Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You assume the wrong intent. That is not my fault.

Are they excuses or possible reasons?

Then... your attack came after I said we need more compe ion. When you refuse to accept clarification, it is clear you have no intent to debate. It is clear you are a troll.

Take a good look at yourself.
    After the prove me wrong...
    It's how you started the argument, there must be a reason companies do what they do because the are inherently compe ive. Whoops...
    That's my observation. You don't need to be trolled. Witness the trucks and water tower in the middle of nowhere. You are seriously trying to explain that away as well. You don't even see your reflexive bias in what you post. And you think you are trolled... Just stick a kick me sign on your rear.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    After the prove me wrong...
    So? ElNono did just that about the same time I proved myself wrong. Did you see posts 12 and 13?

It's how you started the argument, there must be a reason companies do what they do because the are inherently compe ive. Whoops...
    Now you are lying about my words.

Why do I always see you as a chronic lair? Are you proud of that?

That's my observation. You don't need to be trolled. Witness the trucks and water tower in the middle of nowhere. You are seriously trying to explain that away as well. You don't even see your reflexive bias in what you post.
    "Reflexive bias"... I would suggest it is your bias that makes you believe that. Why can't you see the intent of my words? Is your bias so strong you cannot see?

I know what I am doing. Like always, I point out views that are being ignored. If you wish to see that as bias, then I suggest you attempt to put a stop to the biased material I am showing an alternate reason to. Perhaps attack those linking the biased material and address the bias in threads to begin with or are you a hypocrite?

And you think you are trolled... Just stick a kick me sign on your rear.
    Trolled is as good of word as any. Your actions are that of a grade school bully. Looking for a response to laugh at, or feel superior.

Are you proud of that? Is your self esteem so low, you have to attack others to feel better?

How about actually trying to discuss a topic instead of purposely pissing people off, or is that beneath you somehow?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So? ElNono did just that about the same time I proved myself wrong. Did you see posts 12 and 13?

Now you are lying about my words.

Why do I always see you as a chronic lair? Are you proud of that?

"Reflexive bias"... I would suggest it is your bias that makes you believe that. Why can't you see the intent of my words? Is your bias so strong you cannot see?

I know what I am doing. Like always, I point out views that are being ignored. If you wish to see that as bias, then I suggest you attempt to put a stop to the biased material I am showing an alternate reason to. Perhaps attack those linking the biased material and address the bias in threads to begin with or are you a hypocrite?

Trolled is as good of word as any. Your actions are that of a grade school bully. Looking for a response to laugh at, or feel superior.

Are you proud of that? Is your self esteem so low, you have to attack others to feel better?

How about actually trying to discuss a topic instead of purposely pissing people off, or is that beneath you somehow?
    Bully?

Really. OK.
    Self esteem... I'm just waiting to fulfill another contract and was bored.

I am am obviously not the only one who misconstrues the intent of your words.
    But I apologize. And you can still tell me to myself. Tell the grade school bully to himself...

I should lay of the other automaton as well. Sorry Boots, I apologize.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I know what I am doing. Like always, I point out views that are being ignored.
    It's not 'like always.' That is the whole point of him saying your reflexive bias. When you hear something you don't like then you start making up stories to excuse or otherwise explain away what you do not want to hear. You take willful ignorance to the extreme.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You busted me. Yes I am also FuzzyLumpkins
    yeah pretty much

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

You busted me. Yes I am also FuzzyLumpkins
    Damn, you are such a good actor. It's got to be hard to play someone that is....

Well, you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, so I initially dismissed this. Now, I'm starting to worry.

I've been considering dropping my bundled TV/Internet/Phone package from TWC and just keep my "high speed" internet account, so I can get all my TV through my Roku w/ Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon prime video, etc. I'm embarrassed to say, I've been paying $245/mo for this bundle, and that was only after negotiating my bill down from $275/mo. From several articles I've read, the cable companies, having noticed this trend of people dropping their cable TV for streaming services, have started placing caps on data.

For example, Comcast has a 300Gb/mo limit in some markets, after which, you have to pay $10 for each additional 50GB.

If this happens, I'd drop TWC entirely, but there's not really any good alternatives in my area. The best AT&T service in my area is 18Mbps.
    Last edited by DarrinS; 02-28-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, so I initially dismissed this. Now, I'm starting to worry.

