Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Per Rivals, QB Bennie Coney a Top 15 QB in the class of '12 will transfer from Cincinnati. Will decide between UTSA, FAU and Bethune-Cookman. Am assuming Coach Pop and Coker's Florida background is playing a role here.

Wouldn't be a bad pick-up considering the fact that the 2nd best QB in Texas has graduated tbh.
    It's a shame that Michael Brewer spurned your advances.

Koy Detmer Jr would be a solid get if utsa could keep him away from BYU

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Let the qb scramble begin post soza era..
    Yep. If Coney ends up here hed have to sit out the year so Tucker Carter is our guy this year. Hasnt really impressed me in the limited snaps hes gotten but thats what the coaches are rolling with it seems.

Koy Detmer Jr would be a solid get if utsa could keep him away from BYU

Think hes farther down on UTSA's board for the QB position. If some of the guys that have been offered fall through, Detmer is in the next tier that would get offered imo. Manny Harris from Copperas Cove would be my bet to end up here unless Baylor offers. He'll decide in the Summer.

Last edited by FkLA; 03-12-2014 at 08:23 AM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Update on the Copperas Cove HS duo...

QB Manny Harris, per Rivals:

"Coach Coker just really wants me to come visit again, and I've been talking to him a good amount lately. He says they have a good group of wide receivers committed so he just needs to find a quarterback to throw to them." ...
    "I really like the UTSA program and school. And I'll likely make my decision before my season starts. But probably in the summer time."

Harris, who also reported picking up a Texas State offer yesterday, would be a great addition to the 2015 class. He has good size for the position and is continuing to break records once held by Robert Griffin III at Copperas Cove.

DE Tyrell Thompson (on Texas Junior Day), per Scout:

“They didn’t offer me a scholarship because they are still evaluating me. But they said they were going to be back at my school in May.” ... “We went into an academics center and learned about that. Then we went into the arts center and sat down for a presentation on Texas academics. It opened my eyes and made me realize I need to stay on top of my books.” ... “It’s not all about football. That’s what some kids don’t understand but I understand that.” ... “Texas is at the top of the list.”

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Deunte Chatman is still looking for an offer from UT.He recently won the NIKE sparq combine in houston with a 130.44 score.It was the 2nd highest in the nation.His shuttle was a 4.09 and far as the nfl combine in the shuttle it would ranked him in the top 10 nation
    Would an offer from UT be ok if the campus was in San Antonio?
    UTSA is one of the school ,Chatman would love to visit and get an offer from.Chatman can play multiple postions with his height and weight
    If he commits, you can thank me later.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I'd offer him. Nothing to lose by doing so tbh.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    UH opens its new stadium in the season opener against UTSA on Aug. 30, although there is a possibility the game could move up one day for national television.
    http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2...ball-schedule/

Home opener vs Arizona has already been moved to Thursday and should be on FS1. Would be sweet to start off the season with two consecutive games on national TV tbh.

Post Count
    http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2...ball-schedule/

Home opener vs Arizona has already been moved to Thursday and should be on FS1. Would be sweet to start off the season with two consecutive games on national TV tbh.
    as long as they make a good showing

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I know Arizona lost Carey and their QB to graduation. Dont think we'll be favored in either game but Im also not seeing either as a blowout, which I'd be ok with. More about getting the brand out there more than actually winning these games anyways although Id gladly take an upset.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

QB Jaylon Henderson-Kingwood Park HS (Kingwood, Tx)
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2096838/jaylon-henderson

Small update, per Scout:
    ”The recruiting process for me as a QB is a lot different than any other position. It is known to take a little longer but it’s been great so far and a little stressful at times but that’s all part of it. I have visited Houston three times, Texas-San Antonio twice and Texas and TCU twice as well.” ... "They were all great visits,” ... “Right now I’d have to say Houston is the most interested in me due to our constant communication. I’ve visited the other four schools that have given me interest in me and hope to have more schools to visit sometime very soon.”

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Koy Detmer Jr, per Scout:

Recruiting interest is coming in for Koy Jr., who attended UTSA Junior Day over the weekend and has been hearing from the Roadrunners, as well as a few other programs.

"The process has been pretty good. BYU has been looking at me heavy; UTSA, too.Houston, North Texas, Harvard, and Utah have been on the radar, but really UTSA and BYU are the main ones. I don't have any offers at the moment, but I'm hoping to pull some in soon," he said.

