Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Heres hoping hes UTSA Football's first NFL player tbh.
    Forgot it was UTSA's Pro Day today. Small '13 Senior class so only five participated, their numbers per Rivals...

40 Times (against wind):

S Cody Berry-4.81
    DE Jarron Harris-5.0
    LB Steven Kurfehs-4.61 (4.58 w/ wind)
    TE Jeremiah Moeller-4.79
    QB Eric Soza-4.81

Bench Reps:

LB Steven Kurfehs-22
    TE Jeremiah Moeller-26

If he puts up similar numbers at the Super Regional Combine I don't see how Kurfehs doesn't atleast get a camp invite tbh.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    SAN ANTONIO — Former UTSA standouts Steven Kurfehs and Jeremiah Moeller have been invited to an upcoming NFL super regional combine in Detroit.

The two former area high school players snagged invitations to the April 12 event after participating in regional combines last month.

It's a good sign for Kurfehs and Moeller, who both want to play professionally.

According to a news release issued last October by the NFL, 29 of the regional or super regional combine participants from last spring secured 53-man roster positions.

Among those players were former Texas State standouts Daryl Morris of the 49ers and Joplo Bartu of the Falcons.

Kurfehs, a linebacker, said he's excited about the invitation, and he's optimistic he can land in a pro camp this summer.

“I may not be the biggest and I might not be the fastest, but I'm not going to let anyone outwork me,” said Kurfehs, an O'Connor product. “If someone gives me a chance, I'm not going to let them down.”

Moeller, a tight end who played at New Braunfels Canyon, said athletes register for regional combines in an effort to show the scouts what they can do.

He said the super combine invitation stokes his hopes he can make it into a pro camp.

“You work your whole life for something like that, and it's big news, especially for someone like me,” said Moeller, who walked on at UTSA. “It's amazing, so far. Just got to keep working.”

UTSA pro day: Former UTSA quarterback Eric Soza has yet to receive a combine invitation.

But he's still in the hunt for a camp invitation and will be one of five former players working out during UTSA's pro day, scheduled to be held on campus Tuesday morning.

Players scheduled to participate include Soza, Kurfehs, Moeller, safety Cody Berry and defensive end Jarron Harris.

Spring drills to open: UTSA spring practice opens Wednesday morning. The camp will conclude with the UTSA Football Fiesta Spring Game on April 26 at the Alamodome.

Track and field: Senior Keyunta Hayes, a 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials participant, won the 400- and 110-meter hurdles at the UTSA Texas Challenge Invitational last weekend at Park West.

Texas A&M, Texas, Houston, Texas Tech and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi competed in the new facility.

The Roadrunners used the meet to prepare for the Texas Relays, a four-day meet that opens Wednesday in Austin.

Baseball: Former Pleasanton star Boone Mokry will take the mound Tuesday night as the Roadrunners host A&M-Corpus Christi.

Mokry (0-0, 2.05 ERA) will be making his ninth appearance of the season and his fourth start.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/utsa/article/UTSA-notebook-Two-invited-to-combine-5345905.php

Jeremiah Moeller has gotten an invite as well, apparently. Both are local products too.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Good thread FkLA. Keep up the good work.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    3/26 Practice-Larry Coker and new starter Tucker Carter:

KSAT12: http://www.ksat.com/news/UTSA-Roadru...ctice/25177610

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    -Plano East HS (Plano, Tx) LB Austin Corbett has been offered. Also holds offers from SMU and Harvard.
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1636006/austin-corbett

-Cedar Hill HS (Cedar Hill, Tx) LB Richard Moore has been offered. Long list of offers that includes A&M, Baylor, Mizzou, and Oklahoma State.
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/144355...ights/80856382

-Couple of recruits that were in attendance for today's open practice at Dub Farris:

OL Clayton Woods (Highland Park HS) HOLDS OFFER
    DE Sam Miller (Canton HS) HOLDS OFFER
    LB Austin Corbett (Plano East HS) HOLDS OFFER
    WR/TE Kiki Hill (Aransas Pass HS)
    OL Chris Zirkle (Clear Springs HS)
    OL Jordan Seigert (Cedar Park HS)
    Last edited by FkLA; 03-29-2014 at 11:00 PM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Update on OL Clayton Woods from earlier today, per Rivals:

"I took an unofficial visit to UTSA this weekend and watched the team practice on Friday and Saturday. I had a great time and met a lot of the players." ... "I talked with the coaches a lot and they seem to really like me and want a center. And I have a pretty good relationship with Coach Coker, Coach Brown (OC) and Coach Roark." ... "They may not have the facilities and things other schools have but that will change in the near future. But the coaches and players have a special bond unlike any other place and that makes me think there are going to be big things happening in San Antonio for years to come."

