (who got most of the starts last year) are NCAA caliber. Tackles are fine, and Wisniewski plays well enough at center, but I hope we spend and pick up Alex Mack and slide Wiz back over to left guard where he had a stellar rookie campaign. Finding a free agent RG shouldn't be terribly difficult.

-The other big need is the obvious: the QB situation. This one is a serious pain because there really isn't much to like about this draft, which is reminiscent of the Cam Newton draft minus Cam Newton, with guys like Ponder, Locker, etc. Bortles, Bridgewater, Carr are all underwhelming, and JFF is a ridiculous risk given his size and style. It has been reported and shown on this forum that the Raiders are looking into Schaub, and Vick has been linked here as well. I know they're both laughable, butI actually think going with a veteran stopgap is best, rather than investing the #5 overall pick on a scrub QB who the brass doesn't even believe in, and proceed to invest 2-3 years into him. With the draft pick, I'm hoping to address either the DE or WR spot.
    some highlights from the OP...

a) lol veldheer situation...

b) lol mcfadden

c) good to see my nig C-wood back

d) didn't overspend on a WR2, james jones came in cheap. i wouldn't be surprised if we take a WR in the first 2 days of the draft

e) Kevin Boothe should slide in to start at left guard.

f) called schaub a while back, though i hope they aren't serious about having him a starter for "a few years." i dont mind him as a 1 year stopgap if they are planning to draft a qb this year, and have a raw guy like Carr develop. if not, a 1st round qb next season becomes a necessity unless schaub plays his ass off, which i don't anticipate

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the announcement of the schaub restructure means the raiders are trying to clear further cap room for this offseason, meaning they aren't done. jared allen/desean jackson are theoretically in play

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Sad. I liked him. Guy had been a good soldier but was informed he's not gna start.

Also at rotoworld ting bricks because the raiders didn't try to rebuild through free agency a la dolphins in 2012

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    The Raiders will be signing Maurice Jones Drew.. barring a failed physical or a surprise offer from another team in the next day. Will be a 2 year contract which will essentially be a 1 year deal. Solid move.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    The Raiders will be signing Maurice Jones Drew.. barring a failed physical or a surprise offer from another team in the next day. Will be a 2 year contract which will essentially be a 1 year deal. Solid move.
    why mjd why

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    solid offseason so far after a bad start. Starting to look like a team with a 7-9 ceiling which i'm okay with tbh.

Is he even good?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Part time role with McFadden sounds good

Thread Information