Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    Very nice body of work FKLA. Very nice.

I don't think there is a college coach or knowledgeable college football fan that is not amazed at the program Coker has put together in very short order. I do hope he stays around another 6 years to age 70 before retiring. And he should have a building named after him for taking a start up that didn't own a football helmet to the level he has.
    Last edited by Twisted_Dawg; 02-28-2014 at 07:00 AM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Very nice body of work FKLA. Very nice.

I don't think there is a college coach or knowledgeable college football fan that is not amazed at the program Coker has put together in very short order. I do hope he stays around another 6 years to age 70 before retiring. And he should have a building named after him for taking a start up that didn't own a football helmet to the level he has.
    No doubt. Coker and Lynn Hickey are by far the best things to ever happen to UTSA Athletics. Im hoping something in the new athletic complex on Hausman gets named after them.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    About ten days late but some pics and quotes from Junior Day...

-WR commit Furquan Shorts (above), per Rivals: "UTSA offered me today. And after visiting today I knew I wanted to go there! I felt like I was a part of the family. And as soon as they offered, I said I wanted to commit. Having Greg (Campbell) there makes the commitment so much better." - Shorts

-RB commit D'Anthony Hopkins, per Scout:
    “I just fell in love with campus and I really loved the coaches. I just really liked the program. It’s great. What they have to offer is tremendous,” said Hopkins.

-WR commit Tre Hamilton, per Scout:
    “Everybody was so family-based,” said Hamilton. “Everything was really nice and impressive. They showed us the weight room and talked about some additions they’re making. Just overall, the campus was really nice.”

-WR/RB commit Matt Guidry, per Scout: "I was talking to my parents and being real close to home, playing division one football and staying in Texas was big. Committing wasn't on my mind. When I got home I thought about how it was a great school, great campus, very nice and I just want to go there. They said they'll most likely use me a slot WR."
    Last edited by FkLA; 03-04-2014 at 02:59 AM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Billy McCrary III-Rouse HS (Leander, Tx), per Rivals:

"It was a really good visit," McCrary said. "I got to talk with the coaches and see the campus and the dorms. I want to make my decision my the time I would be taking official visits so I wanted to see as much as I could and learn as much as I could about the program. It was very impressive." ... "Being wanted is important to anyone. You always want to go to a place that wants you there. UTSA has treated me and my family great. I'm really looking forward to building that relationship and meeting the new wide receivers coach at spring practice." ...
    "I love it. Rouse was a new high school when I started. We've only been around for a few years too. We've played with that chip on our shoulder the whole time because of it. It seems like UTSA has that same vibe and that is something I really like about them. They have something to prove and so do I."

Biggest playmaker out of the players offered imo (other than Ketchum who is a national recruit). Ran a 4.38 at the US Army Combine in the Alamdome a couple of months ago. SMU, Texas State and North Texas have also offered.

Last edited by FkLA; 03-04-2014 at 05:18 AM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

S Andrew Martel-Foster HS (Richmond, Tx), per Scout:

“Coach Eliano pulled me aside when I first walked in and told me that Coach Coker was going to offer me. A few minutes later, Coach Coker told me that they had a scholarship for me. T
    hey did a great job. They were very proud of what they had to offer,” said Martel. ... “I like the coaches a lot, the campus is really nice,” said Martel. "The players sounded like they what they’ve done there and are looking to improve some more. But right now I don't have a timetable for making a decision."
    Last edited by FkLA; 03-04-2014 at 05:17 AM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

S Cornelius Levine-Memorial HS (Port Arthur, Tx), per Scout:

"They're recruiting me as a safety. I was talking to Coach Neathery and Reeve. They watched my film and feel that I fit their defensive scheme. I could be a big force them," ...
    "They have a very nice weight room. I would love to go see their dorms. I like how the campus is, it's not too big, it's just set up well," said Levine.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1203269/cornelius-levine

QB Jaylon Henderson-Kingwood Park HS (Kingwood, Tx)
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2096838/jaylon-henderson

QB L.G. Williams-Steele HS (Cibolo, Tx)
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1276550/lg-williams

Vid shown to recruits.
    Last edited by FkLA; 03-04-2014 at 05:03 AM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Hopefully itll be showed on FS1.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    QB Manny Harris-Copperas Cove (Copperas Cove, Tx), per Rivals:

"The Junior Day went pretty well. The coaches really like me and I really like them. UTSA had a nice campus and nice facilities. And they are the first school to offer, so that's great as well." ...
    "The coaches said they really liked my play on the field and they they want me to be around as much as possible at camps and for visits. And they really want me to be a Roadrunner! But before I decide, I want to watch the spring game and get to San Antonio in the summer to get a better idea on whether it's a place that I see myself being at for the next 4-5 years. But UTSA is up there right now for me, and I like the way they are building their football program." - Harris

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1376215/manny-harris

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    QB Da'Shawn Key-Brennan HS (San Antonio, Tx), per Scout:

"I talked to Coach Coker and Coach Brown. They were pretty cool. I really like the coaches. They were real down to earth, laid back, it was easy to have a conversation. I enjoy talking to them. They like me as a Dual Threat Quarterback," ... "The campus is pretty big, but what surprised me is that Coach Brown told me they're a balanced run/pass, 50-50. I really liked it a lot. I haven't decided yet, but it's definitely one of the serious options I'm considering," said Key.