Koy Jr. will attend BYU, his uncle's alma mater, Junior Day on June 14th and says he's hoping to hear from his father's, as well.

"Colorado has been sending me letters but it would be good to see some interest from them. But other than that, it's whatever really comes in. I'm feeling good about the schools looking at me, so it's been a great experience. I'm just enjoying everything," he said.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/163501...ights/87661390

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    -South Grand Praire HS (Grand Praire, Tx) ATH Tony Nicholson offered. Good friends with '13 UTSA commit Tank Oneal. Also holds offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Colorado State, Duke, Kansas State, Ole Miss and San Diego State.

-Sachse HS (Sachse, Tx) RB Devine Ozigbo offered. Also holds offers from Iowa, Miami, Tulsa and Utah.

-Bryan Adams HS (Dallas, Tx) DT Joseph Broadnax offered. Current TCU commit and also holds an offer from North Texas.

All seem like longshots tbh.

Post Count
    -South Grand Praire HS (Grand Praire, Tx) ATH Tony Nicholson offered. Good friends with '13 UTSA commit Tank Oneal. Also holds offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Colorado State, Duke, Kansas State, Ole Miss and San Diego State.

-Sachse HS (Sachse, Tx) RB Devine Ozigbo offered. Also holds offers from Iowa, Miami, Tulsa and Utah.

-Bryan Adams HS (Dallas, Tx) DT Joseph Broadnax offered. Current TCU commit and also holds an offer from North Texas.

All seem like longshots tbh.
    I'm curious, why would Coker (who I admire and respect), make offers to a player that had offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Colorado State, Duke, Kansas State, Ole Miss and San Diego State? Nicholson could play in some big time conferences. Or, another player who has offers from Iowa, Miami, Tulsa and Utah who could play in the B1G or ACC. There is no way these players ever come here with those kind of offers. It's admirable to shoot high, but be realistic.

Post Count
    I'm curious, why would Coker (who I admire and respect), make offers to a player that had offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Colorado State, Duke, Kansas State, Ole Miss and San Diego State? Nicholson could play in some big time conferences. Or, another player who has offers from Iowa, Miami, Tulsa and Utah who could play in the B1G or ACC. There is no way these players ever come here with those kind of offers. It's admirable to shoot high, but be realistic.
    Alot of times its the smaller schools like UTSA or North Texas who get there offers in early and then bigger schools follow months later. I see no reason not to offer some kids who show interest. Some kids might prefer a smaller school to attend, location may be a factor, or even academic requirements.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    What is there to lose by offering them? The worst thing that could happen is the kid says no.

And like yavozerb said, sometimes a kid does end up playing at a smaller school for whatever reason. Our DT Ashaad Mabry was an Ok State commit but his mom was having some health problems so he ended up here. When Tuberville left Texas Tech and Kingsbury didnt honor some scholarships three of them ended up at UTSA. You dont put alot of resources into them because its unlikely you flip them but you atleast keep in contact in case something happens.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Post Count
    Alot of times its the smaller schools like UTSA or North Texas who get there offers in early and then bigger schools follow months later. I see no reason not to offer some kids who show interest. Some kids might prefer a smaller school to attend, location may be a factor, or even academic requirements.
    Point taken. Plus I suppose it does put the school on the map with the other big boys in recruiting.

What is there to lose by offering them? The worst thing that could happen is the kid says no.

And like yavozerb said, sometimes a kid does end up playing at a smaller school for whatever reason. Our DT Ashaad Mabry was an Ok State commit but his mom was having some health problems so he ended up here. When Tuberville left Texas Tech and Kingsbury didnt honor some scholarships three of them ended up at UTSA. You dont put alot of resources into them because its unlikely you flip them but you atleast keep in contact in case something happens.
    What is there to lose? Well tying up a bunch of scholarship offers on players you have a very limited chance of signing vs offering to other players you have a shot at. Agreed some players want to go to a smaller program, or a school near home or have family issues like Mike Mitc who left Ohio St to head back to Texas for his sick father in Texas.

I've got no problem in setting high goals, but just wondering why Coker was offering players he will never sign. A lot of time and effort goes into staying in contact with the recruit.

Post Count
    BTW FkLA, I said it early in this thread, but great body of work you have put together here.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    What is there to lose? Well tying up a bunch of scholarship offers on players you have a very limited chance of signing vs offering to other players you have a shot at. Agreed some players want to go to a smaller program, or a school near home or have family issues like Mike Mitc who left Ohio St to head back to Texas for his sick father in Texas.