Along with UTSA and North Texas, Woods mentioned that Rice, SMU, and Northwestern were also showing interest with Northwestern showing the most behind UTSA (though, no offer yet).

Though things are going well between Woods and UTSA, he added he would not be making a decision anytime soon. But laying solid groundwork now could pay dividends for UTSA down the road.

These are the kind of guys we need to consistently lock-up. As long as we outrecruit other C-USA schools we'll be allright. If Northwestern doesn't offer UTSA should be in good shape to land Woods imo.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    3/29 Open Practice

Last edited by FkLA; 03-31-2014 at 07:11 PM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Canton HS (Canton, Tx) DE Sam Miller was offered after Saturday's (3/29) open practice, quotes per Scout:

"I went to the campus at 10 o'clock. They gave us a tour, I got to sit in the team meetings, defensive end's meeting. I sat in the back and watched. Then they called me in and I spoke with Coach Coker and they offered," ... "I wasn't expecting it. It did surprise me and caught me a little off guard. They were very excited and I was excited too," said Miller.

The 'Runners are his first, but other programs are showing interest. He attended Texas State's Junior Day last month and has been invited to camps for Oklahoma State and Kansas State.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Another UTSA game moved to Thursday for national TV. Home-opener vs. Arizona moved to a Thursday as well and the season-opener at Houston is likely to be moved to a Friday.

Some out of town season ticket holders are upset but you can't turn down national TV tbh.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Forgot it was UTSA's Pro Day today. Small '13 Senior class so only five participated, their numbers per Rivals...

40 Times (against wind):

S Cody Berry-4.81
    DE Jarron Harris-5.0
    LB Steven Kurfehs-4.61 (4.58 w/ wind)
    TE Jeremiah Moeller-4.79
    QB Eric Soza-4.81

Bench Reps:

LB Steven Kurfehs-22
    TE Jeremiah Moeller-26

If he puts up similar numbers at the Super Regional Combine I don't see how Kurfehs doesn't atleast get a camp invite tbh.

lol my time in high school except for the LB's was faster than those kids...

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    lol my time in high school except for the LB's was faster than those kids...
    Well you're a scrawny ass little white boy tbh. Plus it's a DE, blocking TE, SS and QB that aren't legit NFL prospects. Kurfehs will get a camp invite.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Clear Lake HS (Houston, Tx) G/C Alex Snow has been offered. Was in attendance for Friday's practice and from what I've read it is very likely that he becomes UTSA's 5th commit within the next few days.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    -Per Rivals, Rouse HS (Leander, Tx) ATH Billy McCrary III will be at the 4/26 Spring Game at the Alamodome.

-Per DChatman2008, Summer Creek HS (Humble, Tx) ATH DeUnte Chatman will also be at the game.
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1280931/deunte-chatman

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Commit #5

G/C Alex Snow
    6-2, 280
    Clear Lake High School
    Houston, Tx

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    4/2 Practice

4/4 Practice

Still early in the Spring but Coker doesn't seem to be too happy with the offense so far. Trying to be positive about Carter but I've always had a feeling that he is not that good. Wish we had Saint Soza for one more year tbh.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Commit #5

G/C Alex Snow
    6-2, 280
    Clear Lake High School
    Houston, Tx
    His thoughts, per Rivals:

"The UTSA campus is amazing and so is the staff. The coaching staff was really friendly. And the new facilities they are going to get will be amazing... Both of my brothers went to play college ball - one at the Naval Academy in Maryland and one at Portland State in Oregon, and my parents had a hard time getting to their games. I wanted to be somewhere close to home so my parents could see me play, and UTSA offered that." - Snow

Post Count
    4/2 Practice

Still early in the Spring but Coker doesn't seem to be too happy with the offense so far. Trying to be positive about Carter but I've always had a feeling that he is not that good. Wish we had Saint Soza for one more year tbh.
    Discuss further in detail.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Discuss further in detail.
    Just my opinion on Carter. From the couple of practices and limited playing time I've seen of him, he doesn't do it for me. Not sure if we have the personnel to do well with an immobile pocket passer especially against some of the better teams on the schedule. Hearing Coker call out the offense reinforces those worries but then again it could just be coach talk.

Hope I am proven wrong obviously and tbf reading stuff like this recently is encouraging (per Scout):

Tucker Carter continued to impress with his arm strength and passing abilities. Today’s weather was the first non-windy we’ve been able to watch for quite some time and Carter took advantage throwing a ton of deep balls that hit various WRs in stride. There were at least a half a dozen balls in one on one drills between WRs and DBs that Carter threw right on the money. These were passes 35 yards + into the endzone for scores. We also saw some good action in seven on seven drills.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    4/9 Practice

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Second open practice is this Saturday...

Thread Information