I've been considering dropping my bundled TV/Internet/Phone package from TWC and just keep my "high speed" internet account, so I can get all my TV through my Roku w/ Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon prime video, etc. I'm embarrassed to say, I've been paying $245/mo for this bundle, and that was only after negotiating my bill down from $275/mo. From several articles I've read, the cable companies, having noticed this trend of people dropping their cable TV for streaming services, have started placing caps on data.

For example, Comcast has a 300Gb/mo limit in some markets, after which, you have to pay $10 for each additional 50GB.

If this happens, I'd drop TWC entirely, but there's not really any good alternatives in my area. The best AT&T service in my area is 18Mbps.
    What bundle do you have? That sounds really high.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "dropping my bundled TV/Internet/Phone package from TWC and just keep my "high speed" internet account"

grandecom forces me to take their TV if I only want internet, just like I'm forced to pay for all the bundled channels I never watch.

I bet TWC is the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "dropping my bundled TV/Internet/Phone package from TWC and just keep my "high speed" internet account"

grandecom forces me to take their TV if I only want internet, just like I'm forced to pay for all the bundled channels I never watch.

I bet TWC is the same.

nah twc can go a la carte.

No data caps for twc yet. It will be interesting to see how the comcast/netflix deal will affect data caps with the use of netflix. Seems like that shouldn't count toward a cap logically, but this is cable we are talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What bundle do you have? That sounds really high.

I have the TV plan with all the major movies channels (Showtime, HBO, Cinesex, Starz, etc.) and the highest bandwidth internet plan. I have 3 HD settop boxes with DVR ($10 ea. per month) and the cable modem is about $6/mo. I think I've paid them nearly $360 for the modem, so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Looks like I'm over paying about $100/mo.

https://www.gettimewarnercable.com/o...=offers_triple

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

I bet TWC is the same.

In my case, the bundle saves you about 50% over the individual prices. I had the cable/internet/phone package and when I dropped the bundle service, Didn't drop the phone yet because two individual services were the same price as the bundle.It was about $130. The internet only was $50 +$6 modem. I bought my own modem, but the price increased back up and is now $66. This was some years back. Since the internet is now about 33% more, I assume the current bundle price in my area is about $175. This was with no premium channels.

I sure wish I had high speed internet compe ion to drop the price.

I thought about paying the $40(?) monthly to user my cell phone as a hotspot, but that thought dissipated very fast. I don't need to save money that bad, but I hate Comcast.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I have the TV plan with all the major movies channels (Showtime, HBO, Cinesex, Starz, etc.) and the highest bandwidth internet plan. I have 3 HD settop boxes with DVR ($10 ea. per month) and the cable modem is about $6/mo. I think I've paid them nearly $360 for the modem, so far.
    LOL...

I good modem is less than half that price. Mine already paid for itself.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Don't you like that "for 12 month" deal where afterwards, they charge full price...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...

I good modem is less than half that price. Mine already paid for itself.

I've actually paid over 4x the modem's value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you like that "for 12 month" deal where afterwards, they charge full price...
    Yeah, just noticed that. I'm surpised it's not in this font.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I've actually paid over 4x the modem's value.
    So get off your duff and buy one!

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    When I bought mine, I did 2 things. I selected one that would go much faster than I needed in case my available data rates went up. I think it does up to 250mbps. I also made sure it was "Comcast compatible." From there, it's just a phone call away to set it up. They need a number on the modem to complete the service.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Call them again and tell them you are going with att. Once you get to retention they will give you whatever deal they can to keep you. Have to do it every time your deal expires but worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Call them again and tell them you are going with att. Once you get to retention they will give you whatever deal they can to keep you. Have to do it every time your deal expires but worth it.

It's worth a shot.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah twc can go a la carte.
    Time Warner pushes the bundles hard though. I have a friend who just got it and got so annoyed he finally yelled at the salesman "Can I just get the ing internet?" after going in circles over and over again about not wanting the TV nor VOIP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time Warner pushes the bundles hard though. I have a friend who just got it and got so annoyed he finally yelled at the salesman "Can I just get the ing internet?" after going in circles over and over again about not wanting the TV nor VOIP.
    Hm, didn't have a problem when I got internet only a couple years back. Guess I got the right rep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information