I've got no problem in setting high goals, but just wondering why Coker was offering players he will never sign. A lot of time and effort goes into staying in contact with the recruit.
    There's no limit on offers though. Offering a highly touted guy won't prevent Coker from offering any other recruit he wants, especially if that touted guy isn't really showing much interest. Every school gives out more offers than they have scholarships tbh.

BTW FkLA, I said it early in this thread, but great body of work you have put together here.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Texas City HS (Texas City, Texas) LB D'Vonta Hinton has been offered. Also holds offers from Louisiana Tech, Maryland and Texas Tech.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/139201...ghts/106496384

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Per Scout:

"D-line Coach Eric Roark told me,” ... “I was kind of expecting it. They were supposed to offer me.” ...
    “I want to play slot at the next level, No colleges have mentioned QB. I don't mind playing DB. UTSA likes me at WR, punt return and kick return.
    "

For UTSA, Nicholson considers them even with the other schools.

“All schools are even right now,” said Nicholson. “Whenever I take a visit, that school kind of stands out. It's getting kind of hard right now, but when I talk to my parents then I'll make that decision.”

Nicholson is planning to visit UTSA sometime during the spring. After that, he wants to make a decision sooner rather than later.

“I'm thinking about a little after spring making a decision, but for sure before my senior season,” said Nicholson.

One thing that may bode in favor of UTSA is the fact that Nicholson is the former teammate of current Roadrunner Linebacker Tank O’Neal.

“I actually talked to Tank, when UTSA first started recruiting me,” said Nicholson. “He was telling me that he liked UTSA, it was an up coming program, and that San Antonio was a good place. He's told me nothing but good things about UTSA.”

Per Rivals:

"I love the city of San Antonio. I'm going to look more into UTSA."

Coach Roark extended the offer to Broadnax.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Per Rivals, QB Bennie Coney a Top 15 QB in the class of '12 will transfer from Cincinnati. Will decide between UTSA, FAU and Bethune-Cookman. Am assuming Coach Pop and Coker's Florida background is playing a role here.

Wouldn't be a bad pick-up considering the fact that the 2nd best QB in Texas has graduated tbh.
    Per Rivals:

"I'm still considering the same schools. I've just added some Juco schools into the mix… I am still considering UTSA but I haven't talked to them in a bit. So the question is are they still considering me?..."

I don't have a good answer as to why UTSA wouldn't have more contact with Coney unless there are restrictions I'm unaware of. But I'd assume there is still a chance Coney could end up at UTSA.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Spring schedule has been set for a while but never posted it. Thought some of you may be interested.

Spring Schedule

March 26-April 23

March 29 - Open scrimmage/practice at Dub Farris - 1 PM

April 12 - Open scrimmage/practice at Smithson Valley - TBA
    April 26 - Spring Game at Alamodome - 1 PM
    Practice starts Wednesday and Coker has his press conference tomorrow. Assuming it will be streamed on goutsa.com, gonna try to stop by and get some pics.

Also heard the offensive staff was in Forth Worth this past week checking out TCU's Spring Practices which are already under way. Even though hes poached several recruits from UTSA, thats pretty cool of Gary Patterson tbh.

Post Count
    Practice starts Wednesday and Coker has his press conference tomorrow. Assuming it will be streamed on goutsa.com, gonna try to stop by and get some pics.

Also heard the offensive staff was in Forth Worth this past week checking out TCU's Spring Practices which are already under way. Even though hes poached several recruits from UTSA, thats pretty cool of Gary Patterson tbh.
    Just hope TCU does not get any ideas about Coker if they fire Patterson next December.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

TCU's offensive coordinator is Sonny bie. Does utsa run a spread?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Just hope TCU does not get any ideas about Coker if they fire Patterson next December.
    Unlikely but yeah that would suck.

Coker's attorney is going over an extension that UTSA has offered. If the attorney approves then from there it is just a formality (UT System Board of Regents approval). Cant remember if it was a 3 year extension or a 5 year one though.

TCU's offensive coordinator is Sonny bie. Does utsa run a spread?
    It was multiple with Soza tbh.

The new starter has a bigger arm and is less mobile though. The passing game should be more wide open. Didnt think much of them visiting at first but thats a good point, it could mean we will see the Spread a lot more.

Thread Information