The 'Runners are his first offer, but schools such as BYU, Arkansas, and SMU have shown solid interest.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/137869...ghts/132828375

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    DE Tyrell Thompson-Copperas Cove HS (Copperas Cove, Tx), per Scout:

"It was amazing! Being there, meeting some coaches, seeing them face to face, and seeing what UTSA is all about. Talking to Coach Coker he sounded really interested and wants me to leave my mark on UTSA," ... "We didn't go to the Dome. We saw the campus lifestyle, more of campus dealings than football stuff. It surprised me, really caught my eye on what they do. How spread out the campus is, it seems like a good place and could be a home in the future," said Thompson.

The 'Runners are his second offer of the young recruiting cycle. Texas State was the first to extend. Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas have all shown strong interest already.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1764434/tyrell-thompson

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    CB Jacorie Jones-Memorial HS (Port Arthur, Tx), per Scout:

"I was shocked when they told me. It was towards the end, they met with me and my parents when Coach Coker offered. I was right next to CJ when they offered. They offered us together," ... "It was a nice campus. When I talked to the players I learned some things I could learn to bring back for my last year of HS. They're having some camps in June and they want me at the spring game," said Jones.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1689094/jacorie-jones

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Former*Texas Tech*quarterback Michael Brewer says he will transfer to*Virginia Tech, where he can compete to replace*Logan Thomas.''Excited and humbled to announce that I will be attending Virginia Tech,'' Brewer posted on his Twitter account Sunday. He is set to graduate from Texas Tech in May, so he'll be eligible to play for the Hokies next season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-...28--ncaaf.html
    I'm only posting this here because there was a rumor that there was a chance he might transfer to utsa.

I didn't really think there was a chance in myself.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    "Nice campus?" Did these guys not visit any other schools?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think they should show recruits the downtown campus across from the municipal courthouse

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I'm only posting this here because there was a rumor that there was a chance he might transfer to utsa.

I didn't really think there was a chance in myself.
    And what were the conditions I gave for that ?

The newer buildings are nice imo. But I'm sure some of the quotes are just a case of being polite, the facilities comment was the strangest to me.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    And what were the conditions I gave for that ?
    Irrelevant. There was no chance he was going to utsa. Ever.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Irrelevant. There was no chance he was going to utsa. Ever.
    Irrelevant except for the fact that I wouldn't have said that UTSA had a chance without those conditions.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Irrelevant except for the fact that I wouldn't have said that UTSA had a chance without those conditions.
    there was (for all non-magical purposes) no chance of those conditions ever existing.....whatever your conditions might have been

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    there was (for all non-magical purposes) no chance of those conditions ever existing.....whatever your conditions might have been
    One of those conditions already existed (no Big 12 teams). Wanting to stay in-state is not uncommon at all. You are dumb.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    One of those conditions already existed (no Big 12 teams). Wanting to stay in-state is not uncommon at all. You are dumb.
    Brewer had big schools come courting as soon as he announced he was transferring. He scheduled visits immediately. You're dumber.

lol "so you're saying there's a chance"

smhlmao utsa.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Brewer had big schools come courting as soon as he announced he was transferring. He scheduled visits immediately. You're dumber.

lol "so you're saying there's a chance"

smhlmao utsa.
    I never said there was any chance if he was willing to go out of state or allowed to go to a Big 12 program. You're pulling out of your ass with this one.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I never said there was any chance if he was willing to go out of state or allowed to go to a Big 12 program. You're pulling out of your ass with this one.
    Read that Brewer is being blocked from every Big 12 and CUSA Texas team, which includes UTSA. Hope Kliff eases up and allows him to play in CUSA. I think we'd have a legit shot at landing him tbh.
    Prime example of a goal post move.

smheaddddd utsa

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Youre a child. I said exactly what I meant in the next post. I have no problem admitting that UTSA isnt on par with P5 schools.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    S Jacob Murray-Coppell HS (Coppell, Tx), per Scout:

“The Safeties coach came up to me and told me congratulations that I have an official offer. Then we went to talk to Coach Coker who told me they wanted me at UTSA,” ... “They did a pretty good job,” Murray said of the Junior Day. “Right when I got there, the coaches introduced themselves to me and welcomed me. Right when I got there I felt like I was family." ... “It was pretty nice. The facilities are pretty nice. I like the campus, it’s pretty big. And it’s in Texas, so that is a positive,” ... “I’m going to go through the process, I’m not going to make any decisions this early,” said Murray.

UTSA is Murray’s first offer. However, he has had interest from Texas State, Rice, Yale, and LA Tech.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2583533/jacob-murray

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    New offer out to JUCO OT Dominic Desouza (6-7, 290) of City College of San Francisco. Also has offers from Nevada, Western Kentucky and Idaho. Per Rivals, currently has Nevada, UTSA and WKU as his Top 3 in that order. Has only visited Nevada though, wants to visit UTSA.

http://247sports.com/Player/Dominic-Desouza-48079

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/256383...ights/91647382

Thread Information