Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs turned a known depreciating asset (De Colo) into an unknown asset with possible upside (Daye). Don't see any problem with that.

That's how they see it on the Toronto side as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all on his defense but his Defensive Win Share is solid throughout his career. We might very well have acquired him to guard Durant.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../dayeau01.html
    his defensive rating is absolutely awful, among the worst in the league both this year and for his career. I think he has room to improve and if there is any place that can make him look good, it's here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his defensive rating is absolutely awful, among the worst in the league both this year and for his career. I think he has room to improve and if there is any place that can make him look good, it's here.
    Defensive rating is really heavily dependent on team defensive performance. On a dysfunctional Raptors team (for most of the year) his defensive rating will inevitably drop. On the Memphis team last season his defensive rating is 99, which is top 15 in the league. So maybe he's actually sneaky good on defense and our FO sees that.

I want to believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another soft jump-shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another soft jump-shooter.
    Pretty much. Spurs could have used a guy with more of an edge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno said the Spurs also got a TE, which would be worth the money by itself. But I'm skeptical of that. Because each team had 15 players on their roster, the Spurs had to treat the trade as a simultaneous deal, so they shouldn't have been able to use the min exception. Toronto should not have been able to use a TE for the same reason. Is there a flaw in this reasoning?
    This trade is simultaneous for Raptors and non-simultaneous for Spurs:
    - Raptors trade away Daye for a player that fit the 150% + $100k rule.
    - Spurs get Daye with the min salary exception and get a $1,463,00 trade exception for De Colo salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding Daye, I'm really very low on him. Everything I've seen/read suggest that he is an atrocious defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco Belinelli has a better chance of becoming the next Manu than Nando De Colo tbh...
    no tbh

0 = 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Spurs get Daye with the min salary exception and get a $1,463,00 trade exception for De Colo salary.
    OK. So the team trading a minimum salary player (Toronto) does count the salary as outgoing, but the team receiving the minimum salary player (San Antonio) does not count the minimum salary as incoming salary. So, salary-wise, it's like the Spurs traded De Colo for nothing (basketball-wise too, perhaps). My question is why is the CBA is structured so that minimum salary contracts are counted for the team trading the player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you, Bruno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a wash but we knew what we had with de colo, this guy might/might be an improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how they see it on the Toronto side as well
    The chance is there for both teams. Neither could end up actually seeing it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put this in another thread but figured i'd put here too lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My question is why is the CBA is structured so that minimum salary contracts are counted for the team trading the player?
    I would say it's logical that min contracts count for the outgoing team since it's the case for all other kind of contracts.

What isn't as logical is min contracts not counting for the receiving team. I guess the spirit behind that rule is, since teams are free to sign min players even when their MLE or cap space is gone, they should also be able to easily trade for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say it's logical that min contracts count for the outgoing team since it's the case for all other kind of contracts.

What isn't as logical is min contracts not counting for the receiving team. I guess the spirit behind that rule is, since teams are free to sign min players even when their MLE or cap space is gone, they should also be able to easily trade for them.
    That's what I was thinking. It just seems strange that a salary can count for one team in a trade, but not for the other. Thanks for the info. I had no idea. The exception could be a useful asset for the Spurs, although as we've seen, they don't always perceive assets in the way fans do. Didn't they get an exception in the Beno trade that they never used?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks.

I think I understand. The Spurs can choose how to define the trade to best suit their needs. I was hung up on Coon being ambiguous about using the min exception for one-for-one deals. But I guess the deal isn't one-for-one if it's non-simultaneous. Did you get confirmation somewhere that the TE was generated?

Either way, a full De Colo TE would be $1.563 Million according to Coon an extra $100k gets added automatically. That's definitely worth the extra cash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Next Towel Waver!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding Daye Everything I've seen/read suggest that he is an atrocious defender.
    So what your really saying is he will fit right in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh Marco has some passes that were Manu-esque than Nando ever will be tbh tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh Marco has some passes that were Manu-esque than Nando ever will be tbh tbh
    nando has some manu esque passes too anyway its a moot point none of them have even a remote chance to get close to manu... so 0 = 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least the kid can shoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    phenomenal debut... #playdaye

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty impressive last night!

His turnaround jumper clanging off the front of the rim was well-timed and executed. Nice defensive play by someone on the Spurs committing the lane violation to deny him his first point as a Spur as well.

Good stuff!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty impressive last night!

His turnaround jumper clanging off the front of the rim was well-timed and executed. Nice defensive play by someone on the Spurs committing the lane violation to deny him his first point as a Spur as well.

Good stuff!!
    And that was just his 1st game!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid has MVP written all over him. He should let Ayres show him how it's done!

Thread Information